HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Harding

Old
03-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Rick Deckard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
When offering an 'offer sheet' to RFA's, here's the compensation you're looking at...

Amount Compensation Due
$863,156 - less None
$863,156 - $1,307,812 3rd round pick
$1,307,812 - $2,615,625 2nd round pick
$2,615,623 - $3,923,437 1st and 3rd round pick
$3,923,437 - $5,231,249 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick
$5,231,249 - $6,539,062 Two 1st's, one 2nd, one 3rd round pick
$6,539,062 - more Four 1st round picks
Just for the record, these are the old numbers for the last offseason, they will be different in the upcoming offseason as they are directly tied to the salary cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
If the Wild do not trade Harding, I really wouldn't mind seeing the Flyers make a significant offer in that 2nd round pick range. Minnesota paying $2.6M for a backup would be a real strain on them, while he would be the starter in Philly.
As Storm already said, you need your own picks in the next draft to make an offer sheet. In this specific case we need our 2nd round pick 2010, we don't own that (to LA with Gauthier).

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 03:29 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Not sold on Harding. If we are going the unproven route I'd rather have Schneider.
what makes Schneider more proven then Harding?
All Schneider has proved he can dominate the AHL.

I would think the Flyers want to see what Biron is going to want first.
If he is looking at Huet type money it is time to move on.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 03:33 AM
CruzanXdeVs

Send a message via AIM to CruzanXdeVs
why would i stop it was widely rumored that you guys offered VrD to the thrashers for Lehts so i would be going by the premise that your GM thinks he is expendable

CruzanXdeVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 03:38 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzanXdeVs View Post
why would i stop it was widely rumored that you guys offered VrD to the thrashers for Lehts so i would be going by the premise that your GM thinks he is expendable
James van Riemsdyk

Old
03-11-2009, 03:39 AM
CruzanXdeVs

yea i know his name. make a point.

Old
03-11-2009, 03:42 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
... VanrymsDyke ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
James van Riemsdyk
point made

Old
03-11-2009, 03:45 AM
CruzanXdeVs

right good point so i cant spell the guys name..wow you are either a genius or the captain of pointing out the obvious. We Salute You. Point made.

Old
03-11-2009, 04:34 AM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post

if they bring back Biron they are absolute idiots, Nitty can do the same job for less. So either keep Nitty and find a young guy like Schneider he can split time with or make a trade for Lehtonen or someone and have him be your starter

Biron sucks and he's not worth the cheap starting goalie salary he's being paid even now.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 08:25 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

[QUOTE=Opus;18453182]When offering an 'offer sheet' to RFA's, here's the compensation you're looking at...

They won't sign him to an offer sheet. For him to sign, the compensation would have to include a 2nd round pick, to which we have none.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Hahaha so JVR, Briere and Nitty for Marty Turco? Who's having a miserable year, and isn't really an upgrade at all!

Where do I sign up?

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Opus
Boondoggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
Just for the record, these are the old numbers for the last offseason, they will be different in the upcoming offseason as they are directly tied to the salary cap.

As Storm already said, you need your own picks in the next draft to make an offer sheet. In this specific case we need our 2nd round pick 2010, we don't own that (to LA with Gauthier).
Yeah, I just posted the numbers that I found on the net. From last season, but it still gives other posters an idea.

As for giving him an offer sheet, I have no interest in that way of aquiring players. I know it's allowed, but I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
They won't sign him to an offer sheet. For him to sign, the compensation would have to include a 2nd round pick, to which we have none.
Yep, this is true. As I mentioned above, I wouldn't go this route anyways.

We don't have a 2nd the following year either, so forget about a Halak thread then, lol.

This is who I would take a stab at...

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 11:44 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Yeah, I just posted the numbers that I found on the net. From last season, but it still gives other posters an idea.

As for giving him an offer sheet, I have no interest in that way of aquiring players. I know it's allowed, but I don't like it.

We don't have a 2nd the following year either, so forget about a Halak thread then, lol.

I like that kid... But as we saw from Fabstrom (wow spelling...) these players overseas that dont get drafted are ussually very hard to know. He is playing very well though. That would be sick if we get him, but my feeling is Homer isnt interested...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:08 PM
27roenick97

Quote:

holy lateral movement batman...

27roenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 01:23 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by billandsebastian View Post
See, the thing is that the goalie who got us to the ECF was a backup who never played long stretches in the NHL because he was behind Hasek and Miller. We'd just be getting a younger one with more potential upside.

I like Marty plenty, but he's certainly not a long-term solution. Harding might not be either, but its definitely a consideration.
Biron played three seasons in Buffalo where he carried the load. 72 games played in '01-'02, 54 games in '02-'03 and 52 games in '03-'04. He has proven he can handle the duties of being a starter

Josh Harding has proven nothing. Flyers' fans love to complain about their goaltenders; there's always someone better. While there is currently no Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur wearing orange and black, I would rather stick with capable Biron than take a chance with an unproven goaltender.

If Harding comes in and falters, we'll have the same discussion all over again. The Flyers are close to having all the right pieces to make a Cup run. I don't want to see them take a step back by taking a chance on a goalie who has never played 30 games in an NHL season.

The only reason I wouldn't want Marty back is if he asks for too much money. It's certainly possible he could do so this summer, especially if the Flyers make another deep run, but there's no rational reason to prefer Josh Harding over Martin Biron.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
If the flyers could move some of their more higher payed players like a briere i would think that a Kari Lehtonen would be an awesome fit on your team. Hes a legit good goalie stuck on a crap team. But he knows how to win games and his save percentage is always at least .912 on a really talented young flyers team i think he would excel and probably be the second best goalie in the division and make a push for an all star caliber year next season. get kari.
Lehtonen...2nd best goalie in OUR division? Theres not a chance in hell Lehtonen will ever be as good as Brodeur or Lundqvist. Hes not even as good and IMO wont be as good as Fleury.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
if they bring back Biron they are absolute idiots, Nitty can do the same job for less. So either keep Nitty and find a young guy like Schneider he can split time with or make a trade for Lehtonen or someone and have him be your starter

Biron sucks and he's not worth the cheap starting goalie salary he's being paid even now.
Please, we have been thru this a million ****ing times. Niittymaki is not a starting goaltender. Do we need to go through the reasons why Niittymaki isnt a starter again?
But I bet you think if we had Niittymaki in goal last year in the playoffs, we would have beat Pittsburgh and gone to the Cup too right? Niittymaki hasnt given up a goal that was his fault too right?
I am not saying Biron is worth 5 million or more, for the right price I wouldnt mind having Biron back. Let Niittymaki walk somewhere else if he thinks can be a starting goaltender.

Old
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:

Any goalie with lateral movement like that who can look like he's in control of his body as opposed to flailing desperately is welcome on my team.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

Attn: Paul Holmgren...

Please and thank you.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 02:56 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

well Gustavsson is going to be 25 this October. Just curious what his contract status is with his current team. He seems to be pretty good from what I have seen in the youtube videos.
I wonder if we would sign a 2 way deal like Ersberg did with LA.

according to hockeydb.com he is 6 foot 3 and weighs 181. Sign him and feed him some cheesesteaks already

Old
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
well Gustavsson is going to be 25 this October. Just curious what his contract status is with his current team. He seems to be pretty good from what I have seen in the youtube videos.
I wonder if we would sign a 2 way deal like Ersberg did with LA.

according to hockeydb.com he is 6 foot 3 and weighs 181. Sign him and feed him some cheesesteaks already
He has to and we have to, his first contract has to be an entry-level-contract and ELCs are always two-way-contracts.

Old
03-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Umm harding has played a lot more games than Schneider and has played some GREAT games this year. Id love to have Harding.
Yeah, I know he has played more, but I can't help but wonder if he is a product of the system. It's not like he has been winning many games/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver surfer View Post
Agreed. What about Pogge?

(if we're going the unproven route)
I don't think Pogge will be a #1 in this league.

Quote:

I didn't say he was more proven. In my eyes they are both unproven. Harding has more experience, but he is unproven as a starter and we don't know if he is a product of his system. I just happen to think Schneider is legit.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 06:42 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Yeah, I know he has played more, but I can't help but wonder if he is a product of the system. It's not like he has been winning many games/.

I don't think Pogge will be a #1 in this league.

I didn't say he was more proven. In my eyes they are both unproven. Harding has more experience, but he is unproven as a starter and we don't know if he is a product of his system. I just happen to think Schneider is legit.
obviously the system helps any goalie in Minny, but he has talent, and that has shown when Minny's system has faltered. I havent seen him a lot but that game against the Hawks (that they lost) he was just stupid good. They will both start winning more when Gabby gets back, thats a goal and half more a game...

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Lehtonen...2nd best goalie in OUR division? Theres not a chance in hell Lehtonen will ever be as good as Brodeur or Lundqvist. Hes not even as good and IMO wont be as good as Fleury.
Lehtonen is better than Fleury and is about as good as Lundqvist. If he was playing on a team with a decent defense, he wouldn't be as underrated as he is by people on these boards that don't watch him play.

That being said... the door has closed on Lehtonen. He may have been available earlier in the season, but his stock has certainly rose now that he has found his consistency. If the Flyers talk to Atlanta about acquiring a goalie, that goalie will be Pavelec.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Prongo
Beer

The one thing that turns me off about lehtonen is his asking price. He makes 3 mil a year now and is gonna be expecting a raise, especially with his good play as of late. I wouldnt mind throwing Mike Smith money at Harding and seeing if he can carry the load. Also with the salary cap due to take a significant drop in 10-11 season trading lupul for Harding would be nice for our cap room. Then if Harding proves hes a true starter in this league the cap could be on the rise again and the Flyers would have room to sign him to a better deal. Ive also watched Harding on the nhl center ice package and he can flat out play. Just has some troubles with his rebounding, but what goalie doesn't. Just no support from the team in front of him.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 07:44 PM
CruzanXdeVs

Okay first off Lundquivst is the most over rated goalie ever. its just his giant over sized pads that you see sort of like giguere put their pics next to each other and compare. Lehtonen would clearly on a good flyers squad be the second best goalie in the division. Look at lehtonens numbers on a bad atlanta team his save percentage year in and year out is pretty good. now put him on a team where the GM actually knows what he is doing and i think it would be quite compelling. Also if you have watched any dallas stars games this year the ONLY reason they are even in the race is because Turco put them on his back and carried them and had to play out of his mind just to win a game. IF NOT for Turco the Stars would be battling the Islanders and Lightning for the worst in the NHL and the race for Tavares. But hey i am a devils fan so keep the crappy goalies you have now i dont care either way.