HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE (authentic rbk edge - $49.99)

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2009, 12:00 AM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Be careful, I set-up my paypal with my bank account, and immediatly bought a brindy jersey.

I'm so EXCITED!
id probably break the bank if i saw desjardins or primeau authentics with Cs

Old
04-21-2009, 12:17 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Hey, just wanted to chime in here since I saw this thread. I don't really care if you buy the chinese $40 ones or what not, just wanted to comment about nhl.com and having them stitch your replica. Don't do it, they heat press the stuff on, if you buy a replica or "premiere" some good places to go are icejerseys, jerseyexpress, rivercity. They will do pro customisation, IE having the numbering and lettering stitched on like they do with the authentiques. I personally buy my jerseys from jerseyexpress, and they do great. Even though my Sens Volchenkov is an authentique, the stitching and everything is great, and they would do the same stitching on the replica. Just an FYI for people looking at the premiere's.

Last edited by PeterSidorkiewicz: 04-21-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old
04-21-2009, 08:12 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Hey, just wanted to chime in here since I saw this thread. I don't really care if you buy the chinese $40 ones or what not, just wanted to comment about nhl.com and having them stitch your replica. Don't do it, they heat press the stuff on, if you buy a replica or "premiere" some good places to go are icejerseys, jerseyexpress, rivercity. They will do pro customisation, IE having the numbering and lettering stitched on like they do with the authentiques. I personally buy my jerseys from jerseyexpress, and they do great. Even though my Sens Volchenkov is an authentique, the stitching and everything is great, and they would do the same stitching on the replica. Just an FYI for people looking at the premiere's.
Oh yeah man, the NHL.com jerseys look terrible. Not like the stitching even costs much money to do, they just way overcharge people for it.

Old
04-21-2009, 08:38 AM
kungpao

Send a message via MSN to kungpao
my "Premiere" NHL.com Richards jersey had the iron-on and the arm numbers are down by my forearms just below the elbows. HORRIBLE.

Bah, I feel like a noob now. I should've read the thread first before posting lol. consider me another in the list of premiere haters lol.

Old
04-21-2009, 08:42 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungpao View Post
my "Premiere" NHL.com Richards jersey had the iron-on and the arm numbers are down by my forearms just below the elbows. HORRIBLE.
I had a blank Reebok Home customized at a local hockey shop, and the stitching is beautiful. It's almost perfect, except the 18 on the shoulders, one side is about an inch higher then the other, and it bothers the hell out of me. However, the "C", nameplate and numbers just look incredible.

All in all, I still love the jersey.

Old
04-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungpao View Post

Bah, I feel like a noob now. I should've read the thread first before posting lol. consider me another in the list of premiere haters lol.
Yeah, I bought a new jersey this past fall and the new Rbk Edge jersey doesn't seem like it's very good quality. I mean, it's only a replica, but even the old replicas didn't have plastic-feeling, cheap numbers/letters. Huge disappointment. Anyone know if the authentic jerseys are better/stiched on? I would assume they would be, but I also don't want to drop 300 bucks on an assumption.

Old
04-21-2009, 08:53 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodILoveHockey View Post
Yeah, I bought a new jersey this past fall and the new Rbk Edge jersey doesn't seem like it's very good quality. I mean, it's only a replica, but even the old replicas didn't have plastic-feeling, cheap numbers/letters. Huge disappointment. Anyone know if the authentic jerseys are better/stiched on? I would assume they would be, but I also don't want to drop 300 bucks on an assumption.
The authentics are beautiful. Stitched up and everything. Looks like it's right off a players back. And it's $300 bucks, which is ridiculous.

If you want to take a cheaper route, buy a blank and buy the name and number kit and have it done for yourself at a local hockey rink or something.

Good luck.

Last edited by IrishSniper87: 04-21-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old
04-21-2009, 08:58 AM
flountown

I was lucky enough to get my Lupul black jersey the first year, as they hadn't yet figured out they could heat press and still charge $200. So my replica EDGE jersey has sewn on everything and I'm super happy with it.

Also, I imagine the guy at this Columbus just deals in bulk with a place like jersey101.com to purchase the knock-offs...Now that I know there is someone who does I will probably check him out just for the ease of not ordering online.

Old
04-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Hubey1327

Quote:
go to icejerseys. everything they have is stiched on and that includes the replicas. got mine for like 150 . of course i bought it on sale and with a coupon but its like 190 regular

Old
04-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Thanks for the info, gonna check it out.

Old
04-21-2009, 09:29 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
I have an authentic. It's gorgeous. 300 is a lot to spend, but I figure it's a lifetime investment (especially since mine is Richards) and in that context worth it.

Old
04-21-2009, 09:54 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
The authentics are beautiful. Stitched up and everything. Looks like it's right off a players back. And it's $300 bucks, which is ridiculous.

If you want to take a cheaper route, buy a blank and buy the name and number kit and have it done for yourself at a local hockey rink or something.

Good luck.
If you are willing to spend $300, I would personally go the gameworn/game-issued route as long as the name/number on the back doesn't matter to you.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Terence Peterman

This is exciting. Maybe I'll check it out this weekend.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:23 AM
TheDrizzle81

Those of you who want to know where this place is, its off of route 206 right outside of Bordentown. About 5 minutes south of the Turnpike exit.

Old
04-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Next person to Columbus has to find out if the guy will do mail orders. If not, I'm with Irish and hope that whoever goes would do mail orders for the rest of us.
Do they still do Thursdays outside, or just Sundays? Thursdays you could get better deals with the same vendors, although under $50 for a jersey is huge. I grew up with Columbus, my grandmother loved just walking the aisles. And there is no better way to blow your allowance. Baseball cards, shirts, pizza, video games, the place had it all for a 10-year-old.

Old
04-21-2009, 11:09 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Next person to Columbus has to find out if the guy will do mail orders. If not, I'm with Irish and hope that whoever goes would do mail orders for the rest of us.
Do they still do Thursdays outside, or just Sundays? Thursdays you could get better deals with the same vendors, although under $50 for a jersey is huge. I grew up with Columbus, my grandmother loved just walking the aisles. And there is no better way to blow your allowance. Baseball cards, shirts, pizza, video games, the place had it all for a 10-year-old.
Sounds like Drizz is going to be going into business with this guy!

Old
04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Thursday Saturday and Sunday. Sunday is the only day I saw him there. Place still kicks ass.

Kate and als. Chicken Coop. Hell of a dinner.

Old
04-21-2009, 11:13 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Thursday Saturday and Sunday. Sunday is the only day I saw him there. Place still kicks ass.

Kate and als. Chicken Coop. Hell of a dinner.
Yeah, I just googled it, it's 60 miles from my house, it would take over an hour and 15 minutes to get too.

Mail order! Mail order! PayPal!

DO IT!

Old
04-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Three hours for me. But I could pick you up, Irish, on the way. Oh, and they used start at sun-up and go til about 11 a.m. A couple of vendors were there until noon. So it would be early to bed, early to rise, or simply don't go to bed, party all night, shop all morning.

Old
04-21-2009, 11:26 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Three hours for me. But I could pick you up, Irish, on the way. Oh, and they used start at sun-up and go til about 11 a.m. A couple of vendors were there until noon. So it would be early to bed, early to rise, or simply don't go to bed, party all night, shop all morning.
Sun rise until mid afternoon. most people dont leave til after 1-2 pm

Old
04-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Proof the world has changed!

Old
04-21-2009, 11:52 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Proof the world has changed!
Itsbest to get there early just so you dont spend 4 hours looking for a parking space.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:29 AM
IrishSniper87

I have a replica blank that I had fully customized with a name and number kit, and everything is sewn on. I didn't notice it at first, but the numbers on the shoulders are not even close to being even, and the more I look at it, the crazier it drives me.

Is it worth trying to fix it? Or since it's sewn on will it look crappier if I did get it worked on?

This jersey is my baby, but I hate the shoulder number being so far off.

It's not as obvious from the first picture, unless you blow the picture up, but even though the jersey is hanging lopsided in the second to begin with, YOU CAN'T MISS IT.

Last edited by IrishSniper87: 04-22-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old
04-22-2009, 01:33 PM
bobbyacro

My friend knows this guy who he gets $40 "authentic" jerseys from. My friend is in love with his new jersey but its far from authentic, I dont have the heart to tell him though. My wife got me a Home Richards jersey and the thing is so well it wont ever rip, my friends feels flimsy but the guy who sells them sews fight straps on the inside. People are so dumb sometimes, fight straps hahahaha, the ones on this jersey are like 1/2inch wide.

Old
04-22-2009, 01:42 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyacro View Post
My friend knows this guy who he gets $40 "authentic" jerseys from. My friend is in love with his new jersey but its far from authentic, I dont have the heart to tell him though. My wife got me a Home Richards jersey and the thing is so well it wont ever rip, my friends feels flimsy but the guy who sells them sews fight straps on the inside. People are so dumb sometimes, fight straps hahahaha, the ones on this jersey are like 1/2inch wide.
Those premier jerseys look atrocious though. As long as the jersey has the stuff sewn on, it automatically looks 100x better.

I hate the jerseys which are obvious eBay fakes, where the number and name styling is NOT EVEN CLOSE. Oh and the guys who sell the jersey with the tiny tiny "C" on it.

All heat pressed stuff should be destroyed, I can't believe they sell that stuff and expect over $100. It's such a rip-off.

I still want to know if getting the shoulder number removed off my Richie Jersey and moved to match the other side is a good idea. I don't know if it will look ok or look terrible. Anyone have a clue if it's worth trying?

Closed Thread