HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Your Finnish WC 2009 Team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2009, 03:41 PM
  #51
gib
Registered User
 
gib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Finland
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeri View Post
Ducks called 7 players (Kontiola and Wirtanen included) from Chops to Ducks´ practise and I don´t know how many they´ll keep there as an substitute-players for the playoffs.

Pihlström - Hytönen - J. Ruutu
[/I]
Kontiola and Wirtanen would chance the center situation from catastrophe to promising. The problem, like Jokeri mentioned, is that they are now with Anaheim. I doupt they are available, but man I would love to see how Wirtanen`s game is developed in AHL. Jalonen knows Wirtanen so he would have good change to center 4th line (Konna would of course be a lock to the team).

Philström: What is the situation with his injury? If he is not injured Nashville might send him to play AHL playoffs.

What is the situation with other AHL guys?
Leino: AHL/NHL playoffs?
Osala: AHL playoffs?
Pesonen: AHL playoffs?
is there other notables?

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 03:57 PM
  #52
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
Kontiola and Wirtanen would chance the center situation from catastrophe to promising. The problem, like Jokeri mentioned, is that they are now with Anaheim. I doupt they are available, but man I would love to see how Wirtanen`s game is developed in AHL. Jalonen knows Wirtanen so he would have good change to center 4th line (Konna would of course be a lock to the team).

Philström: What is the situation with his injury? If he is not injured Nashville might send him to play AHL playoffs.

What is the situation with other AHL guys?
Leino: AHL/NHL playoffs?
Osala: AHL playoffs?
Pesonen: AHL playoffs?
is there other notables?
Leino - Playoffs with Grand Rapids
Osala - Playoffs with Hershey
Pesonen - Playoffs with Wilkes-Barre Scranton
Joensuu - Playoffs with Bridgeport-Sound
Lepisto - Playoffs with Hershey
Laakso - Playoffs with Milwaukee
Lehtonen - Playoffs with Providence

Not much help coming until possibly at the end of the 1st round I guess.


Last edited by ThinMcWhistle: 04-13-2009 at 04:10 PM.
ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 12:51 AM
  #53
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,348
vCash: 500
Bäckström is out with an injury:
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...2009/04/858692

Though Mikko Koivu´s situation is not sure atm... He might come or then not.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 01:29 AM
  #54
Grove
Registered User
 
Grove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Finland
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Goddamnit, the first year I can go watch these games at a bar, and the whole team is going to be crap.

Grove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 04:48 AM
  #55
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,348
vCash: 500
Lydman not coming I wonder what´s the reason?

http://yle.fi/urheilu/tapahtumat/jaa...ia_143351.html

Coming:

Pekka Rinne, Nashville
Karri Rämö, Tampa Bay
Ville Koistinen, Nashville
Niklas Hagman, Toronto
Antti Miettinen, Minnesota
Jarkko Ruutu, Ottawa
Niko Kapanen, Kazan, Russia


Not sure yet:

Anssi Salmela, Teppo Numminen, Sean Bergenheim, Ville Peltonen, Mikko Koivu, Antti Pihlström, Jukka Hentunen.

Not coming:

Niklas Bäckström, Kari Lehtonen, Jere Lehtinen, Toni Lydman.


Last edited by Finnpin: 04-15-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 05:00 AM
  #56
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeri View Post
Lydman not coming

http://yle.fi/urheilu/tapahtumat/jaa...ia_143351.html

Coming:

Pekka Rinne, Nashville
Karri Rämö, Tampa Bay
Ville Koistinen, Nashville
Niklas Hagman, Toronto
Antti Miettinen, Minnesota
Jarkko Ruutu, Ottawa
Niko Kapanen, Kazan, Russia


Not sure yet:

Anssi Salmela, Teppo Numminen, Sean Bergenheim, Ville Peltonen, Mikko Koivu, Antti Pihlström, Jukka Hentunen.

Not coming:

Niklas Bäckström, Kari Lehtonen, Jere Lehtinen, Toni Lydman.
It will be interesting to see what Rinne can do... Hopefully Pihlström and Koivu join the team as well.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 08:12 AM
  #57
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
It will be interesting to see what Rinne can do... Hopefully Pihlström and Koivu join the team as well.
I don't really care about Backstrom not coming, Pekka Rinne is much more exciting to me at this point. I'm sure a goaltending tandem of Rinne/Ramo is more than sufficient.

Lydman not coming is a blow though, he would have been a solid blueline presence.

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 10:15 AM
  #58
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNsKa View Post
I don't really care about Backstrom not coming, Pekka Rinne is much more exciting to me at this point. I'm sure a goaltending tandem of Rinne/Ramo is more than sufficient.

Lydman not coming is a blow though, he would have been a solid blueline presence.
With Lydman any defenseman playing with him would have so much freedom. He would've been a brilliant addition.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 10:59 AM
  #59
gib
Registered User
 
gib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Finland
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
At the moment defense is screaming for stay at home guy. Malmivaara...is there anyone else?

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 11:03 AM
  #60
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
At the moment defense is screaming for stay at home guy. Malmivaara...is there anyone else?
I think "the danger man" Malmivaara is the only option at this point. At 6'7 he adds the size and physical presence that we desperately need on our blue line, especially with midgets like Nummelin and Koistinen back there..

Let's not forget that he is the +/- leader of the SM liiga this season, and a fresh SM liiga champion!

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:37 PM
  #61
Savolainen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
How is the situation with Mikko Koivu?

Savolainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 01:54 AM
  #62
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savolainen View Post
How is the situation with Mikko Koivu?
Nothing new about it... the decision might go till next week.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 10:05 AM
  #63
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Apparently Kalle Kerman may make the team.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/20...35659_jk.shtml

Our projected lineup:

Hagman - N. Kapanen - Miettinen
(Pihlstrom) - Immonen - (Bergenheim)
S. Kapanen - Hyvonen - J. Ruutu
Kerman - (Santala) - Hytonen

Koistinen - Nummelin
Malmivaara - (Salmela)
Niskala - ?

Rinne
Ramo

On the bubble: Numminen, Peltonen, M. Koivu, Hentunen


*Players in brackets are questionable due to possible injuries.



ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 10:14 AM
  #64
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
I wonder why "Silly" Ville Nieminen is not being considered for the team, he had a great season with Tappara notching 41 points in 55 games.


ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 11:13 AM
  #65
gib
Registered User
 
gib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Finland
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNsKa View Post
Apparently Kalle Kerman may make the team.[/I]
I saw some of the Russia game and part of Sweden game and I must say Kerman really was one of the best forwards in those games. Not just point wise, but working hard every shift. He also looked pretty fast compared to other finnish guys. Thumps up for Kerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNsKa View Post
Malmivaara [/I]
In jatkoaika someone wrote that Malmivaara played playoffs with broken rib. I dont know how bad it`s but might affect to his willingness to play.

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 11:32 AM
  #66
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
I saw some of the Russia game and part of Sweden game and I must say Kerman really was one of the best forwards in those games. Not just point wise, but working hard every shift. He also looked pretty fast compared to other finnish guys. Thumps up for Kerman



In jatkoaika someone wrote that Malmivaara played playoffs with broken rib. I dont know how bad it`s but might affect to his willingness to play.
Glad to see that Kerman is a worthwile player.. That's too bad about Malmivaara if true.. I am really hoping to see him play.

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:25 PM
  #67
illone84
Registered User
 
illone84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naucalpan De Juarez
Country: Mexico
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
No Mikko Koivu, Bergenheim, Numminen, Peltonen and Pihlstrom.


Here is team Finland's roster.


Goalies:

Juuso Riksman (Jokerit), Pekka Rinne (Nashville) Karri Rämö (Tampa Bay).

Defense:

Teemu Aalto (Linköping), Topi Jaakola (Södertälje), Ville Koistinen (Nashville), Mikko Lehtonen (Timrå), Janne Niinimaa (Langnau), Janne Niskala (Frölunda), Petteri Nummelin (Lugano) Anssi Salmela (Atlanta).

Forwards:

Juha-Pekka Hytönen (JYP), Jarkko Immonen (JYP), Niko Kapanen (Kazan) Tommi Santala (Kloten), Niklas Hagman (Toronto), Hannes Hyvönen (Minsk), Sami Kapanen (KalPa), Kalle Kerman (Jokerit), Leo Komarov (Pelicans), Antti Miettinen (Minnesota), Tuomas Pihlman (JYP), Mika Pyörälä (Timrå), Jarkko Ruutu (Ottawa) Ville Vahalahti (TPS).

illone84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:47 PM
  #68
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by illone84 View Post
No Mikko Koivu, Bergenheim, Numminen, Peltonen and Pihlstrom.


Here is team Finland's roster.


Goalies:

Juuso Riksman (Jokerit), Pekka Rinne (Nashville) Karri Rämö (Tampa Bay).

Defense:

Teemu Aalto (Linköping), Topi Jaakola (Södertälje), Ville Koistinen (Nashville), Mikko Lehtonen (Timrå), Janne Niinimaa (Langnau), Janne Niskala (Frölunda), Petteri Nummelin (Lugano) Anssi Salmela (Atlanta).

Forwards:

Juha-Pekka Hytönen (JYP), Jarkko Immonen (JYP), Niko Kapanen (Kazan) Tommi Santala (Kloten), Niklas Hagman (Toronto), Hannes Hyvönen (Minsk), Sami Kapanen (KalPa), Kalle Kerman (Jokerit), Leo Komarov (Pelicans), Antti Miettinen (Minnesota), Tuomas Pihlman (JYP), Mika Pyörälä (Timrå), Jarkko Ruutu (Ottawa) Ville Vahalahti (TPS).
Good enough for a bronze?

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:48 PM
  #69
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,431
vCash: 500
[quote=illone84;19151839]No Mikko Koivu, Bergenheim, Numminen, Peltonen and Pihlstrom.

I hope Pierre Macguire will be commentating the games..

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 03:30 PM
  #70
Savolainen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNsKa View Post
Good enough for a bronze?
Don't think so...

Savolainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM
  #71
gib
Registered User
 
gib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Finland
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
Looking good...

Now there is a chance for many guys to step up and show what they can do. Lets see..

So they wont wait for first round drop outs?

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:55 PM
  #72
Grove
Registered User
 
Grove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Finland
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
The medal streak most likely will be coming to an end with this team, but hey what can you do?

Sucks for Jalonen though, he's still good coach. A lot of ignorants will probably be yelling for his head after the games.

Grove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 01:03 AM
  #73
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,850
vCash: 500
Rinne could turn in a hot streak and lead us to the gold.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 05:49 AM
  #74
Savolainen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Hopefully Carolina will not make the 2nd round.
Pitkanen would improve our bad defense soo much and Tuomo Ruutu would be great too.
Don't care about Jussi Jokinen too much but actually he is better than some of the previous players...

Savolainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 06:45 AM
  #75
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savolainen View Post
Hopefully Carolina will not make the 2nd round.
Pitkanen would improve our bad defense soo much and Tuomo Ruutu would be great too.
Don't care about Jussi Jokinen too much but actually he is better than some of the previous players...
In that case Pitkänen will more likely have some kind of "injury" than interest to join the team.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.