HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

He finally got it!!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Iwishihadacup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
How many coaches did Koivu got... like 7 ?

It is a whole team problem not only Kovalev.
12 coaches for Kovalev

Old
03-09-2009, 10:51 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
12 coaches for Kovalev
13 for Messier.
10 for Joe Sakic.
10 for Yzerman.

Are you counting the coaches for the 3 times he was traded?

If he was a coach killer you'd expect his numbers to be 2-3 times higher then these "leaders".

Old
03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
13 for Messier.
10 for Joe Sakic.
10 for Yzerman.

Are you counting the coaches for the 3 times he was traded?
you talk about guys who got a long career, Kovalev still have at least 3 or 4 years ahead of him, and probably 2-3 more coaches

Old
03-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Lucius

Quote:
you talk about guys who got a long career, Kovalev still have at least 3 or 4 years ahead of him, and probably 2-3 more coaches
16 seasons.... It is still a fair period of time.

Old
03-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaTaKlIsM View Post
Just to even out what the OP said....

#11 got the 7th coach head in his career! Try to find another captain that had seven different coach while being the captain of his team! Congratulation mister Koivu, you played your little game greatly once again..

PS: no I don't hate koivu..
unless you are counting each of Gainey's interim stints then Koivu is only on coach 5. When Two of those 5 were Tremblay and Therrien it is kind of hard to blame him.

Quote:
12 coaches for Kovalev
interim coaches and coaches from when he was traded do not count.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-10-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old
03-09-2009, 11:21 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
interim coaches and coaches from when he was traded do not count.
That makes too much sense.

Old
03-09-2009, 11:25 PM
madbox

Bergeron was quick to knock and place some blame Koivu and the coaches he's been through as Captain in Montreal on L'antichambre (why I watch, I do not know).... Gagnon was quick to point out Damphousse was still here, etc.
These clowns and their agendas. They need gags.

Old
03-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Stubbs88

this thread is just ridiculous

Old
03-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Arent you tired of trying? A guy with 15 years of experience will have at least 10 coach in his career but becaus it is Kovalev, it was always his fault. Did you really follow Kovalev during his entire career to say that Kovalev WAS the ONLY reason the coach was fired?

Stop trying man, you're digging your own whole.

Just buy a punching bag and put Kovalev face on it and then invite Asterix to your place and you guys have fun punching the bag so you can stop bothering us with your hate on Kovalev. You look like you need attention or something.

And why Kovalev will have 3-4 years ahead of him? Are all GM in the league blind or what? Who would want a lazy, hearthless blablabla player in their line up? They are probably blind like us, real Habs fans, and not seeing what you're seeing.

And why would Kovalev hate Carbo. Carbo gave him the SAME linemates than last year even that most of us know that he should not, so Kovalev is not mad at Carbo because of that. Kovalev has his PP times, Carbo use Kovalev in the PK and double shifts him sometimes so theres no way Kovalev is not satisfied about his time. And both guys said a couple of weeks ago that absolutely had nothing against each other.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-10-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old
03-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
And why would Kovalev hate Carbo. Carbo gave him the SAME linemates than last year even that most of us know that he should not, so Kovalev is not mad at Carbo because of that. Kovalev has his PP times, Carbo use Kovalev in the PK and double shifts him sometimes so theres no way Kovalev is not satisfied about his time. And both guys said a couple of weeks ago that absolutely had nothing against each other.
...because Kovalev is the anti-christ to a certain forum poster you're responding to.

Kostitsyn's consorting with drug dealers? Blame Kovalev for a lack of veteran leadership and whining about it in the media (even though he didn't).

Kostitsyn not scoring? Kovalev hogging the puck.

Carbo getting fired, even though you advocated him getting fired? Kovalev is a coach killer.

No trades at the deadline? Kovalev takes up too much cap space.

I am sure he is also responsible for global warming, I mean he has his own plane...

Old
03-10-2009, 12:02 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
unless you are counting each of Gainey's interim stints then Koivu is only on coach 5. When Two of those 5 were Tremblay and Therrien it is kind of hard to blame him.
And as a raw rookie playing in his first four games in the NHL, it was Koivu that got Jacques Demers fired, not the team missing the playoffs the previous year and then going 0-4 to start 95-96.

SUUUUUUUUUURE.

Old
03-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Skrudland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle View Post
In honour of all this coach-killer talk, I couldn't help but let my age show with a sweet 90's reference. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Kovycount!

Attachment 32517
"Coach-Killer! Better you than me.
Coach-Killer! **** Carbo's philosophy.
Coach-Killer! Morrow's wife is grieving... (**** her)
Coach-Killer! Cause tonight we get even!"

I had to make a lame album cover. Since I don't have Photoshop on this computer, it was a ghetto MSPaint job. I would've changed the text to Kovy Count, but figured I had wasted enough time on this. Kovycount's in the house!!!!
That was well done! It takes me back to a simpler time...

Old
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
#27 got another coach head! Congratulation mister Kovalev, you played your little game greatly once again..
If the only issue regarding Carbo was his relationship with Kovalev and Kovalev's play, Kovalev would have been gone at the deadline, and Carbo would still have a job. There are numerous reasons why Carbo was canned, and his relationship with Kovalev isn't anywhere close to being the prime reason. Just one of many.

Last edited by Psycho Papa Joe: 03-10-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old
03-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
How come this thread is still open?

Old
03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
I saw a few of them (like 3-4) that got fired precisely in his off-years

coincidence? Too easy IMO
Kovalev did not have the stature to get a coach fired until he came to Montreal. In Pittsburgh Jagr was top dog and Lemieux was the owner. If Kovalev did not like the way the team was coached, Kovalev would be the one sent packing. In New York, it was the Mark Messier show. Do you guys honestly think the Rangers got rid of coaches to make Kovalev feel betetr while Messier was on the team?

Old
03-10-2009, 12:54 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Kovalev did not have the stature to get a coach fired until he came to Montreal. In Pittsburgh Jagr was top dog and Lemieux was the owner. If Kovalev did not like the way the team was coached, Kovalev would be the one sent packing. In New York, it was the Mark Messier show. Do you guys honestly think the Rangers got rid of coaches to make Kovalev feel betetr while Messier was on the team?
And now look how far he's come....

Last edited by FrankMTL: 03-10-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old
03-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs88 View Post
this thread is just ridiculous
Agreed.

Pointing the finger towards any one player right now demonstrates a flagrant lack of hockey knowledge imo and a lot of built up bitterness and cinicism. Kovalev, nor anybody else single-handedly got Carbo's head. Hockey is a team sport. The team let the coach down, Carbo lost the team.

At least it's refreshing to see that the vast majority of us disagree with the OP. I think too many people confuse hockey with a reality show where people get voted off and it's always one man/women for himself vs everyone else. It's too bad ppl think that way.

To quote our captain himself:

"Joueurs et entraîneurs sont dans le même bateau. On ne peut pas blâmer uniquement une seule personne. C'est malheureux dans le sport professionnel, mais c'est comme ça. Une personne paie habituellement le prix et c'est l'entraîneur. Il est celui qui doit faire fonctionner l'équipe. Tout le monde ensemble, nous n'avons pas livré la marchandise", a-t-il conclu.

"Players and coaching staff are in the same boat. You cannot blame only one person. It's unfortunate in pro sports but that's the way it is. One person usually pays the price and that is the coach. He is the one that must get the team to work. All of us together did not deliver the merchandise."

(from rds).

Last edited by Jigger77: 03-10-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old
03-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Bialo Czerwoni

I remember the time when I use to come home from high school (2005-2006) and the first thing I did was opening the computer and come here and read people like znk lord chezz psycho papa joe seb_rafter etc.. It was fun coming around here now not so much..

Old
03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
#27 got another coach head! Congratulation mister Kovalev, you played your little game greatly once again..
Yep. Kovalev got the entire team including future free agents and Price to play horribly. He also made sure that the 4th line guys were unhappy and wanted trades. I think he suggested the constant line changes too. To top it off he also told Carbo communication is over-rated.

sneaky guy that Kovalev

Old
03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bialo Czerwoni View Post
I remember the time when I use to come home from high school (2005-2006) and the first thing I did was opening the computer and come here and read people like znk lord chezz psycho papa joe seb_rafter etc.. It was fun coming around here now not so much..
:[

Don't encourage them..

Old
03-10-2009, 05:10 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
:[

Don't encourage them..
Silence! Youre out of your jurisdiction here.

Remember Bialo...the spirit of the Chezz is alive in you. Its up to you to use it wisely.

Closed Thread