HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greg Stewart

Old
03-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Fire Brunet*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
You guys are all fighting pro's, maybe you all should go into a career as boxing promoters.

Seriously, all this "middleweight/heavyweight" talk is hot air. WHO IS A "HEAVYWEIGHT"? Boogard, Brashear and Laraque are the only ones I can think of. Chara too I guess.

You need a rough hitter above anything. If Laraque delivered some dominating hits, he wouldn't even have to fight. If stewart can line up a big defenseman (Valabik in this case) and just run him over, Valabik would shut up for the rest of the game.

Who needs just a fighter when you can have a big Chris Neil kinda player? Stewart is smaller than Neil but he could be more effective if he drops em AND checks hard.
Exactly.

But.. uhh.. Stewart is not smaller than Neil, in fact, if he bulkps up he could be bigger.

Stewie is 6'2" 200 lbs and Neil is 6'1" 210 lbs

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:29 PM
thedoor81

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/48257

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/48859

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/49813

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/55249

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/62394

The guy is a good fighter, but he lost against Tanner Glass and BizzNasty, he's just a middleweight. I like Stewart for is checking game, not for is fighting, but I'm glad he's good at it, compared to Kostopoulos.

thedoor81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Iwishihadacup

The thing I love about this guy, is that whenever he passes near another player, he shoves the opponent players

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:12 AM
felixd

O'Byrne should fight more. He totally man-handled Bogosian last night(who is like 6'4' 220). He's been playing much better lately and if he can get his mean streak going he's exactly the kind of player we need on the team.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:15 AM
shiftycanuck
Habby Habitants

the heavyweight is dead in this league, whats wrong with having a smaller guy like stewart as our guy to drop the gloves, look at other teams, Lapperiere, Jansen, Carcillo, Neil, those guys aren't giants, but they do their jobs and compete every night.

shiftycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:50 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus19 View Post
the heavyweight is dead in this league, whats wrong with having a smaller guy like stewart as our guy to drop the gloves, look at other teams, Lapperiere, Jansen, Carcillo, Neil, those guys aren't giants, but they do their jobs and compete every night.
And what do all of those guys have in common? Up until a week ago, each of them served as the tough guy on really lousy hockey teams. Only a trade spared Carcillo from being on a lousy team.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Captain Saku

Stewart is surely making a name for himself in the NHL

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Boulette Cannon

Stewart kind of reminds me of David Clarkson for a reason. I would'nt say he's as good of a fighter, but he's slowly showing he can be real useful to this team.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 02:30 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
Guys, I love Stewart and what he brings to the team, but he is listed at 185 lbs., he can't be expected to fight heavy weights and win consistently, or even draw very often.

We still need a heavy weight.

Check Detroit's performance over the past few years without a heavyweight.

Fighting in the NHL has become a contrived event. Nothing is spontaneous. All fighting has to offer is two heavyweights coming of the bench, agreeing to a fight, slowing removing their equipment and dancing around for a few minutes... never to return to the ice in that game. It is pathetic.

Why do teams pay guys who would have trouble holding down a job as bouncer.

Give me a guy like Stewart any day.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Atleast Stewart might drop with Lucic when the time comes.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Atleast Stewart might drop with Lucic when the time comes.
Pretty sure he'd get mangled by Lucic. But that probably wouldn't stop him.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 04:19 PM
howie44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
Pretty sure he'd get mangled by Lucic. But that probably wouldn't stop him.
Stewart would not get mangled by Lucic in fact i would bet he would win a fight with Lucic.

howie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 04:22 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie44 View Post
Stewart would not get mangled by Lucic in fact i would bet he would win a fight with Lucic.
Stewart would get destroyed.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
Goerges who?

I like BGL, but why do we need him if Stewart will actually fight guys without sending a formal invitation.

He beat O'Brien, he beat Thorburn, he beat McCabe last year. He's a good fighter and he's a future 4th liner for this team, plus much cheaper and NO NTC.

Greg Stewart has a permanent spot on this team as of now, and this is the type of guy we need in the playoffs (I know, "playoffs?")
Because Guys aren't afraid of a lightweight. I'd like to see him fight Chara.

They don't compare. Stewart is in the same league as Kostopoulos.

Btw, the 3 fights you say he won I consider draws.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Stewart would put up a fight, but he wouldn't win. Thats what matters though, we need guys who can leave a mark so he doesn't run around like a headless chicken out there hitting whatevers in his path. Laraque can't do that.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I think some people here satisfied until we have a team composed of 18 heavy weights...

We got Laraque for **** sake!

Stewart is doing a good job, he's brings respect but would get crushed against a guy like Lucic... BGL wouldn't...

What we need is better team, not better fighters...
Except Lucic's too smart to fight a heavy weight who only engages when the other guy has provided a written agreement to fight. I'm against organized goonery anyway. I always thought it was on the ridiculous side, WWF like, with all these codes and premeditated sessions of unmotivated face smashing. All I want is passion, guys sticking up for each other, fighting when needed not because it's their role, but because it has been built into the team concept. The whole team toughness cliche.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Mustafa*

A healty Laraque + Stewart on the line-up would make this team quite threatening.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 05:35 PM
howie44

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
Stewart would get destroyed.
who has lucic fought? if you look at the list of people he fights he only picks people much smaller and he will not fight any top notch fighters. Stewart is a fantastic fighter that can switch left to right and throw for power with most any fighter. Lucic is the most overrated fighter i have ever seen what has he done besides beat tom kostopolous wow so have all 120 people he has fought or komisarek who fought half the fight with one arm as he was hurt and he is not a good fighter to begin with and he went toe to toe with lucic.

Old
03-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Konk

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
O'Byrne should fight more. He totally man-handled Bogosian last night(who is like 6'4' 220). He's been playing much better lately and if he can get his mean streak going he's exactly the kind of player we need on the team.
Zach is actually 6'2'' 200 and not much of a fighter.

Konk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
who has lucic fought? if you look at the list of people he fights he only picks people much smaller and he will not fight any top notch fighters. Stewart is a fantastic fighter that can switch left to right and throw for power with most any fighter. Lucic is the most overrated fighter i have ever seen what has he done besides beat tom kostopolous wow so have all 120 people he has fought or komisarek who fought half the fight with one arm as he was hurt and he is not a good fighter to begin with and he went toe to toe with lucic.
Non, Stewart would get destroyed by Lucic. Even if BGL would beat Lucic, Milan wouldn't look bad, and thats much to say.

Old
03-08-2009, 05:53 PM
howie44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Non, Stewart would get destroyed by Lucic. Even if BGL would beat Lucic, Milan wouldn't look bad, and thats much to say.
and what would you base this on where is the proof of lucic being so tough? there is none he is over rated

Old
03-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
and what would you base this on where is the proof of lucic being so tough? there is none he is over rated

And that's only two, i mean you can't say Stewart as a shot at beating Lucic when Lucic won a fight with Ivanans. I just dont get your point, Stewart hasn't proved anything, he is the overrated fighter here.

I agree that Lucic pick his fights most of the time, but he's still a great fighter.

Old
03-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post

And that's only two, i mean you can't say Stewart as a shot at beating Lucic when Lucic won a fight with Ivanans. I just dont get your point, Stewart hasn't proved anything, he is the overrated fighter here.

I agree that Lucic pick his fights most of the time, but he's still a great fighter.
I ****ing hate people who think that because a player gets the takedown he won the fight. Ivanans nailed Lucic with a couple of good shots, Lucic didn't reach Ivanans with 1... In no way did he win that fight. He is a pretty good fighter, but not a heavyweight just yet. Having said that, he would beat the living **** out of Stewart.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I ****ing hate people who think that because a player gets the takedown he won the fight. Ivanans nailed Lucic with a couple of good shots, Lucic didn't reach Ivanans with 1... In no way did he win that fight. He is a pretty good fighter, but not a heavyweight just yet. Having said that, he would beat the living **** out of Stewart.
You hate me?

Old
03-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

What kind of retarded statements are theses?! Of course Lucic would litteraly kill Stewart on the Ice.

It's like uber-evident. Just look at his fights with others, he pwnt them all.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote