HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

IF it was KOivu that got hit by moore?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2004, 12:54 AM
  #1
rib71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
IF it was KOivu that got hit by moore?

WOuld you then be all over the mtl player for doing what he did, i saw it happen as i was flipping between that and the habs game, my initial reaction was omg that guy is dirty, buut after thinking about it and listening to the team 990, i ve changed my mind


NEXT TIME NO ONE WILL GO FOR NASY"S HEAD EVEN THOUGH IT WAS LEGAL!!! IF IT HAPPENED TO KOIVU iI D EXPECT THE SAME TO SEND THE A MSG!!!!

PROTECT THE STARS!!!


MOORE TRYED TO MAKE A NAME FOR HIMSELF BY HITTING NASY, SO DONT CRY WHEN IT COMES BACK TO YOU

rib71 is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 12:56 AM
  #2
rib71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
btw bertuzzi can play on my team anyday!!! RIGHT OR WRONG he stuck up for the team!!!!

rib71 is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 12:56 AM
  #3
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,695
vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71
WOuld you then be all over the mtl player for doing what he did, i saw it happen as i was flipping between that and the habs game, my initial reaction was omg that guy is dirty, buut after thinking about it and listening to the team 990, i ve changed my mind


NEXT TIME NO ONE WILL GO FOR NASY"S HEAD EVEN THOUGH IT WAS LEGAL!!! IF IT HAPPENED TO KOIVU iI D EXPECT THE SAME TO SEND THE A MSG!!!!

PROTECT THE STARS!!!


MOORE TRYED TO MAKE A NAME FOR HIMSELF BY HITTING NASY, SO DONT CRY WHEN IT COMES BACK TO YOU
That's a pretty stupid way to look at it....I don't think that Moore was trying to hurt Naslund when he hit him and even if he was do you think he deserved that? You are just as classless as Bertuzzi if you think so...I can't see any way someone can defend what "Big Bad" Todd did tonight.

Tuggy is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:00 AM
  #4
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71
WOuld you then be all over the mtl player for doing what he did, i saw it happen as i was flipping between that and the habs game, my initial reaction was omg that guy is dirty, buut after thinking about it and listening to the team 990, i ve changed my mind


NEXT TIME NO ONE WILL GO FOR NASY"S HEAD EVEN THOUGH IT WAS LEGAL!!! IF IT HAPPENED TO KOIVU iI D EXPECT THE SAME TO SEND THE A MSG!!!!

PROTECT THE STARS!!!


MOORE TRYED TO MAKE A NAME FOR HIMSELF BY HITTING NASY, SO DONT CRY WHEN IT COMES BACK TO YOU

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:01 AM
  #5
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,709
vCash: 500
Well, let's go back to the Mclaren-Zednik hit. We all screamed bloody murder. Would retribution have solved anything? Probably would have lost the series if they would have tried. Bertuzzi's hit didn't send a message other than he has no control. Naslund will be hit again but this time Bert won't be there to do anything about it.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:05 AM
  #6
rib71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
Well, let's go back to the Mclaren-Zednik hit. We all screamed bloody murder. Would retribution have solved anything? Probably would have lost the series if they would have tried. Bertuzzi's hit didn't send a message other than he has no control. Naslund will be hit again but this time Bert won't be there to do anything about it.


how soon you forget !! you remember gilmour attempted knee on varada?
when varada ran theo GILMOUR IS OLD SCHOOL, TODD IS OLD SCHOOL
like DON CHERRY SAYS LET THEM POLICE THEMSELVES!!! and the game will clean it self up no more cheap shots on the stars!!

rib71 is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:06 AM
  #7
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,360
vCash: 500
Oh, I get it. So it's proper for a guy to get his health/career put in jeopardy because he followed through on a check against the other team's superstar (BTW, it was clean in the realm of the rules but following through with headshots is not my idea of what clean checking should be). Wow, y'know if the Habs responded that way to McLaren if they got the chance in the '02 playoffs, I'd call it cheap and dirty as well. There's other ways to get revenge; clean hit, fight, extra-physical play. Bert decides to sucker punch him, then drive his face into the ice and ride him like a horse as unfortunately other people pile on top of him. The punch was bad enough but the face hitting the ice was the real damage here. It may have sent a message but a lengthy suspension for Bertuzzi will send a greater message. It was 8-2 midway through the third; where was the need for it, honestly? This is definitely not an eye for an eye incident. Anyway, I'm just glad the Habs won again playing sloppy, shows we're a much more complete team than we've been in years.

Hab-a-maniac is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:06 AM
  #8
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,695
vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB


Quote from TSN article:

"A pool of blood formed around Moore's head as he lay motionless on the ice. A stretcher was wheeled out and after a delay of nearly 10 minutes the 25-year-old native of Windsor, Ont., was taken off for medical attention. "

That's what hockey's all about right?

Of course I would be pissed if it happened to one of our players but there is a limit and I think Bertuzzi crossed it!

Tuggy is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:08 AM
  #9
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
OH COME ON THIS WAZ FREEK'N SICK.
NOT JUSTIFIED!!
IF YOU THINK THIS IS OLD SCHOOL YOUR MISTAKEN THIS IS PURE S&!T,
if a habs player did this id hate him for the rest of my life !!!
moore's hit on nuslund is questionable, this is horrid.
this is the worst thread ever, have some freek'n respect!

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:08 AM
  #10
rib71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
Well, let's go back to the Mclaren-Zednik hit. We all screamed bloody murder. Would retribution have solved anything? Probably would have lost the series if they would have tried. Bertuzzi's hit didn't send a message other than he has no control. Naslund will be hit again but this time Bert won't be there to do anything about it.

i forgot to mention that brisbois was having a good year until that point!!! HE LOOKED LIKE A PANSY to his teamates for not sticking up, maybe had someting to do with the year he had last year , i do notice this year hes more fiesty!!!!!! hmmmmmmm

rib71 is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:11 AM
  #11
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71
how soon you forget !! you remember gilmour attempted knee on varada?
when varada ran theo GILMOUR IS OLD SCHOOL, TODD IS OLD SCHOOL
like DON CHERRY SAYS LET THEM POLICE THEMSELVES!!! and the game will clean it self up no more cheap shots on the stars!!

I do remember and if Varada had been seriously hurt Gilmour would have been toast for a long time.

Taking cheap shots to stop cheap shots doesn't make sense.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:19 AM
  #12
rib71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
well see how long he sits for.. no more then 5 games!!! MOORE DIDNT want to fight(after the cooke one) but the way the score was and the way he upset them 3 weeks with A clean BLOW TO THE head hit on the best player in the league at the time.
he should of just fought burt in his zone NOW HE DOESNT KNOW WHO HE IS !!! and i guarentte no one will go after nasy!!!!!


burty could of hit one of there star players
but he wanted moore, i assume they were chatting up the ice, todd wanted to go he said no, he got popped,next time you try to open ice our best player in the head, think about it!!!!!

rib71 is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:22 AM
  #13
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,695
vCash: 1484
for those who haven't seen it yet:

http://www.hockey-fights.com/videos...SuckerPunch.wmv

Tuggy is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:22 AM
  #14
Necrophile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
Taking cheap shots to stop cheap shots doesn't make sense.
Agreed. And taking cheap shots to avenge borderline clean hits on stars also doesn't make sense.

What Vancouver should have done is draw an instigator to fight the guy, whether he wanted to face an enforcer or not. Or give him a few crushing but legal hits on the boards.

Necrophile is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:23 AM
  #15
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
if a habs player did this id hate him for the rest of my life !!!
Good thing you never saw Nilan,or Kordic play, or I'm taking it you are not old enough to remember.

Too far? Yes. But Bertuzzi never meant to drive his head into the ice. He hit him from behind, which was cheap.. real cheap. However, the dogpile of players was what really hurt.. I suppose.

Get rid of the instigator, and this would have never happened. If Moore would have apologized for his hit.. this may not have happened...

However.. the players have no respect for each other, nor as a union. There is no unity among any of them, nor has their been since the instigator rule came into play.

An ugly day for hockey, to be sure.

Habs is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:27 AM
  #16
rib71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Good thing you never saw Nilan,or Kordic play, or I'm taking it you are not old enough to remember.

Too far? Yes. But Bertuzzi never meant to drive his head into the ice. He hit him from behind, which was cheap.. real cheap. However, the dogpile of players was what really hurt.. I suppose.

Get rid of the instigator, and this would have never happened. If Moore would have apologized for his hit.. this may not have happened...

However.. the players have no respect for each other, nor as a union. There is no unity among any of them, nor has their been since the instigator rule came into play.

An ugly day for hockey, to be sure.

well said!!!

rib71 is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:29 AM
  #17
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
chris nilan waz a fighter he would never drive an unconcious mans head the the ice, he beat the living snot out of him wether the guy wanted to fight or not, nilan waz an enforcer, burtuzzi is a CHUMP that has to deal with this for the rest of his life.
nobody should try to justify this!

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:31 AM
  #18
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Good thing you never saw Nilan,or Kordic play, or I'm taking it you are not old enough to remember.

Too far? Yes. But Bertuzzi never meant to drive his head into the ice. He hit him from behind, which was cheap.. real cheap. However, the dogpile of players was what really hurt.. I suppose.

Get rid of the instigator, and this would have never happened. If Moore would have apologized for his hit.. this may not have happened
yes i saw nilan play

no excuses for burtuzzi

the instigator rule had nothing to do with this it waz a bloody 9-2 game if you think getting rid of the instigator rule would have stopped this incident thats just crazy!


apologise? man stars are fair game too apologise my A$$, moore tryed to hit naslund naslund tries to move out of the way last second and gets it worse then he should,

so what your saying is moore should apologise to naslund for trying to hit him, thats just stupid!

my respect for nucks fans goes up today but my respect for habs fans go down for making such comments.

yes this is a sad day for hockey


Last edited by #44_delivers: 03-09-2004 at 01:35 AM.
#44_delivers is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:31 AM
  #19
rib71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
chris nilan waz a fighter he would never drive an unconcious mans head the the ice, he beat the living snot out of him wether the guy wanted to fight or not, nilan waz an enforcer, burtuzzi is a CHUMP that has to deal with this for the rest of his life.
nobody should try to justify this!

he didnt know the guy was knocked out ? drive a guy into the ice? he fell on top to stop moore from hitting him, he didnt know he was out cold!!! not justifying anything just saying what i saw!!!

rib71 is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:36 AM
  #20
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,889
vCash: 500
Well, I think that Bertuzzi should simply drop his gloves and beat the ass out of Moore. What he did was a guteless cheap shot. It reminds me of the guy that hit Beukeboom which ended his career.

Clumsyhab is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:37 AM
  #21
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71
he didnt know the guy was knocked out ? drive a guy into the ice? he fell on top to stop moore from hitting him, he didnt know he was out cold!!! not justifying anything just saying what i saw!!!
whacth the replay again there were 100 different ways burtuzzi could have REVENGED moore in a proper fashion.

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:37 AM
  #22
Catala
Registered User
 
Catala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: France
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
i usualy agree with you Van-Hab but not there...

Push him over, get the guy into a fight, put some snow in his face when he's down, check him hard... I'm ok with all the above even when it's limit legal. but knocking out a guy from behind with his glove and fall on him as he hit the ice head first.... i'm sorry, i can't agree there.

I was pissed about the game when Mcsaurley slashed Brashear in the face, and i am pissed right now about what Bertuzzi did. As i recall, Hockey is still a Sport and it should go on that way.

Catala is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:44 AM
  #23
J-D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: the dizzle!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Sucker punching is one of the most ********, gutless and coward act of violence one hockey player can do to another. If Bertuzzi does not get proper suspension time (see rest of season at the very least), I'll be shocked.

Hockey is a contact sport, therefore mildly violent, but we don't want the NHL to be any close of some sort of Slapshot movie/WWE dynamics. If you think this is entertainment well good for you. Last time I checked hockey players do not fight and die for Ceasar to please the crowd, they just play a fricken GAME and people to see them play because they are the best in the world.

J-D is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:49 AM
  #24
dre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
pls don't justify what bertuzzi did. saying no one will hit any star on his team again is not good enough. let's recall

bertuzzi has 1. gave a man a concussion and seriously tried to injure him
2. helped stereotype the NHL as a league played by neanderthals
3. tarnished the canucks organization and his career
4. isolated his fans


can anyone else think of anything else?

dre is offline  
Old
03-09-2004, 01:51 AM
  #25
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,587
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre
pls don't justify what bertuzzi did. saying no one will hit any star on his team again is not good enough. let's recall

bertuzzi has 1. gave a man a concussion and seriously tried to injure him
2. helped stereotype the NHL as a league played by neanderthals
3. tarnished the canucks organization and his career
4. isolated his fans


can anyone else think of anything else?
I'll still take him with my team !!
sure it was really bad for the league, but Bertuzzi is the BEST powerforward in the league.period.

Jeffrey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.