HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade: Antropov to NYR for a '09 2nd Rd and 10 conditional pick.

Old
03-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Trade: Antropov to NYR for a '09 2nd Rd and 10 conditional pick.

This site has been down all this time, and I am not seeing anything regarding these two trades.

I really like the two trades.

This post will be on Ant.

He is a solid second line winger still in his 20s. A second rounder is a cheap price to pay him. (I am hoping the conditional pick won't be a first or a second rounder.)

He is basically what we were hoping Jessiman would become (except maybe a little softer). Huge Specimen didn't work out, but this is a good replacement. Hope we can re-sign him.

Considering that we started July with no top 2 line wingers (other than the old Naslund who'll be good after next year), I must say that getting the Russian pair (Z and Ant) has been progress.

Now if we could only draft someone who'll be a first line wing!

New Lines I'd like to see:

Naslund - Gomez - Ant
Avery - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Korps - Drury - Callahan
Sjo - Betts - Orr

Lines in 2012-13 years:

Z- Dubi - Ant
Korps - Gomez - ??? (Grachev, Stepan, Future Draftee or signee)
Cally - Anisimov - Sjo
Byers - Betts - Orr

Not particularly strong there. Z-Dubi-Ant would've been an excellent second line, but weak for a first.

If Z-Dubi-Ant and Korps-AA-Cally become our second and third lines, we'll be in really good shape.

Last edited by Beacon: 03-04-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:48 PM
045NYR

i also like the antropov pick-up for a 2nd rounder. hopefully we can resign him after this season.

045NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:48 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

2 excellent trades by you guys.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:49 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Wow the site mustve got hammered into oblivion because this has been down for a long time and there is no threads about the trades. Anyways count me as a fan of both trades. I love bringing in the big body of Antro, and Morris will be that mean nasty physical D-Man who has legitimate talent we have been wanting. All in all I think we are a better team now then we were.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

I'd like to see:

Antropov-Gomez-Zherdev
Dubinsky-Drury-Callahan/Avery
Naslund-Korpikoski-Callahan/Avery

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
Antropov is a Kazakh.

Kazakhstan greatest country in the world.
All other countries are run by little girls

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
TheHotRock

i'm feeling both of this trades, but i've been thinking that with the defense constructed as it is, maybe it would be better if tom was still in charge.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:51 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
So am I guessing that Slats thinks the cup can be ours with Nik? I would have loved to have this guy about 2 or 3 years ago and still playing.

What I don't understand is flipping a 2nd pick in the draft for a rental. I don't think he's the guy that suddenly makes us a contender for the cup. We didn't dump any salary to bring him aboard so I'm really trying to figure out why this trade went down.

Again I'm not really against the trade or anything but I'm confused, was this to maybe try and get him signed before summer so he didn't hit the UFA pool?

LiquidClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:57 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
This has been down all this time, and I am not seeing anything regarding these two trades.

I really like the two trades.

This post will be on Ant.

He is a solid second line winger still in his 20s. A second rounder is a cheap price to pay him. (I am hoping the conditional pick won't be a first or a second rounder.)

Considering that we started July with no top 2 line wingers (other than the old Naslund who'll be good after next year), I must say that getting the Russian pair (Z and Ant) has been progress.

Now if we could only draft someone who'll be a first line wing!

New Lines I'd like to see:

Naslund - Gomez - Ant
Avery - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Korps - Drury - Callahan
Sjo - Betts - Orr

Lines in 2012-13 years:

Z- Dubi - Ant
Korps/Cally - Gomez - ??? (Grachev, Stepan, Future Draftee or signee)
Korps/Cally - Anisimov - Sjo
Byers - Betts - Orr
I don't like either trade. But what are you going to do. Both contracts end at the end of the season. Basically they will have lost a second round pick and Prucha and Dawes for nothing. No picks coming back. Complete waste. Doesn't make the team any better.

Morris and Kalinin cancel each other. That's simple truth. Morris isn't anything more than a name. He won't play any better than Kalinin has these past weeks. And he will not provide much offense.

Antropov... we're all familiar with him. He's big and slow. He shows up in 1 out of every 4 games. Is the antithesis of a Tortorella player. Hopefully he lucks out and manages to find chemistry with one of the lines and can pop in a few goals to help them down the stretch run. Otherwise Tortorella is going to kill this type of guy.

Don't really understand either trade. Maybe somebody will shed some lite on it. Surely they could have dumped Dawes and Prucha while at least bringing back some kind of assets.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:57 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykedout66 View Post
Wow the site mustve got hammered into oblivion because this has been down for a long time and there is no threads about the trades. Anyways count me as a fan of both trades. I love bringing in the big body of Antro, and Morris will be that mean nasty physical D-Man who has legitimate talent we have been wanting. All in all I think we are a better team now then we were.
yup. i just got back on. all the traffic must have casued a catastrophic crash.

anyway. heres my early take.

love the antropov deal. for a 2nd and a cond. seems like a steal for this giant. hes had really decent numbers the last 2 season and has come on of late.

this one i like

the morris thing. not so sure. more like a dump to me. prucha didnt have a spot and he was making too much for a guy who didnt play. dawes- whatever. he did nothing really and he had tons of chances. he was a bargain but had worn out his welcome. and kalinin i actually like tri and thought his game had really improved lately but again at 2 mil not so sure.

morris is a smart dman. gives us another vet player who hopefully brings some physical presence.

the way i see it, for a second, a guy who ant playing, a gut who played but didnbt produce and a dman who was expendable we got

avery
antrpov
morris

i say were better now then we were before today.

offdacrossbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
Antropov is a Kazakh.

Kazakhstan greatest country in the world.
All other countries are run by little girls
Ant is a Russian whose family was moved to Kazakhstan by Stalin. Same for Nabokov.

Real Kazakhs are Oriental.

Old
03-04-2009, 07:53 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I'd like to see:

Antropov-Gomez-Zherdev
Dubinsky-Drury-Callahan/Avery
Naslund-Korpikoski-Callahan/Avery
Callahan should not be in the top six. That's why Antropov was brought in. He either moves to center or RW. Tortorella supposedly likes the Dubinsky/Drury chemistry, so the question becomes, does Antropov play RW with those to, or with Gomez and Naslund, with Z moving back with Dubi and Drury.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:53 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Man, I felt lost without HF on deadline day.

I like both moves. We gave up nothing of future value but a second round pick, and acquired pending UFA's who should help down the stretch.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
yup. i just got back on. all the traffic must have casued a catastrophic crash.

anyway. heres my early take.

love the antropov deal. for a 2nd and a cond. seems like a steal for this giant. hes had really decent numbers the last 2 season and has come on of late.

this one i like

the morris thing. not so sure. more like a dump to me. prucha didnt have a spot and he was making too much for a guy who didnt play. dawes- whatever. he did nothing really and he had tons of chances. he was a bargain but had worn out his welcome. and kalinin i actually like tri and thought his game had really improved lately but again at 2 mil not so sure.

morris is a smart dman. gives us another vet player who hopefully brings some physical presence.

the way i see it, for a second, a guy who ant playing, a gut who played but didnbt produce and a dman who was expendable we got

avery
antrpov
morris

i say were better now then we were before today.
I think a lot of you guys are gonna be very surprised at what Morris will be bringing us. We needed that mean, veteran, nasty D-Man on the back end, and thats what Morris gives us. He provides leadership back there, and has the coveted right handed shot that is a nice plus. I really feel like he is gonna turn out to be a great addition for us.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
We're back! Great trade.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
otto1219

we are a better team tonight then we were this morning, no doubt about it. We were gonna lose all the players except maybe dawes, and the 2nd. Kalinin and prucha were gone. Good trades.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Section311

very happy with this trade....yea I couldn't get on this site all day

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:58 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Don't love or hate this. I don't think Antropov will amount to much here.

03-04-2009, 07:58 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Man, I felt lost without HF on deadline day.

I like both moves. We gave up nothing of future value but a second round pick, and acquired pending UFA's who should help down the stretch.
Yup...we upgrade the top six...balance the lineup...and give up nothing that I was worried about losing, save the 2nd round pick. How soon before someone posts a trade proposal bringing Prucha back...it's going to happen.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

My understanding of what the Rangers Cap is, must have been off. I could have sworn there was no room for Antropov.

Anyway. Sather stole Morris, IMO. I think Antropov should help, as he is a big, grity guy (the type of guy missing from the team).

I wasn't sure how the chemistry would be. But then again, there wasn't much chemistry going on as of late anyway. That's not a slight, just an observation.

All in all, I think Sather took some decent gambles for your team. They are just that, gambles. But I could see how it could work in your favor.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
ThirdEye

I like the moves too. I was reading the posts on the various blogs and fans seem to pretty ambivalent as usual. Split aboutt 50/50 for the most part

To me Dawes is all potential and nothing else. Yes he didn't get that much ice time, but he never played well enough to deserve more. Maybe he'll come around in Phoenix

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Yup...we upgrade the top six...balance the lineup...and give up nothing that I was worried about losing, save the 2nd round pick. How soon before someone posts a trade proposal bringing Prucha back...it's going to happen.
Remember in 2005 when people were having thoughts of Prucha, Dawes, Korps and Jessiman as out top 4 wingers?

Old
Banks3rdLineCenter

At least we won't be a team of mites anymore. Now we have Dubinsky, Cally, Antropov, Avery, and Orr on the wings. That's a gritty group of players.

Drury is now the smallest player on this team.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
OverTheCap

The thing is, if Antropov does well here, the Rangers are going to have a hard time retaining him and resigning Dubi, Z, Cally, etc. We didn't really do much to help the cap situation but we are a better team than we were yesterday.

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Dubinsky-Drury-Antropov
Avery-Korpedo-Callahan
Sjo-Betts-Orr

Those top 3 lines look much better. Keep Voros far, far away from the team and don't play him unless someone gets injured. I still think this team will have trouble getting out of the first round but I'm looking forward to what the new guys can do.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Jyrgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Callahan should not be in the top six. That's why Antropov was brought in. He either moves to center or RW. Tortorella supposedly likes the Dubinsky/Drury chemistry, so the question becomes, does Antropov play RW with those to, or with Gomez and Naslund, with Z moving back with Dubi and Drury.
Guess he will start with
Nδslund-Gomez-Zherdev smoother line
Dubi-Drury-Antropov strong line
Cally-Korpi-Avery gritty line
Sjo-Betts-Orr Pk line

Avery will have an easy start to get settled with the system and as will Antropov (not the first line that is).

Jyrgen is offline   Reply With Quote