HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TFP: Blues #3 prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the Blues #3 prospect?
TJ Oshie 49 89.09%
Phil McRae 0 0%
Lars Eller 6 10.91%
Simon Hjalmarsson 0 0%
Aaron Palushaj 0 0%
Brett Sonne 0 0%
Ian Cole 0 0%
Steve Wagner 0 0%
Jonas Junland 0 0%
Kristoffer Berglund 0 0%
Cade Fairchild 0 0%
Chris Holt 0 0%
Jake Allen 0 0%
Ben Bishop 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-09-2009, 08:13 AM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
TFP: Blues #3 prospect

Patrik Berglund wins the #2 spot.

1) Alex Pietrangelo, D
2) Patrik Berglund, C

kimzey59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:18 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 70
should be a runaway

add Lemty

WalterSobchak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 09:49 AM
BluesFanSTL15

Oshie all the way....Eller/Bishop will be next I think

BluesFanSTL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 10:18 AM
jmwc95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFanSTL15 View Post
Oshie all the way....Eller/Bishop will be next I think

There is no way that Bishop should be higher than Eller, or anywhere near the top 5. Bishop has proved nothing yet at the professional level. He's had a mediocre season at Peoria. Chris Holt has played better this year. Goalies sometimes take a while to develop, so the jury is still out on him, but he is nowhere near NHL ready.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Irish Blues

VOTE: Oshie [though Eller could be acceptable here as well]
ADD: James Livingston

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 10:40 AM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Went with Oshie, add Nigro

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
milieu bluez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwc95 View Post
There is no way that Bishop should be higher than Eller, or anywhere near the top 5. Bishop has proved nothing yet at the professional level. He's had a mediocre season at Peoria. Chris Holt has played better this year. Goalies sometimes take a while to develop, so the jury is still out on him, but he is nowhere near NHL ready.
There is still way too much potential with Bishop to say "there is no way...anywhere near the top 5." Now I will agree because of him having a not so great season and several other people having eye popping seasons might push him down on this list. But make no mistake Bishop is an excellent prospect. Hes a freeken goalie. These guys are always up and down. I still believe he is our goalie of the future. So with that potential he makes my top 6 easy.

milieu bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:21 AM
STL fan in IA

This should be a very short poll. Eller's potential is right there with Bergy, Osh and Perron though. Eller should be next.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:31 AM
jmwc95

Quote:
Originally Posted by milieu bluez View Post
There is still way too much potential with Bishop to say "there is no way...anywhere near the top 5." Now I will agree because of him having a not so great season and several other people having eye popping seasons might push him down on this list. But make no mistake Bishop is an excellent prospect. Hes a freeken goalie. These guys are always up and down. I still believe he is our goalie of the future. So with that potential he makes my top 6 easy.
I think a prospect ranking has a lot to do with probability of success in the NHL and not just potential. There are a lot more "sure things" in the Blues organization than Bishop. He may be the next Blues starting goaltender, and he may be the next Schwarz or Toivonen. You don't know, and that is why he shouldn't be in the top 5. Trust me, I'm not writing him off, but he has a long way to go to convince me he can be a starter in this league. His first full professional season has been disappointing and his ranking should reflect that just like Sonne's excellent season should bump him up in the rankings.

Old
03-09-2009, 12:49 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
This should be a very short poll. Eller's potential is right there with Bergy, Osh and Perron though. Eller should be next.
I don't disagree, but I'd also put out for consideration that Cole's upside is right in this general area as well. People seem to under-rate him because we have Pie and EJ above him on the depth chart; but he'd be the #1 prospect(certainly #1 D prospect) on fully half the teams in the league. He really does have that kind of upside. I'm not saying he's better than Eller because Eller really could be a special player, but the two are certainly right there together.

kimzey59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Irish Blues

I agree, Eller has the potential to be better than Oshie and on the same level as Berglund ... but I'm hesitant to make that jump at the moment.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Overkamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
I agree, Eller has the potential to be better than Oshie and on the same level as Berglund ... but I'm hesitant to make that jump at the moment.
Are we talking about the potential for Eller to be "better than Oshie" on a strictly point total basis or as an overall player?

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
Are we talking about the potential for Eller to be "better than Oshie" on a strictly point total basis or as an overall player?
If Berglund is 2nd, Oshie is third. I would have put them both over Pietrangelo, as they've both proven they are effective in The NHL, and Pietrangelo hasn't. But, I have to go with the rules of this poll. Eller will be next.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Oshie97

I'm right there with you Robb. I hope we get to see Eller in the note next yr but only if he's ready to come over.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
jmwc95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
I'm right there with you Robb. I hope we get to see Eller in the note next yr but only if he's ready to come over.
He'll be over here next year. The only question is whether he'll start the season in Peoria or with the big club. I think he'll start off in Peoria and then get the first call-up when someone (Kariya?) goes down.

Old
03-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

32 votes for Oshie, would be 33 if i could vote.

I'd say Oshie. Eller is next.

Add James Livingston.

Randall Ritchey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 05:26 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
Eller could very well be a better overall player. Now he might not be the ball of energy that Oshie is on the ice but we could very well have another Zetterberg-esque player on our hands with Eller. I don't think his success in the NHL will be instant and it might take him a couple years to prove it, where as Oshie was ready from day one.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote