HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit hates the Masked Man

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2009, 11:49 PM
  #1
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!
 
MattTheMask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Detroit hates the Masked Man

This is my first ever thread on here so Im real excited about that. My buddy sent me this link of a Wings blog that was talking about me. A couple of their fans had some choice words for me. I cant figure it out. . . . Why does Detroit hate me so much?

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009...k_rule_an.html

Anyway, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Im always going to rep this city and this team! Go Jackets!


BELIEVE!!!!

MattTheMask is offline  
Old
03-11-2009, 11:59 PM
  #2
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
This is my first ever thread on here so Im real excited about that. My buddy sent me this link of a Wings blog that was talking about me. A couple of their fans had some choice words for me. I cant figure it out. . . . Why does Detroit hate me so much?

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009...k_rule_an.html

Anyway, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Im always going to rep this city and this team! Go Jackets!


BELIEVE!!!!
Big words for those guys behind a screen name. They're probably 120-pound World of Warcraft-loving nerds sopping wet. At least we know who you are. You can take 'em!

Moo is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 12:07 AM
  #3
chaking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
Running up the score in hockey eh?? haha

You can run up the score in college football because one team out of 100 might be a whole lot better than the other... but you can't run up the score in hockey. First of all, how do you try not to score? Just keep getting icing penalties?? I don't get it... just don't shoot!! lol yeah right...


The 2 guys who commented on the article are pretty priceless too... I imagine it's getting pretty tough on those boys up north... you know, getting beat by pretty much every Ohio team these days...

Good to see you on the boards Matt... w00t

chaking is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 12:25 AM
  #4
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,082
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
We got your back.

Timeless Winter is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 12:33 AM
  #5
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Welcome again Matt The Mask (we have several Matts here so you need to pick a special name)....

What you did has had impact beyond your dreams...you gave us a cause and a symbol that trumps the Detroit squid.

I say tomorrow should be Matt the Mask night with the CBJ giving out "Freddy" masks at the door...I'm serious too.

In my mind your mask represents Steve Mason...


Last edited by Robert: 03-12-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Robert is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 12:44 AM
  #6
Rugger Rudy
 
Rugger Rudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Hi Matt, don't let them get to you. Dead Wings fans need to learn that angry and bitter is no way to go through life.

I'm looking at you avatar. Are those the "embellishments" that the equipment guys made to your mask? Sweet!

Rugger Rudy is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 12:45 AM
  #7
Mingo
Registered User
 
Mingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
for the next Detroit game everyone should wear the mask!

Mingo is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 12:46 AM
  #8
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger Rudy View Post
I'm looking at you avatar. Are those the "embellishments" that the equipment guys made to your mask? Sweet!
According to the Light the Lamp blog, it is.

Moo is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 12:49 AM
  #9
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!
 
MattTheMask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger Rudy View Post
Hi Matt, don't let them get to you. Dead Wings fans need to learn that angry and bitter is no way to go through life.

I'm looking at you avatar. Are those the "embellishments" that the equipment guys made to your mask? Sweet!
Yeah they are. It is awesome that the team brought my mask back. I figured I would never see it again. And I was ok with that because I had an extra one. I think we should get Rick Nash to sign it, and then hang in R Bar or Nationwide Arena.

MattTheMask is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 12:55 AM
  #10
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 7,116
vCash: 500
Nice read. O/T, does Dubielewicz have a Blue Jackets mask yet? If not, he should do a painting that resembles the Jason mask. Hell, he should just wear the Jason mask instead.


Last edited by punk_o_holic: 03-12-2009 at 01:03 AM.
punk_o_holic is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 12:58 AM
  #11
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Nice read. O/T, does Dubielewicz have a Blue Jackets mask yet? If not, he should do a painting that resembles the Jason mask. Hell, he should just wear the Jason mask instead.
Man, that actually sounds like a great idea. How awesome would a completely white (or black) mask be??

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 01:04 AM
  #12
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 7,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalMouthPass View Post
Man, that actually sounds like a great idea. How awesome would a completely white (or black) mask be??
I forgot the my bad. But if he wears the Jason mask, it would basically be a old school mask right, no protection behind the head and the side of his head. Dubes would be different.

punk_o_holic is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 01:05 AM
  #13
k1llua
 
k1llua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to k1llua
From one fanbase who gets invaded and harassed by Wings fans to another, thank you.

Think you could throw a live Coyote on the ice for us next time you do it?

k1llua is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 01:06 AM
  #14
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
Yeah they are. It is awesome that the team brought my mask back. I figured I would never see it again. And I was ok with that because I had an extra one. I think we should get Rick Nash to sign it, and then hang in R Bar or Nationwide Arena.
Dude, that is totally awesome! What better way to share a piece of instant CBJ history than to do that? Your idea rocks! We need to find out how to get this done!

Moo is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 01:12 AM
  #15
Bobcat110
Registered User
 
Bobcat110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaking View Post
but you can't run up the score in hockey. First of all, how do you try not to score? Just keep getting icing penalties?? I don't get it... just don't shoot!! lol yeah right...
You trap

Bobcat110 is online now  
Old
03-12-2009, 01:33 AM
  #16
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
We have our new king.


Feicht is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 01:47 AM
  #17
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
Yeah they are. It is awesome that the team brought my mask back. I figured I would never see it again. And I was ok with that because I had an extra one. I think we should get Rick Nash to sign it, and then hang in R Bar or Nationwide Arena.
Matt... (you will get to know me). You tossed a mask on the ice that guys like Cheevers (Boston) used to use.

I'd say Steve Mason and only Steve Mason signs your original mask, Nash can sign the back....lol

I know Rick had the trick but it was a goalie mask you tossed, Nash would love it if Mase had the press.., trust me on this..

Robert is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 01:48 AM
  #18
Mason4Heisman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 192
vCash: 500
Hey Matt, glad to have the legend here. By the way, you may not remember but you taught a few dudes a new version of "Enter Sandman" around 1am at the R Bar after the Boston game.

I was one of those guys, and I was singing it with you. Great new lyrics.

Mason4Heisman is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 01:54 AM
  #19
Hilliardsw55
Johnson!
 
Hilliardsw55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 4,870
vCash: 500
Oh, man...

You're like a celebrity now.

Don't be surprised if you get some TV air time.

MENTION US.

Hilliardsw55 is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 01:59 AM
  #20
futurcorerock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
If anyone gives you hell, tell them that futurcorerock will *** in their eye

futurcorerock is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 02:14 AM
  #21
Gulvorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio St/Cincy/Dayton
Country: United States
Posts: 4,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
Big words for those guys behind a screen name. They're probably 120-pound World of Warcraft-loving nerds sopping wet. At least we know who you are. You can take 'em!
What's wrong with World of Warcraft? That game took 2 years out of my life. Damn you Molten Core, Blackwing Lair,AQ40, Naxxramas, Gruul, Karazhan, Serpentshrine Cavern, Black Temple...

Gulvorn is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 02:37 AM
  #22
Rimers stache
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Paris, FRA
Country: France
Posts: 1,101
vCash: 500
Dude, your more popular then Joe the Plumber, and I think you'll last longer, in this town at least!

Rimers stache is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 02:38 AM
  #23
ColumbusMadCow
Registered User
 
ColumbusMadCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Great article! Matt i commend you for what you did at the joe truly amazing..the best part was you just taunting the user then tossing the mask. I think R-bar should just construct a wax sculpting of you with the jersey and mask and the flag cape...classic.

ColumbusMadCow is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 03:00 AM
  #24
45IsTheMan
 
45IsTheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 45IsTheMan Send a message via Yahoo to 45IsTheMan
Wow, they wanna beat your ***?? Hmm....niiiice, very classy Detroit....

As for you Matt, I think you are just the fan we need man!!! I absolutely love your enthusiasm!! I hope they come here sunday and try to pull some of the same crap, and then Mase comes through and blanks them and we win 5 or 6 to 0. I hate the Dead Wings even more now!!!

45IsTheMan is offline  
Old
03-12-2009, 03:11 AM
  #25
Hilliardsw55
Johnson!
 
Hilliardsw55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 4,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45IsTheMan View Post
Wow, they wanna beat your ***?? Hmm....niiiice, very classy Detroit....

As for you Matt, I think you are just the fan we need man!!! I absolutely love your enthusiasm!! I hope they come here sunday and try to pull some of the same crap, and then Mase comes through and blanks them and we win 5 or 6 to 0. I hate the Dead Wings even more now!!!
Haha, what about that "lady" from Detroit during our last home game against them who flipped off the big screen when the camera went to her?

She received almost as many boos as Thomas did when it took 10 minutes to "fix his helmet".

Hilliardsw55 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.