HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game #67 - 03.09.09 | NY Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:00 PM - VS. (HD)

Old
03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
back to back game after an emotional win against boston left us with no legs midway through the 2nd.

carolina has been playing very well of late since cole came back. they are a good team. no reason to freakout that we lost to carloina at home tonite. we played a sound road game really. didnt generate much at even strength .

the pp and averys 2 bad fouls cost us the game.

roszival may have had his worst game in a long time. redden wasnt great either.

i thought freddie and avery looked like the only guys with wheels tonite

move on to nashville

nights like this make me wish we dumped renney much sooner.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Still no excuse for such a poor offensive results.
When you're tired, you can't play as physical, you can't get to the lose pucks as quickly and you can't win the battles along the boards. You can't find the open spaces and thus you lose.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Carolina and Montreal are out of the playoffs. Watch.
Agreed, I think when the dust settles the Habs are Canes will be on the outside looking in. I have:

5) Pens
6) Panthers
7) Rangers
8) Sabres

Setting up a 2-7 Devils v Rangers match up, its fate

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
A goalie needs his team to score at least ONE ****ING GOAL in order to steal a game. Lundqvist would have made no difference.
actually, if hank gets us to ot with some big saves were still in the top 8 and not jumped by carolina in the standings

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Balej20*

Great officiating tonight on top of it all. Totally took the flow away from the game right from the first period when the Rangers came out strong.

I never knew falling down to the ice was a penalty (see Avery's second penalty). I never knew lifting someones stick to strip the puck was a penalty (see Antropov's penalty). I never knew you can get a penalty for being cross checked across the face (see Gomez's second penalty). I never knew it was a penalty to check someone with the puck (see Eaves first penalty). I also never knew the other team can talk an official out of a goal even after the official called it a goal and it was a non-reviewable play (see Zherdev's "goal")

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:44 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Was to be expected after an emotional win yesterday.

The game was over once Carolina scored on the power play to make it 2-0. Come rested on Thursday and lets take care of business then and over the weekend against the Flyers.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Blazephr

The Rosy-Redden pairing needs to be split up.

Killing off the 3 early penalties zapped the Rangers. They were simply gassed the rest of the way. Not enough scoring chances generated. Plus, Ward didn't give up a single rebound the entire game.

More now than ever...Avery is simply a marked man. If he so much as sneeze's the wrong way...he's going to the box.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fletch

a clunker was inevitable. Will be interesting to see if Torts tries to change anything up for the next one.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

pretty bold prediction but i hope youre right...however i think montreal and the rangers will be teeing it up early

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
You realize Hank didnt play cause he has the flu right?
that, i was obviously not aware of, but thats wierd because i heard valley was starting today after yesterdays game in which hank played, maybe hank played sick yesterday

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:46 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Hey what are you going to do. They aren't going to go 18-0 to close out the season. Carolina played a better game once they got the lead.

Cant really blame anybody for this one. Maybe if Rosie doesnt turn the puck over and it stays a 0-0 game thinsg would have worked out differently.

Look, if we beat Nashville and Chicago wins it gets evened out.

One thing that really really made me mad was how the Carolina PA system would still play music after the puck was dropped. That and how the majority of people in the stands were 11 years old. Isnt this a school night?

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:46 PM
segmentation fault

I guess you cant win em all...even though you kinda have to.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
trilobyte

It's fine to say they were gassed, no argument. How come nobody stood in front of Ward to catch their breath? That was missing tonight, sorely.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanktasticVoyage35 View Post
Anyone else feel Zherdev's goal should have been allowed given the circumstances? It's like they realized it after the fact...and after all the Carolina players were whining. The ref called a goal initially not a hand pass. This could have been a much different game...
I would need to look that one up because I would think if it hit goalie on it's way to Zherdev it would count.

If it went straight to Zherdev from Dubi's hand then no, it shouldn't count.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
glees68
la di da di

Send a message via AIM to glees68
Can someone record the post game and post it? Thanks if you can.

glees68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
glees68
la di da di

Send a message via AIM to glees68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
That and how the majority of people in the stands were 11 years old. Isnt this a school night?
What does that have to do with anything? lol

glees68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:49 PM
trilobyte

No reason to think Carolina is not a good bet for the playoffs. Unless Cole or Staal get injured, it's not like they are just going to start stinking it up. Carbonneau just got fired and the Canadiens will probably play very hard for their Messiah (in Habs fan's words) Bob Gainey.
Better beat Nashville, to say the least.

Old
03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

I think this season lives and dies with the home and home against the Flyers. If we get any less than 2 points pack it in. If we come away with 3 or more, then we're contenders.

But still this game really showed just how much this team lacks pure goal scoring skill. Aside from Zherdev and Avery no one else was creating their own chances.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
nyrfan519

It's a frustrating loss, especially since it was against a team in the playoff chase with us, and also because we got shut-out. But there is still plenty of hockey left to be played. We have 15 games left and we're right there. Winning 9 would give us 94 points, which should be enough to get in. 9-6 is a very doable record.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
gravytrain6t

Do you guys realize whenever the camera goes on the cheer leaders it starts really shaking. I was getting a head ache. Almost as if the camera man is not using two hands. Like one hand is holding the camera and the other is probably, idk...in his pocket I guess. He's a real pro. Doesn't need two hands.

Well for the first time we're out of the playoff picture. And being the competition isn't losing, It's going to be real hard to get in. We need our rivals to play each other. Fla and Carolina match ups would be very helpful. Pit and the Flyers or Flyers and Canes...etc...etc..

Besides that we couldn't generate much. I hate when the Rangers play down south. The ice is horrible. Except for Washington. All those penalties just completely screwed us. Whether it was the referees, us, a combination, it doesn't matter. And I really hate games on Versus. I wish they could just show the games on MSG.
Whenever a game is on channel 4 or versus I watch it on mute.

Avery really did have a good game though overall, except he took two bad penalties to make it 4 on 4. That may have resulted in both goals, IDK. I know at least one though. I can see he's busting it.
If I can say who I blame this game and season on, it would lead to a whole different conversation. It's not Renney or Sather either. But I firmly believe one "bleepity bleep bleep bleep" screwed us.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
SgroiBoy*
Lolslanders Fail

We know what we did.

SgroiBoy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Besides that we couldn't generate much. I hate when the Rangers play down south. The ice is horrible. Except for Washington.
Washington has easily the worst ice in the entire NHL. Even their players have come out and petitioned Ted Leonsis to do something about it.

Quote:
The Washington Capitals defeated the Florida Panthers, 3-1, on Saturday night and in the process boosted their Eastern Conference-leading home record to 22-4-1. But after the game, veteran defenseman Tom Poti described the ice as "disgusting" and an "embarrassment," stoking a long simmering debate about the inconsistent condition of the Verizon Center sheet.

"It's why so many guys are hurt with groins," said Poti, who has been sidelined three times for a total of 25 games with groin injuries. "I can't even imagine a guy like Alex Ovechkin on a decent sheet of ice, how many goals he'd get, and a guy like Mike Green as well. You look at the puck, and it's just bouncing and rolling and flipping all over the place."
Carolina is in the middle of the pack in terms of quality around the league. The fact that it was 80 here today certainly played a part, but the ice overall wasn't that bad. There were no puddles or anything on the ice when they did the low scan of it.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Zherdev was incredibly soft tonight. if he still has the flu he probably shouldn't be playing.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 09:11 PM
trilobyte

Geez, how come nobody sees it? They did not go to the net hard. Period. They stayed away. And they did not score.

Old
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
AXN

They where too tired. They should bounce back against Nashville. Lundqvist will be in goal. The schedule did not help here. Not a good place to play here after Boston.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote