HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/10 7:30 PM Stars (31-27-8) at Blues (29-28-8)

Old
03-10-2009, 09:16 PM
woodr0w

vCash: 500
Perron and Oshie have been flying all over the ice tonight

woodr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
I would love to see him pummel Ribero (sp) but that is unlikely
Id much rather see Ott's face pounded in

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 09:19 PM
TerminatorBlue

Is there a link to this game?

TerminatorBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 09:21 PM
crackout

Not managed to find a link to tonights game, watching the Caps game instead. Hoping they can do us a favour!

Here's the link for anyone interested in that instead.

crackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 09:21 PM
General Veers

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Michael Bluth at the Blues game!

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:04 PM
STL Fan

Well played game boys!

STL Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Cheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDismyhero View Post
Michael Bluth at the Blues game!
Really? He's awesome. Easily one of my favourite shows.

So this was the ideal result for today:
- Boston beats Columbus (Columbus 2-0)
- Montreal beats Edmonton (Montreal 4-3 OT)
- Washington beats Nashville (Washington 2-1 OT)
- San Jose beats Minnesota (San Jose 5-4 OT)
- and obviously, St. Louis beats Dallas (St. Louis 5-2)

Current standings:

6. Columbus - 67 GP, 34-27-6 -- 74 points
7. Edmonton - 66 GP, 32-27-7 -- 71 points
8. Nashville - 67 GP, 33-29-5 -- 71 points
9. Minnesota - 66 GP, 32-28-6 -- 70 points
10. Dallas - 66 GP, 31-28-8 -- 70 points
11. St. Louis - 66 GP, 30-28-8, 68 points
12. Anaheim - 67 GP, 31-30-6, 68 points
13. LA - 66 GP, 29-28-9, 67 points

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDismyhero View Post
Id much rather see Ott's face pounded in
Wish we had seen both.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Robb_K

Good win. They jumped out ahead and kept the pressure on, instead of wilting (as they had many times). Now they have to rise to the occaision against San Jose and Detroit. Maybe Murray will let "The Kid Line" stay together for awhile. Perron's got to stay hot. Berglund has to get a spurt of energy. Everybody has to play at 110%.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
MissouriBlues2008

I'm back. Great game.
Cards won 5-2
Blues won 5-2

Today is a good day.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Note fan in Big D

I get FS Stars and am watching Stars Live, a post-game show. Craig Ludwig, yes the dude with the huge shin-pads, just said, "The Blues may not have injuries like The Stars, but they play hard." His fellow studio anchor, during intermissions, kept talking about The Stars' injuries, without even mentioning The Blues woes. Both of them can shut up! I saw a stat the last time these teams played showing St. Louis having missed twice as many man games as Dallas.

As for the game itself, I was very impressed, like many of you, with our young guns. It's too bad Perron couldn't net the hat trick! Andy McDonald needs to assert himself more! How affective has he been of late?

P.S., I love it when that bum Turco gets yanked!

Last edited by Note fan in Big D: 03-10-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Note fan in Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Note fan in Big D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriBlues2008 View Post
I'm back. Great game.
Cards won 5-2
Blues won 5-2

Today is a good day.
Sorry to get off topic, but today is a good day besides The Rams releasing Orlando Pace. Could they not trade him? I attend Texas Tech and am pissed with this news, as it looks like St. Louis will now opt to not draft the b.a.m.f. that is Michael Crabtree. I can't believe a BAYLOR tackle, in Jason Smith, will likely go ahead of him. Big mistake! However, if The Rams draft a tackle, AND somehow land one of: Jeremy Maclin/Darrius Heyward-Bey/Mark Sanchez, I'll stop complaining.

Last edited by Note fan in Big D: 03-10-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Note fan in Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Market Street Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Note fan in Big D View Post
I get FS Stars and am watching Stars Live. Craig Ludwig, yes the dude with the huge shin-pads, just said, "The Blues may not have injuries like The Stars, but they play hard." His fellow studio anchor, during intermissions, kept talking about The Stars' injuries, without even mentioning The Blues woes. Both of them can shut up! I saw a stat the last time these teams played showing St. Louis having missed twice as many man games as Dallas.

As for the game itself, I was very impressed, like many of you, with our young guns. It's too bad Perron couldn't net the hat trick! Andy McDonald needs to assert himself more! How affective has he been of late?

P.S., I love it when that bum Turco gets yanked!
I'm surprised they even knew Dallas had a hockey team.

Market Street Heroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Oshie97

Great game by our guys. Oshie, Perron, and Backes dominated tonight. Hope we can keep this momentum for Thursdays game.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Veers View Post
That's why I don't understand your dislike for Janssen. It's a loose cannon like him that might keep teams from decking Perron one day.
Because I think DJ King is a much much better choice for protection. Janssen is very much prone to stupidity with penalties. King on the otherhand was often the smarter player. Janssen's fights are entertaining, but some of King's beatdowns were brutal. I'd rather have King watching Perron's back.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:07 AM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Because I think DJ King is a much much better choice for protection. Janssen is very much prone to stupidity with penalties. King on the otherhand was often the smarter player. Janssen's fights are entertaining, but some of King's beatdowns were brutal. I'd rather have King watching Perron's back.
You'll have to wait until next year, unfortunately.

Old
03-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Veers View Post
You'll have to wait until next year, unfortunately.

I know. And at that time I can't really see how Janssen cracks the lineup with any regularity. He'd probably be in Hinote's place...in the pressbox.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Because I think DJ King is a much much better choice for protection. Janssen is very much prone to stupidity with penalties. King on the other hand was often the smarter player. Janssen's fights are entertaining, but some of King's beatdowns were brutal. I'd rather have King watching Perron's back.
I hope DJ can come back all the way from his injury. I hope his shoulder won't keep him from being able to fight unincumbered (go full bore). Next season, with added scorers, there won't likely be room for both DJ and Cam on the roster. If I had to make a choice, I'd want DJ.

Old
03-11-2009, 01:07 AM
General Veers

Quote:
I know. And at that time I can't really see how Janssen cracks the lineup with any regularity. He'd probably be in Hinote's place...in the pressbox.
That's why I've got him in one of the spare F slots on the "Build your 09-10 forwards" thread. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, they're both arb. eligible RFA's, too.

Old
03-11-2009, 01:27 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Good win. They jumped out ahead and kept the pressure on, instead of wilting (as they had many times). Now they have to rise to the occaision against San Jose and Detroit. Maybe Murray will let "The Kid Line" stay together for awhile. Perron's got to stay hot. Berglund has to get a spurt of energy. Everybody has to play at 110%.
This is why I don't understand Murray. He will demote Berglund and Perron for not being defensively responsible and lacking energy, but it seems to me that they play their best when they are playing on a line with Oshie.

Frankly, I feel the whole team plays with an extra jump in their step when Oshie is in the line-up, especially whoever is on the ice with him.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 01:52 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
This is why I don't understand Murray. He will demote Berglund and Perron for not being defensively responsible and lacking energy, but it seems to me that they play their best when they are playing on a line with Oshie.

Frankly, I feel the whole team plays with an extra jump in their step when Oshie is in the line-up, especially whoever is on the ice with him.
There's a difference between demotion and picking spots. I usually want to see Perron with more icetime, I agree with that. However, tonight is the first night that Berglund hasn't looked like a complete ghost for a while.
It's not uncommon that restricted icetime, especially for youngsters, actually makes their performance better because they're deployed with optimal match-ups.

It's easy to criticize a coach when you have no comparison. Perron has shown such energy lately, if he had been logging 17+ minutes all year, maybe they'd have no more wins and he would have hit a wall like Berglund did.

Oshie and Polak get plenty of icetime. I don't think there's any conspiracy against youngsters. As skilled as Perron is, I don't think you can say he's been as good as Oshie has been since Oshie returned from injury. So there's a clear performance = icetime system going on. Being a bit stricter on the two youngest players on the team makes perfect sense to keep them from developing bad habits or hurting their morale by forcing them into sub-optimal situations. Is Murray perfect at that? Probably not. But he seems to be good at it at least. I see no evidence that any other coach would do any different or any better.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
There's a difference between demotion and picking spots. I usually want to see Perron with more icetime, I agree with that. However, tonight is the first night that Berglund hasn't looked like a complete ghost for a while.
It's not uncommon that restricted icetime, especially for youngsters, actually makes their performance better because they're deployed with optimal match-ups.

It's easy to criticize a coach when you have no comparison. Perron has shown such energy lately, if he had been logging 17+ minutes all year, maybe they'd have no more wins and he would have hit a wall like Berglund did.

Oshie and Polak get plenty of icetime. I don't think there's any conspiracy against youngsters. As skilled as Perron is, I don't think you can say he's been as good as Oshie has been since Oshie returned from injury. So there's a clear performance = icetime system going on. Being a bit stricter on the two youngest players on the team makes perfect sense to keep them from developing bad habits or hurting their morale by forcing them into sub-optimal situations. Is Murray perfect at that? Probably not. But he seems to be good at it at least. I see no evidence that any other coach would do any different or any better.
I don't mind Murray being strict with the young players when they make mental errors, or play poorly. But I hate when he changes lines even when they are going well, seemingly just for the sake of mixing it up. Maybe it's part of a scheme to make all the forwards interchangeable and tougher to defend by opponents. But it may have cost a few badly needed wins. I would let linemates learn eachb other's tendencies more than he has, by playing together a lot more if they click.

I certainly was a much better offensive and defensive forward after knowing my linemates better.

But, maybe all of his linechanging will pay off next season, with most of the forwards knowing each other, and being fairly interchangeable when injuries strike, or when farmhands are ready to graduate to the big club.