HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-10-09 Thrashers at Avs 7 PM MT

Old
03-10-2009, 06:40 AM
chiavsfan

vCash: 500
3-10-09 Thrashers at Avs 7 PM MT

Budaj in goal

McCormick not expected to play (hurt in fight in Chicago)
Hannan is sick, but is expected to play

If anyone is interested, all (3 pages worth) of my pictures from the game in Chicago on Sunday can be found HERE

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

How the hell did McCormick get hurt in his fight in Chicago?

Mind you I didn't see his tussle with Eager, but against Byuflien he sucker punched him and tackled him.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 11:02 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Shouldn't Versus be all over this monumental tilt?

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 11:58 AM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Wolski has been very quite lately. Hopefully he can break out of his little slump and score tonight.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Elwood Blues

Matt Hendricks has been called up from LEM so hopefully we'll get to see him.

Elwood Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

There's a game tonight huh?

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
There's a game tonight huh?
Yup. Flames vs Jersey, should be a beauty.

Obviously I could care less about this game. Nobody in the organization and coaching staff does, so why should I?

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post

Obviously I could care less about this game. Nobody in the organization and coaching staff does, so why should I?
I think most of the fans seem to agree with you. The board's been dead since the trade deadline.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:58 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
I think most of the fans seem to agree with you. The board's been dead since the trade deadline.
Meh...I imagine most of us are all still here but most likely lurking. There's just not much to say.

Would've been nice to see Ledin called up...I would appreciate seeing him once after all the big hoopla and discussions we had about him last summer. Of course, I understand he's been injured and hasn't really been a big success in the AHL.

Outside of that I've got nothing. Go AVs...whoop-tee-do. Let's win a whole mess of games for pride and get **** in the draft! If the AVs want to play for pride that's fine by me...but next year how about they start doing it in October and November for a change? You know...60 minutes a night...82 games a season? Why wait until now?

That last paragraph was me just feeling blah about Terry Frei's article from the Denver Post on-line: Stretch run for Avs about respect.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post

Dallas rules...you suck!

Old
03-10-2009, 01:53 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Dallas rules...you suck!
I've always liked Dallas even though they weren't brought down from Minny before I up'd and joined the Navy and left Texas. But for some reason when reading your post all I could hear in my brain were the taunts of the Dallas crowd chanting "Belfour's Better!" and the hard metallic clang of Ray Borque's shots hitting the pipes and crossbars in the dying moments of the 1999-2000 series.

You sir, just gave me an unintentional gut-punch...should I put you up as one that believes fighting still has a place in the NHL in my OT thread?

Old
03-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I've always liked Dallas even though they weren't brought down from Minny before I up'd and joined the Navy and left Texas. But for some reason when reading your post all I could hear in my brain were the taunts of the Dallas crowd chanting "Belfour's Better!" and the hard metallic clang of Ray Borque's shots hitting the pipes and crossbars in the dying moments of the 1999-2000 series.

You sir, just gave me an unintentional gut-punch...should I put you up as one that believes fighting still has a place in the NHL in my OT thread?
Maybe it was Dallas that should have been in italics?

Old
03-10-2009, 02:11 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Never saw that show. I was working nights...I remember my wife mentioning it from time to time. There's so much about pop-culture I don't get. I was at sea for all of Seinfeld...still haven't seen a single episode.

Old
03-10-2009, 02:16 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

As much as most of us don't rely on and haven't liked ESPN's Power Rankings over the years...this is the first time I can remember seeing us at 30th.
... but snapping a six-game losing skid doesn't prevent the Avs from falling into the last spot.
Let's get the tank on tonight!

Old
03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

I hope we lose.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Avsboy

This a 4 point, must win game. If we don't win it will be much harder to make it in.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:49 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy12345 View Post
This a 4 point, must win game. If we don't win it will be much harder to make it in.
Make it in to what? The neverland between a solid pick and just missing the playoffs?!

Pride be damned...I almost hope this team loses every last game. I don't want them to show up now and play like they should've in October, November, December, January and February.

Keep on doing what you've been doing AVs. Please just ditch the entire coaching staff after completing the tank and get a cheapish goalie who can stop the first three shots on goals this summer. Make the team tread water for a season or two with a good coach and then spend once bad contracts expire and we have a younger, faster, cheaper and more skilled team that has a snowballs chance in hell at making noise in the playoffs.

[edit...I feel like a punk for saying these kinds of things because there are individual players that I think deserve some credit for what they've done this season...but as a team, and an organization the season has been a complete disgrace. All teams have this type of period...it's called rebuilding. Let's pick the scabs, start the bleeding, acknowledge what is broke and start fixing it for the future...but let's do it this summer after we get a decent pick. No sense in doing it now when it will cost us a good cog in the wheel for the future.]

Last edited by expatriated_texan: 03-10-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Make it in to what? The neverland between a solid pick and just missing the playoffs?!

Pride be damned...I almost hope this team loses every last game. I don't want them to show up now and play like they should've in October, November, December, January and February.

Keep on doing what you've been doing AVs. Please just ditch the entire coaching staff after completing the tank and get a cheapish goalie who can stop the first three shots on goals this summer. Make the team tread water for a season or two with a good coach and then spend once bad contracts expire and we have a younger, faster, cheaper and more skilled team that has a snowballs chance in hell at making noise in the playoffs.
Pretty much this. I'd much rather have a high pick than confidence in the players on the team, why? In most cases I'd be against a tank because it usually takes a few years (2 at the least) to really get the boat turned around. However this team has been stuck in mediocre town for so long that it's time that we either become a playoff contender that has a good shot at the cup, or we tank so that we can become an excellent playoff contender and a threat for the cup in a few years. Right now, we don't have the personnel, nor the prospects that will put us over the top even if we manage to hold onto some semblance of competitiveness. Basically, even if they save their pride this year, barely miss the playoffs...guess what? We're just going to go through this again next year. Think Leafs West.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:12 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
As much as most of us don't rely on and haven't liked ESPN's Power Rankings over the years...this is the first time I can remember seeing us at 30th.
... but snapping a six-game losing skid doesn't prevent the Avs from falling into the last spot.
Hey, if you're going to do something, do it right! ;-)

Not too much interesting in tonight's "tilt". The Avs two best young players aren't really doing much of anything, the goalies still stink....meh.

Maybe I'll ask my wife if we have a closet that needs to be painted or something...

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:

I believe it was "Eddie's Better"...

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I believe it was "Eddie's Better"...
You sir are correct...and we have a winner...You get Theo's stinky barely used glove from the RedWings playoff series last season as a prize! You could probably pay someone $50 bucks to take it off your hands on E-Bay.

Last edited by expatriated_texan: 03-10-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old
03-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

2-game winning streak coming up.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
They're gonna destroy us just like they did last game.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
2-game winning streak coming up.
Yeah, but then a 5 game losing streak.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Here's hoping for an 8-7 Atlanta win!!! It's gonna be a barn-burner! (<- where did this expression come from?)

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote