HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/7/09 St. Louis @ Florida

Old
03-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Cheli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriBlues2008 View Post
Carlo needs to call up his former Toronto teammates and tell them to beat the Oilers.
It's tough man, the officiating has been crazy. Souray punched a guy in the face after the whistle, and both of them (Souray and the guy who got punched) got matching penalties... Kubina got a slashing call because his stick broke.

And the Leafs are down to 4 defenseman due to injuries. With Kubina in the box it looks like Devereaux (forward who's spent the past 2 years in the minors) is playing defense, one of the other D had 12 seconds of rest and got back on the ice. Not looking good for the Blues on the Edmonton front.

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:21 PM
bluesrules

thanks legace. you blew us this game.

bluesrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:22 PM
MissouriBlues2008

5-3. 2:26 to go. We lost.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

How about the elbow to McDonald's head!!!!!!!!

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TerminatorBlue

DAmn a bad game to lose.

Not to change the subject but Erik Staal has 6 points and it's still the 2nd period.

TerminatorBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:23 PM
MissouriBlues2008

Panther's TV announcer: "And #5 Jackman wasn't back yet. He is gonna hear it from his coach."

Old
Market Street Heroes

vCash: 1125
I'm done defending jackman.
He has proved how worthless he is during this key stretch of games.

Market Street Heroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MissouriBlues2008

Mason pulled

Old
03-07-2009, 08:26 PM
The Russian Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolstamkos View Post
thanks legace. you blew us this game.
Yep Legace sure did

The Russian Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:28 PM
MissouriBlues2008

Ugly.

13 goals given up in 3 games.

Old
03-07-2009, 08:32 PM
woodr0w

I'm happy with Jackman's overall level of play this year, but man...he seems to save his biggest screw-ups for the worst times.

woodr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Cheli

Oilers win.

Old
03-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Cheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
We need to win tonight.
Kings need to beat Minneosta
Philly over Nashville
Toronto over Edmonton
And the Wings over the Jackets.
5-3 Florida
4-3 Kings
4-1 Flyers
4-1 Edmonton
8-2 Columbus

Old
03-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

Time to bring back T-Strach!

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Sorry guys , this team just isn't ready. I am still on the tank bandwagon. Need to finish in the bottom 7 for one of the blue chippers I want. Very tough remaining schedule. And frankly, I don't care what people call me. This will only benefit this team long term.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:21 PM
jmwc95

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodr0w View Post
I'm happy with Jackman's overall level of play this year.
Why? He's -16 for a reason. Don't you have higher expectations?

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Sorry guys , this team just isn't ready. I am still on the tank bandwagon. Need to finish in the bottom 7 for one of the blue chippers I want. Very tough remaining schedule. And frankly, I don't care what people call me. This will only benefit this team long term.
We win, people are on the bandwagon

We lose, people are off the bandwagon

Playoff race experience is still valuable experience for all of our young players. Bottom line is you NEVER go out there to lose, tanking is going to do nothing positive for us long term.

If we want to move up into the Top 5-7 picks, we have more than enough firepower to do that from the 9th-12th spot. We have more than enough prospects (or picks in this draft), where if we feel one player or another is a blue chipper, I think we will be aggressive in trying to get him.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwc95 View Post
I have higher expectations for evidence that he is a bad defender than a **** statistic like +/-

Old
03-07-2009, 09:48 PM
jmwc95

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDismyhero View Post
I have higher expectations for evidence that he is a bad defender than a **** statistic like +/-
Just Tivo all Blues games. You'll have plenty of evidence. Other than that, I can't find you a statistic that will be good enough for you. He's one of the worst defensemen in the league (and only trails behind Brewer on the Blues) at GA/60min at even strength if that means anything to you.

Jackman is the only defenseman on our team that would have the balls to just coast back after turning the puck over like he did. He knows Murray won't bench him.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Robb_K

Quote:

If we want to move up into the Top 5-7 picks, we have more than enough firepower to do that from the 9th-12th spot. We have more than enough prospects (or picks in this draft), where if we feel one player or another is a blue chipper, I think we will be aggressive in trying to get him.
I hope they can pull it off. They should go for broke, trying to parley their quantity of choices and prospects into higher quality.

But, as far as the playoff race goes, I can't help think they could have come away with one decent Top 9 scorer, and one decent backliner, to limit the minutes of some of the weaker defenceman and to boost scoring (strengthen 2 lines).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Just Tivo all Blues games. You'll have plenty of evidence. Other than that, I can't find you a statistic that will be good enough for you. He's one of the worst defensemen in the league (and only trails behind Brewer on the Blues) at GA/60min at even strength if that means anything to he and you.

Jackman is the only defenseman on our team that would have the balls to just coast back after turning the puck over like he did. He knows Murray won't bench him.
While I am a poor college student and dont have a Tivo, I do watch enough Blues hockey to know that Barrett has been probably our most consistent defenseman all year. I think the majority around here would agree with this.

You say you cant find me a statistic that shows how bad it is, than you talk about GA/60 at even strength. I cant even find this statistic online, perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

He has been going up against opposing top lines since Brewer has gone down, and has done a pretty good job. And I question how many of these goals was when Manny was still giving us subpar goaltending? Both of these examples are two easy arguments against these still overly simple defensive metrics.

You say you cant find me a statistic that shows how bad it is, than you talk about GA/60 at even strength. I cant even find this statistic online, perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

And yes, Barrett Jackman and Andy Murray are conspiring to **** the Blues season over...Murray secretly gave him a high five after the goal. Barrett Jackman hates hard work, he is the antithesis of a leader...

Old
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I hope they can pull it off. They should go for broke, trying to parley their quantity of choices and prospects into higher quality.

But, as far as the playoff race goes, I can't help think they could have come away with one decent Top 9 scorer, and one decent backliner, to limit the minutes of some of the weaker defenceman and to boost scoring (strengthen 2 lines).
I agree with your first point, I think this is the year you have to take some risks on draft day.

In your second point, were you talking about trading Tkachuk or trading some of our prospects/picks for players at the deadline?

Old
03-07-2009, 10:39 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Jackman hasn't been playing his best hockey the last handful of games. But through the year he's stepped up, generally.

Blues need to go on another improbable run if they want to get back into spitting range for the play-offs.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:50 PM
woodr0w

Quote:
Seriously? You're gonna throw +/- at me? He's been given tons of responsibility, he's logging the most ice time of anyone on the team, and he's generally played well more often than not. All the naysayers who claimed Jackman was an obsolete dman who could never adjust to the 'new' NHL...he's proven them wrong once and for all this season.

Unfortunately...he's still prone to bad games like this.

woodr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Cheli

Quote:
While I am a poor college student and dont have a Tivo, I do watch enough Blues hockey to know that Barrett has been probably our most consistent defenseman all year. I think the majority around here would agree with this.

He has been going up against opposing top lines since Brewer has gone down, and has done a pretty good job. And I question how many of these goals was when Manny was still giving us subpar goaltending? Both of these examples are two easy arguments against these still overly simple defensive metrics.

And yes, Barrett Jackman and Andy Murray are conspiring to **** the Blues season over...Murray secretly gave him a high five after the goal. Barrett Jackman hates hard work, he is the antithesis of a leader...
I haven't watched enough Blues hockey to comment on Jackman, but behindthenet.ca seems to be a good website for the more obscure stats, like GA/60.

Specifically this might be what he means: http://www.behindthenet.ca/2008/basi...team=STL&pos=D

Pietrangelo is actually #1 but obviously 8 games is a very small sample size, you can set a minimum number of games played.