HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

the Official bring back Sergei to jump start Andrei thread

Old
03-07-2009, 07:56 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

vCash: 500
the Official bring back Sergei to jump start Andrei thread

who is with me?

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 07:57 AM
kostitsyn1489

Anything that get kostitsyn away from kovalev is fine for me.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
who is with me?
Not me. Let Sergei prove he can play at the AHL level again first.

I doubt Andre needs his little brother to make him play better. If he did, I'd hope Bob would recognize that flaw and trade them both.

Andre needs to be with different linemates for while.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:21 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I think Sergei needs to spend the rest of the season in the A, just to readjust himself. To jumpstart Andrei we need to TAKE HIM OFF THAT LINE!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:41 AM
la25ecoupe

tANGUAY - kOIVU - ak46

IS THE ANSWER.

If Sergie back, then let the Bros develop TOGETHER on the same line~!!~

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:44 AM
strutsboa

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
S Kostitsyn-Plekanec-A Kostitsyn
Higgins-Metropolit-Pacioretty (I believe Metropolit is more offensively skilled than Lapierre)
Kostopoulos-Lapierre-Stewart

strutsboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Ross MacLochness

He needs more games with The Stickhandler. That's how you get your game back. His stickhandling makes everybody better.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Not me. Let Sergei prove he can play at the AHL level again first.

Andre needs to be with different linemates for while.
I agree with those comments.

Sergei has never dominated in the AHL in his two stints there. He was very productive last year, but never took control of the games. Hopefully he can take his game to such a level during this stint before being recalled either this or next year.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:04 AM
TheGoalJudge

I really do not understand Carbonneau. Akost leaves Kovalev when Kovalev sits for 2 games and dominates. Kovalev comes back and reunites with Akost. Akost completely and totally disappears.

HELLO?

TheGoalJudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:04 AM
mikeg

against this move 100%, he can't even prove he belongs in hamilton right now, i wonder if we will ever see him a in habs jersey again.

mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
against this move 100%, he can't even prove he belongs in hamilton right now, i wonder if we will ever see him a in habs jersey again.
Strongly Agree - Agree - Unsure - Disagree - Strongly Disagree

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - X - - - - -

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:19 AM
McTusk

How about Andrei just jump-start himself, if a guy we're counting on to be a game-breaker needs his little brother around to make it better for him, maybe we don't need him. Andrei has got some great skill, it's a shame he only shows up once in a while.

McTusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:28 AM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
How about Andrei just jump-start himself, if a guy we're counting on to be a game-breaker needs his little brother around to make it better for him, maybe we don't need him. Andrei has got some great skill, it's a shame he only shows up once in a while.
He needs the puck.

Old
03-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Yan73

The only thing Andrei needs is to be treated as the go to guy.

He is the leading scorer on one of the top half scoring team in the NHL, while playing some PP time as the man in front of the net and as a decoy to let Kovalev work more freely, and playing a regular rotation on 5on5, like all others players do.

And on top of that, he is not playing his natural wing.

It's clear he does not have the same personality as his brother, maybe because of his health situation. Beiing plagued with epileptics crisis is though for the self-esteem and can hinder his personalty. I think he needs the surrounding staff to show him they believe in him.

With confidence, he can dominate a game.

Some coaches know how to get the best from their players, some don't. I don't think Carbo can do this. He is just an unstable coach who try to punish every players who is not playing to the level he want's and fouded that by bringing young players, he can manipulate his veterans. I think this is the only reason why he brought so many yougsters (and the evident talent level of our pool).

Only my two cents

Yan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:33 AM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
He needs the puck.
Yeah, but does he want it?

Old
03-07-2009, 09:39 AM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Yeah, but does he want it?
Ya but Kovalev won't give it to him. Is it really that hard to see the difference between his games with Kovalev and without?

Old
03-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
People who are counted on to be game breakers usually are on the ice for 5-on-3 or 4-on-4 open ice situations. They aren't sitting on their ass watching Glen Metropolit and Max Lapierre strut their stuff. He is not counted on to be a game breaker. Far from it. Carbo considers him a spare part.

Old
03-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Andrei scored in the 2 games after his brother got sent down. That's not the issue.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:48 AM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
Ya but Kovalev won't give it to him. Is it really that hard to see the difference between his games with Kovalev and without?
That is such a lame excuse, either a hockey player wants it and goes for it all the time or doesn't. Yeah, he would benefit from not playing with Kovalev and being on the right, but he still doesn't want it all the time and has lots of invisible stretches. I'm sick of his problems being blamed on Kovalev, good players find a way to perform no matter who they play with. I want Andrei to succeed, but we may have to start thinking his game is never going to match his skill-set, he appears heartless more often than not. He's still young, and there's still a lot of room for growth, but man, I just want to see him actually play with some fire all the time.

Old
03-07-2009, 09:50 AM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
People who are counted on to be game breakers usually are on the ice for 5-on-3 or 4-on-4 open ice situations. They aren't sitting on their ass watching Glen Metropolit and Max Lapierre strut their stuff. He is not counted on to be a game breaker. Far from it. Carbo considers him a spare part.
I know what Carbo considers him, I'm talking about what most of the fans on here consider him. A 65 goal scorer if he can just stop having Kovalev weigh him down.

Old
03-07-2009, 09:56 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
That is such a lame excuse, either a hockey player wants it and goes for it all the time or doesn't. Yeah, he would benefit from not playing with Kovalev and being on the right, but he still doesn't want it all the time and has lots of invisible stretches. I'm sick of his problems being blamed on Kovalev, good players find a way to perform no matter who they play with. I want Andrei to succeed, but we may have to start thinking his game is never going to match his skill-set, he appears heartless more often than not. He's still young, and there's still a lot of room for growth, but man, I just want to see him actually play with some fire all the time.
I agree. It's not Kovalev's fault that Andrei does not try. That's just him being lazy, it's his choice.

And for the people who say put him on the RW, how does anyone know where Andrei himself wants to play? Everyone was whining when Carbo put Andrei with Plekanec and Kovalev, yet we find out afterwards that they requested it. How do you know that Andrei didn't come to the NHL and say "well I actually prefer the left side"?

If the guy played like Ovechkin everynight he would get 40 goals a season, he's just that damn talented. But clearly he is a floater who only shows up every now and then. The onus is on Andrei Kostitsyn to get Andrei Kostitsyn going, stop blaming outside forces.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:03 AM
MTL-rules

Get rid of Carbonneau... that will jump start him a lot more than having his brother in MTL...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post

And for the people who say put him on the RW, how does anyone know where Andrei himself wants to play? Everyone was whining when Carbo put Andrei with Plekanec and Kovalev, yet we find out afterwards that they requested it. How do you know that Andrei didn't come to the NHL and say "well I actually prefer the left side"?
We've learned from the Streit, Dandenault, Tanguay etc situations that Carbonneau doesn't take players "preferences" into consideration.

Streit says he wants to play D? Too bad your playing forward
Dandenault wants to play D? Also playing forward
Tanguay has been a LW his entire career? Not on the Montreal Canadiens he's not.

Anyone who doesn't think Andrei is a better hockey player on right wing is a moron. It's really as simple as that.

Old
03-07-2009, 10:07 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
We've learned from the Streit, Dandenault, Tanguay etc situations that Carbonneau doesn't put players "preferences" into consideration.

Streit says he wants to play D? Too bad your playing forward
Dandenault wants to play D? Also playing forward
Tanguay has been a LW his entire career? Not on the Montreal Canadiens he's not.

Anyone who doesn't think Andrei is a better hockey player on right wing is a moron. It's really as simple as that.
Well last year he had a great finish on the LW of the same line. This year he was also great on the LW with Koivu and D'Agostini.

It's a lack of heart, not the difference in shot angles.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Turboflex*

Gainey shoulda traded Andrei for J. Staal before the deadline, now we gotta wait until the summer to unload these russian loafers.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote