HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Century Will Not Guarantee A Cup

Old
03-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Crazy4canadiens

vCash: 500

With the 2008-2009 season being the 100th season of the beloved Canadiens, we often forget to look outside the box. For most of us, it's been more than a decade before we remember our last Stanley Cup, for the others, they don't remember anything. The only images they've seen with a Montreal Cup are with unfamiliar players, and some who look familiar, but with more hair and better boyish looks.

We've battled through selfish players, through terrible GM's who continued to ravage anything decent we've had. We've gone through tough losses together, and inspiring wins. We saw our captain have his life grabbed by God and toyed with, only to have it given back, with a second chance. We've rebuilt rivalries, we've gotten half of America to remember that there is a team out there from Montreal. We've won back countless fans, call them bandwagonners or not, they're wearing the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge again.

With the 2008-09 season being our 100th season, you can't focus on the season or the players themselves, but the history. Whether you remember the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's or only the 00's, that's what this season represents, our history which has written itself without any help from one person. It's our unity, our fans, our players, our staff, every single person that has contributed to 100 years, whether little or a lot.

As you watch your next Canadiens game, ask yourself one question, "Why am I here? Why do I tune in?", if your answer has nothing to do with the Logo, then you might not be making the right choice at that moment. There is more to Montreal than our hockey team, but if you're not here to support, than there should be something else out there for you. I've told many people from other cities who ask the same question, "What's the deal with hockey in Montreal?", and I have only one simple answer for it. "If you don't live it, you can't understand it".

There are more seasons, this isn't the end of the Montreal Canadiens or the NHL itself, we may or may not win the Cup this year, or the next year, or the next. Of course everyone wants a piece of it, all 29 other teams, but only 1 will get that chance. One line will not win you a cup, one player will not win you a cup, it takes a team, which includes everyone on board, including the fans.

This is my team, and I'll remind them next time I'm at the Bell Centre.

We are the Montreal Canadiens, win or lose. What will history write next?

Crazy4canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Are you trying to tell us that all this time, we've been planning for a parade that might not even occur?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:38 PM
WeezyHabFan

I dont believe you. We got this one in the bag

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

It's not our 100th season, remember?

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges

The 100th year magic will take care of everything, don't worry.

Sadly that's what most of our lineup and our GM seem to think though

Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote