HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre McGuire

Old
03-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Pierre McGuire

I was not happy with his comments he made about Bob Gainey today....

is it me or Pierre talks a lot for a guy that failed at the East Coast level as a head coach......and did a terrible job at the NHL level with Hartford....

i know he won a cup as a gopher with Pittsburgh, getting the coffee....but he had Mario, Jaromir, and that coaching staff was top notch....

Pierre makes it look so easy......i hope he gets a coaching gig and makes another fool of himself

Mods you can merge this thread, sorry i had to start a new topic, but Pierre McObvious gets me nervous...

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Gary320

Pierre's opinion changes so damn often anyway. Next week he might say this is the best move we've done.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:06 PM
tiredman

what were his comments?

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Pierre's opinion changes so damn often anyway. Next week he might say this is the best move we've done.
This is why I can't take anything this guy says seriously on league issues. Breaking down a hockey play, ok yeah that's one thing. But his opinions on player/coach movement mean absolutely nothing to me.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Travis Moen

Pierre's opinion change faster than Mario Dumont's.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
what were his comments?
basically he rambled on and on for 15 minutes how "management" has let the team down this year....

and a few weeks ago he was saying if he was GM he would run things way different from how Bob runs things

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:17 PM
MathMan

Methinks Pierre is annoyed that Gainey did not get Jokinen to fix all the Habs' problems.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:23 PM
sampollock

he loves to hear himself blab

and he is bald

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Colt.45Orr

My favourite (Pierre/Montreal) related moment is when he shredded/ripped the Habs for taking Price at the draft --and then acted like he discovered Price during the WJCs later on.

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
m00ks

You know, for some who is generally a positive guy he sure finds a lot of negative things to say about this team's management. Last season, he was all praises for BG, now he's out to crucify his as$. Few topics he can't let go.

-George Laraque signing.
-Latendresse playing in the NHL way too soon. *omg this*
-Departure of Streit and Souray.
-Need of big body down the middle.

All valid points in some respect, granted, but it seems like he's beating the same damn horse day in and day out without rest. Enough already. When he's right you'll never hear the end of "I told you so". When he's wrong, rarely acknowledges it. He ripped on the Price draft as it said it didn't address a need. Few years later, the future of the franchise was laid on the young goalie's shoulders and the future looks bright because of it. Yet he had the balls to call BG shortsighted earlier this afternoon....

Anyweyz, I used to love listening to Pierre but when it comes to the Habs, I think I'll turn on the radio when were on winning streak.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Les Glorieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
I was not happy with his comments he made about Bob Gainey today....

is it me or Pierre talks a lot for a guy that failed at the East Coast level as a head coach......and did a terrible job at the NHL level with Hartford....

i know he won a cup as a gopher with Pittsburgh, getting the coffee....but he had Mario, Jaromir, and that coaching staff was top notch....

Pierre makes it look so easy......i hope he gets a coaching gig and makes another fool of himself

Mods you can merge this thread, sorry i had to start a new topic, but Pierre McObvious gets me nervous...
If I woke up tomorrow with Pierre McGuire as coach or GM of the Montreal Canadiens I woould commit suicide

Les Glorieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

He likes to talk about big sticks too.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
You know, for some who is generally a positive guy he sure finds a lot of negative things to say about this team's management. Last season, he was all praises for BG, now he's out to crucify his as$. Few topics he can't let go.

-George Laraque signing.
-Latendresse playing in the NHL way too soon. *omg this*
-Departure of Streit and Souray.
-Need of big body down the middle.

All valid points in some respect, granted, but it seems like he's beating the same damn horse day in and day out without rest. Enough already. When he's right you'll never hear the end of "I told you so". When he's wrong, rarely acknowledges it. He ripped on the Price draft as it said it didn't address a need. Few years later, the future of the franchise was laid on the young goalie's shoulders and the future looks bright because of it. Yet he had the balls to call BG shortsighted earlier this afternoon....

Anyweyz, I used to love listening to Pierre but when it comes to the Habs, I think I'll turn on the radio when were on winning streak.
He's by all accounts a Habs fan at heart, so it could just be he has more to say when it comes to Montreal.

Dunno, he's pretty consistent. He said clearly on D-Day that he felt Montreal needed to make a move and they failed to do so. Thus, he feels management let the team down.

Agree or not, he's got a pretty consistent line of reasoning here.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:45 AM
emb24*

i swear to God he's petitioning for the GM's position. he's a montrealer, he loves the habs in a weird hypercritical, misguided way and he began his broadcasting career doing the color for habs games for several years on CJAD

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
He likes to talk about long sticks too.
fixed...

just absolutely f'ing creepy... go to 1:40

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
... faster than Carbo's lines...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:15 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
He's by all accounts a Habs fan at heart, so it could just be he has more to say when it comes to Montreal.

Dunno, he's pretty consistent. He said clearly on D-Day that he felt Montreal needed to make a move and they failed to do so. Thus, he feels management let the team down.

Agree or not, he's got a pretty consistent line of reasoning here.
I like Pierre Mcguire I really do. A true insider who knows the game. It's only lately that I find him difficult to listen to. Maybe I have more of a problem with delivery than content. If Gainey isn't doing what he feels should be done, he becomes very vocal about it. He's got a certain idea of how things should be run and he sells it well. But this Bob Gainey witchhunt is almost unbearable.

BG pretty much elevated the standards of this team where dangling in 5th place is considered an epic fail and still he's apparently "let us down" as Pierre would put it. But he can't really use Jokinen (who he believes the Habs should have paid for) in his argument about acquiring need on D-Day since Calgary's been stinking it up the past two games. Habs didn't address a need? Wait we got Schneids. Ya? well we should have gotten him for half the price on waivers even though we couldn't afford him then. Had we done that though, well we should have signed Streit for cheaper. Wtv...[this last paragraph...very poorly written btw]

I get him being a fan. I get he's a very vocal media personality. But all this bashing makes it sound juvenile, almost personal since he's experienced and knowledgeable of the game. "My stick is bigger than yours" type of rants. But it's black and white I guess. Slumps give critics a window to pump a flood of ***** right through.

Last edited by m00ks: 03-10-2009 at 02:25 AM.
m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:17 AM
JrHockeyFan

Pierre is the equivalent of Howie Meeker today. almost cartoon characters

Same manic gushing and constantly acting like he has great insights into the game. It wears thin quickly and you fall asleep or go into a daze when they talk

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I like Pierre Mcguire I really do. A true insider who knows the game. It's only lately that I find him difficult to listen to. Maybe I have more of a problem with delivery than content. If Gainey isn't doing what he feels should be done, he becomes very vocal about it. He's got a certain idea of how things should be run and he sells it well. But this Bob Gainey witchhunt is almost unbearable.

BG pretty much elevated the standards of this team where dangling in 5th place is considered an epic fail and still he's apparently "let us down" as Pierre would put it.

I get him being a fan. I get he's a very vocal media personality. But all this bashing makes it sound juvenile, almost personal since he's experienced and knowledgeable of the game. "My stick is bigger than yours" type of rants. But it's black and white I guess. Slumps give critics a window for a flood of ***** to come through.
I am with you, I also generally enjoy McGuire, but completely disagree with his assessment of Gainey. I was just responding to the accusations that he flip flops.

In this case, he's been pretty consistent in his wrongness.

Pierre, I think, would make a good assistant coach in the NHL. He knows his Xs and Os, but sometimes his player assessment is suspect.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:19 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
basically he rambled on and on for 15 minutes how "management" has let the team down this year....

and a few weeks ago he was saying if he was GM he would run things way different from how Bob runs things

i hope he gets a puck in the head next sunday while he is doing a game for NBC.
Also, at the 2007-2008 NHL Preview show said the Habs would have it real though to stay in the hunt.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:39 AM
Guy Caballero

McGuire's been wrong about the Habs so many times I don't know why anyone listens to what he says.

It took him two years to grudgingly admit that the Huet trade was a good one.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 06:53 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
That's really his problem. He's like any number of Habs fans, with his passionate ideas, his own set of war-horses, and a certain lack of clarity that he might have for other teams. That does not make for the most objective journalism.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
Yeah but do they change as often as Carbo's line combination?

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Le Tricolore
J-E-T-S!

vCash: 152

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 07:15 AM
ranold26
Registered Loser

Pierre's real first name is Regis..... Regis McGuire.
That said, he is a flip-flopping hack.

Last edited by ranold26: 03-10-2009 at 07:21 AM.
ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote