HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Good bar in Boston/Cambridge for Bruins games?

Old
03-11-2009, 10:49 AM
gobruins14

vCash: 500
Personally, I think the best pre-game affordable experience is Half-Time Pizza right across from the Garden. Cheap, huge beers...awesome pizza...hockey fights on the TVs... You can't beat it!

gobruins14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Fredi28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobruins14 View Post
Personally, I think the best pre-game affordable experience is Half-Time Pizza right across from the Garden. Cheap, huge beers...awesome pizza...hockey fights on the TVs... You can't beat it!
This has been my go-to all year. Solid Pizza, can't beat the giant beers for the same price as one inside the garden.

Fredi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:07 PM
CamTheMan

This may be a bit OT but i remeber seeing a bar on a show called Man vs Food on the Travel channel that was located in Boston and it claimed to have some of the hottest foods in the US. Like wings and pasta etc...Does anybody know wht im talking about or does a place like this ring any bells?

CamTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:14 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoomin8 View Post
This may be a bit OT but i remeber seeing a bar on a show called Man vs Food on the Travel channel that was located in Boston and it claimed to have some of the hottest foods in the US. Like wings and pasta etc...Does anybody know wht im talking about or does a place like this ring any bells?
Pretty sure that was East Coast Grill in Cambridge.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:28 PM
expat burns

Can't believe nobody's mentioned McGann's. Great burger and fast kitchen, if you're there before the game. But kitchen closes when the puck drops so from there on out it's all beer.

expat burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat burns View Post
Can't believe nobody's mentioned McGann's. Great burger and fast kitchen, if you're there before the game. But kitchen closes when the puck drops so from there on out it's all beer.
I'm a huge fan of McGann's but find that it's sometimes the "visitor's bar". I went there with friends after the Rangers game a few weeks back, and within a half-hour or so it seemed that Blue shirts outnumbered Black & Gold shirts.

But they have a great selection of beers, and most of the people that work there are nice. (Not as nice as Wicked Bruins Girl, obviously, but nice nonetheless!)

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
CamTheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Pretty sure that was East Coast Grill in Cambridge.
Thats exactly what it was. Thank you. How long of a cab ride is that from TDBN?

CamTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 03:17 PM
mjd877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgood_38 View Post
Driving home through Brighton Center yesterday I saw a bar called Joey's that had a Bruins flag flying out front with the name of the bar on the bottom of it. No other flags or team paraphernalia from the other Boston teams could be seen.

Anyone know the scoop on this place?
SOLID Irish pub/dive

mjd877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Chruceg

I live right next to Harvard and I actually avoid watching Bruins games anywhere around there. Bad crowds, people give you a hard time if you get excited. I head up to the Coolidge Corner Clubhouse, which interestingly enough, is in Coolidge Corner. Parking is a nightmare but there are parking lots with meters nearby. Tons of TVs and friendly bartenders.

Side note: I always meet my buddy at Sully's before we head to the game. I freaking love that place ... but I love dive bars that don't give a crap about how drunk you get.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 03:42 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoomin8 View Post
Thats exactly what it was. Thank you. How long of a cab ride is that from TDBN?
No problem. 15-20 minutes I'd guess, about $20-$25.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 05:38 PM
OneStepCloser

As others have said, lots of options on Canal Street. Beer Works is far and away the best IMHO. Good fresh beer, enough flat screens so that you can usually watch one, and decent food.

OneStepCloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 06:03 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
I live right next to Harvard and I actually avoid watching Bruins games anywhere around there. Bad crowds, people give you a hard time if you get excited. I head up to the Coolidge Corner Clubhouse, which interestingly enough, is in Coolidge Corner. Parking is a nightmare but there are parking lots with meters nearby. Tons of TVs and friendly bartenders.

Side note: I always meet my buddy at Sully's before we head to the game. I freaking love that place ... but I love dive bars that don't give a crap about how drunk you get.
Absolutely my favorite place in Boston. Can get a bit cramped depending on the time, but I miss that place as much as anywhere.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote