HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Radulov

Old
03-14-2009, 02:44 PM
MisterT

vCash: 500
Alexander Radulov

What's the latest on this guy? Is he heading back to the NHL next season now that the KHL have financial issues?

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

The search feature is your friend

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=614950
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=614585

Bottom line is, it is still up in the air.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

He'll have to clear waivers. But I think it's possible.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Scott Hall
The Bad Guy

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to clear waivers, because he is still under contract.

Scott Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
Actually, according to Poile, he does not have to clear waivers to return this season.

But he's almost surely not coming back this season. (Check the first link I provided)

Old
03-14-2009, 03:02 PM
GeoffreyPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
He doesn't have to clear waivers because he signed a contract (That was outside of the NHL) while still under another contract.

He's the property of the Predators (For how long I am not sure of).

GeoffreyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 03:10 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
He would have to clear waivers

why??

he played more then ten games outside of the NHL and that is the second part of the threshold. Nashville did not assign him to the KHL--he went. If nashville has assigned him he would not have needed to clear waivers. It is the second part of the Rexi routs rule.

Radulov has played more then the threshold rule allows and then there for needs to go through waivers.

He was also suspended buy the preds. In violation of his contract. he can not walk back into the preds this year. People forget about the games played clause for oversea play

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkesuks View Post

why??

he played more then ten games outside of the NHL and that is the second part of the threshold. Nashville did not assign him to the KHL--he went. If nashville has assigned him he would not have needed to clear waivers. It is the second part of the Rexi routs rule.

Radulov has played more then the threshold rule allows and then there for needs to go through waivers.

He was also suspended buy the preds. In violation of his contract. he can not walk back into the preds this year. People forget about the games played clause for oversea play
hes doesn't have to clear wavers im sure the gm of Nashville knows the rules here a little bit better then you he still has an nhl contract with Nashville so if he comes back this year next year or even year after hes theirs for one more season unless they trade his rights

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 03:56 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:

why??

after signing in the khl, radulov was suspended by the predators. In order to bring him back, all they need to do is re-instate him. He does not need to clear waivers BECAUSE he wasnt assigned, but left on his own and was suspended for it.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

why??

I am aware of the rules in the CBA, and I thought the same thing you did. But Poile came out and said that he didn't have to clear waivers, and I tend to not question a GM. Probably because the CBA doesn't explicitly have a rule for Radulov's situation (because what he did was illegal), but I'm not exactly sure.

Old
03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

A straight forward reading of the CBA says he would need to clear waivers.

It's possible of course that the league has amended or clarified the rule/situation in non-public documents that he would not need waivers. Wouldn't be shocked if this is the case because it seems reasonable the league would want to encourage suspended players in this situation to return to their NHL teams.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 04:25 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
after signing in the khl, radulov was suspended by the predators. In order to bring him back, all they need to do is re-instate him. He does not need to clear waivers BECAUSE he wasnt assigned, but left on his own and was suspended for it.
that is when the games played rule kicks in.

If he had been assigned to the KHL there would be some flux to the debate. He wasn't. There for the 10 game rule kicks in.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:

If he had been assigned to the KHL there would be some flux to the debate. He wasn't. There for the 10 game rule kicks in.
There is no "10 games played" rule that applies to 13.23 [the part of the CBA that applies here].

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 12:23 PM
kmillzy5

He we be absolute cancer in the locker room. . . . please stay in Russia. . He's like Mr. Crabs. (money, money ,money ,money ,money!) keep folowing the money Radu! . . Its hard to have any respect for a player like that . . .

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno12 View Post
He we be absolute cancer in the locker room. . . . please stay in Russia. . He's like Mr. Crabs. (money, money ,money ,money ,money!) keep folowing the money Radu! . . Its hard to have any respect for a player like that . . .
Yea because no professional player has ever gone after a bigger contract elsewhere...

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 12:45 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Yea because no professional player has ever gone after a bigger contract elsewhere...
I never said he was the only one. . . When you are drafted in the first round of the draft, you are the face of that team. . .and to sign in russia after 2 seasons! what a slap in face to the Predators. .

Old
03-15-2009, 02:55 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Because no 22 year old makes mistakes or has lapses in judgement.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 03:43 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

this has been said in many radulov threads, so i'll keep it short, but put yourself in the shoes of a 20 year old kid who has been away from home for 4 years and has the opportunity to go home, be with his family, and earn more money while doing it. For radulov, it's a no-brainer.

With no transfer agreement in place, everything lined up perfectly for radulov. Add to that the uncertainty around the whole preds franchise at the time he left. This isnt alexei yashin holding out because he wants more money, Radulov actually wanted to go home.

As for his future, i assume the preds would welcome him back with open arms. The decision is radulov's to make.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
I never said he was the only one. . . When you are drafted in the first round of the draft, you are the face of that team. . .and to sign in russia after 2 seasons! what a slap in face to the Predators. .
Didn't Alex Semin do the same with Washington ?!?!? I don't see alot of Caps fans complaining about it today

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 04:46 PM
GeoffreyPaul

Quote:

Daly was on NHL Live a few months ago and said that the Predators would not have to have Radulov clear waivers to bring him back onto the team.

He is under contract to the Predators and willing signed a contract with another organization without an agreement in place with his current team or league.

Daly made it clear that he was the property (NHL wise) of the Predators until at least his current NHL contract expires (And I want to say through any restricted years as well, though I could be mistaken on that).

He has a pretty clear quote in this ESPN article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Another quick quote here:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=386593

Basically, a player doesn't have the right to breach his contract in this manner. And if he so chooses to do so, his current team still holds his NHL rights (Once again, I do not know for how long).

He has a valid contract with the Predators. If an when he decides to return to the NHL, he'll be doing so in Nashville unless they trade his rights.

GeoffreyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 08:03 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Didn't Alex Semin do the same with Washington ?!?!? I don't see alot of Caps fans complaining about it today
yes thats very true. . . .But if Radu comes back to play for Nashville next year, Don't expect a standing ovation when he hits the ice. .

Old
03-16-2009, 01:20 AM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffreyPaul View Post
Daly was on NHL Live a few months ago and said that the Predators would not have to have Radulov clear waivers to bring him back onto the team.

He is under contract to the Predators and willing signed a contract with another organization without an agreement in place with his current team or league.

Daly made it clear that he was the property (NHL wise) of the Predators until at least his current NHL contract expires (And I want to say through any restricted years as well, though I could be mistaken on that).

He has a pretty clear quote in this ESPN article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Another quick quote here:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=386593

Basically, a player doesn't have the right to breach his contract in this manner. And if he so chooses to do so, his current team still holds his NHL rights (Once again, I do not know for how long).

He has a valid contract with the Predators. If an when he decides to return to the NHL, he'll be doing so in Nashville unless they trade his rights.
Those articles are completely irrelevant. No one is denying that Nashville owns his rights and that Radulov owes the remaining year on his ELS deal - however that has absolutely nothing to do with the waiver requirements under Article 13.23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA Article 13.23
13.23 In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside
North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his
Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs)
only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the
Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or
Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim.
By strict reading of 13.23, Radulov would have to clear waivers if he returned to the Predators this season. After the end of the Playoffs, he could return for next season with no waivers being required.

Now (as Mouser pointed out) it is possible that the League has made some ruling concerning the waiver requirement for a player in Radulov's situation - but that would not necessarily be made public.

kdb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Chea*

He's currently sticking a tampon up his butt.

Chea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Tyler Myers

Quote:
leave the computer and go watch some spongebob

he aint avery or emery

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:04 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Taveras View Post
leave the computer and go watch some spongebob

he aint avery or emery
. . . Wow. . . How will I ever recover from that one. .

-btw Professor, its John Tavar'e's.. not Taveras. . . . . Maybe you should stop watching tv, and learn how to spell the highly touted 2009 prospect's last name.?. ?.
Your train has de-railed!

Last edited by kmillzy5: 03-16-2009 at 05:12 PM.