HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Screw L'Antichambre

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Not The One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Hey, Spanky, read your own posts. They already did hire a Francophone coach.
My point still stands. Pat burns is fully bilingual and born in Montreal, with an anglo-sounding last name. I'm quite sure his english is just as good as Tremblay, Vigneault, Therrien, Julien or Carbonneau's english. So why single them out as "french-speaking coaches to please the media and some fa-fans" ? Are the Leafs due for a "french" coach? Anybody?

Ouf course what do I know. I'm just a francophone so I'd probably make a terrible coach. It's in our genes you know...

Old
03-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
To reiterate:

I'd like just a single proof that the main source of revenue aren't french Canadians.
Wow - what a slippery argument. It keeps squirming and changing shape, like wrestling eels...

OK - define revenue - I'm tired of having the bar move.

Old
03-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrowser View Post
1- Bergeron, le Moron, Demers and a few others are impossible to understand in french. Their vocabulary and pronunciation is worthy of 1950's hockey dressing rooms.
2- L'Antichambre is a bunch of ex-Nords and old white men from Quebec city, which is homogeneous, franco and white. I'm sure you all know narrow minded people from equivalent anglo cities. The difference here is they have a microphone, and they're talking hockey so they feel the can say anything. Please don't think they represent, let's say for example most 18-35 year old francos from Montreal City.
3- Don't watch it, they DO suck.

Merci de m'avoir lu.
Get your facts straight buddy, not every single one of them is an ex-Nordiques journalist or coach! For example, there's also Le Baron who brings all his years of baseball expertise covering the Expos to teach us how a hockey team should be properly run!!!

Old
03-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Jerk Store*
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
Because french coach can't make us win?If we don't hire french coach who will?
I have nothing against english coach.But if they are both equal in competence and experience i wish they take the french coach .It's not a racist thing dumb ass.It's a respect thing.I don't talk in french here because i would certaintly get banned.

What about a coach for ummm ... the canucks of vancouver that can't speak english.
Oh i know.Why not take a japanese coach for the Chicago Bulls.No No i know.
Why not take someone that can't speak 1 word in french for the canadiens of Montreal?

Who would you pick if they are equal in talent?
A quebec Native or a russian?GO ask the same thing in russia and china.
This is a pretty dumb comment. I'm very relieved to see most people's comments on this though as what I heard last night on l'Antichambre really helps fuel my hate for the Canadiens (not trolling, I'm agreeing with you guys here).

Suprez, all the coach has to be able to do is communicate efficiantly with his players, something your last french canadian coach apparantly wasn't able to do, french or not. The Canadiens should go with the coach they think will fit best the team, regardless of the language he speaks or doesn't speak.

By automatically dismissing all non bilingual coaches, you are basically bending yourself for the medias and fans and therefore somewhat letting them run the team for you. That is not how you run a pro sports organization.

Old
03-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Network that is run by and employing prejudice people. Gee I wonder why they can't find a guy who can complete a single sentence in English.... maybe because they're the ultimate hypocrites.
I would wager a million dollars that ALL RDS journalists are fully capable of understanding english and that everybody on l'Antichambre is FULLY bilingual. Most of them were ex-players or ex-coaches for god's sake! I wonder how many bilinguals there are on TSN or Sportsnet's panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
It's always the French people who are so adamantly against English being imposed on Quebec in any way shape or form who are the people who can't even speak English and are among some of the most ignorant people you will meet. In any other self respecting country this type of prejudice wouldn't be acceptable via the media but time and time again the media here in Montreal prove they can and will get away with prejudice comments and behavior. It's sad really how people can't let go of the past to the point of having it ruin the future.
Ever look in a mirror? You are worse than anybody this side of Howard Galganov or Pierre Falardeau.

This board has really become a sewer. Some may ***** about the media but all I see here is post after post of prejudiced crap. Are there any moderators around here at all? This thread should have been nuked after the original (trollish) post.

Old
03-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
And Americans don't speak english? You know, calling François Françoé is actually the old way of saying it. It's a Patois, born from different old french regional dialects.

Give me the real numbers. I'd like just a single proof that the main source of revenue aren't french Canadians.

I agree.

Really? Because he said he wants the know what the fans want. Why do you think he tried to go so hard for Brière and now Lecavalier? It's not just because they're stars. They're great players and they'd be amazing marketing tools, like Theodore was.

Wow, now you guys are just making **** up.

I've read a few of your posts and I haven't notcied one that wasn't nonesense.
keep reading im sure ull find sumting

Old
03-11-2009, 10:42 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Get your facts straight buddy, not every single one of them is an ex-Nordiques journalist or coach! For example, there's also Le Baron who brings all his years of baseball expertise covering the Expos to teach us how a hockey team should be properly run!!!
He's an old white man though. Is it only old white franco men that are xeno and backwards? No.

Old
03-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrowser View Post
He's an old white man though. Is it only old white franco men that are xeno and backwards? No.
I agree. I should have perhaps added instead of .

I find it slightly amusing and disingenuous that all these commentators that cut their teeth covering the Nordiques ,"l'équipe qui représente le mieux le Québec", that fought an all out war against the Habs, "l'équipe des Anglais", are the worst offenders when it comes to cherry-picking Habs history to justify their "more Québécois" equals "winning Habs" rhetoric.

Old
03-11-2009, 10:57 AM
JaymzB

I’m an ex-West Islander, who left as a kid in the mid-80’s during the great Anglo-Exodus (does that sound dramatic enough? ), so I think everyone has an idea what some of my opinions on language issues may be. That being said…can we please stop with the sweeping generalizations about Franco’s in Quebec, and the giant-monolithic French media. Sure, there are certain members of the media who have agenda’s, but given the comments by some on this board, I’d also think that these posters have an agenda as well, and I find both distasteful.

Old
03-11-2009, 10:57 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I agree. I should have perhaps added instead of .

I find it slightly amusing and disingenuous that all these commentators that cut their teeth covering the Nordiques ,"l'équipe qui représente le mieux le Québec", that fought an all out war against the Habs, "l'équipe des Anglais", are the worst offenders when it comes to cherry-picking Habs history to justify their "more Québécois" equals "winning Habs" rhetoric.
Sad truth, bro. And we all look like bigots because of these jerks.

Old
03-11-2009, 11:07 AM
habsrock76

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual Fan View Post
Maybe it would be better to have a coach that doesn't understand French. I'll bet this is the only market that has a bunch of forrmer coaches ripping apart the current coach on a nightly basis, if they were such geniuses they would still be in the NHL not on TV. I am in favor of having an English coach to run the team, and get a French version of Torterella as an assistant to run the media( hello Patrick Roy). Wasn't this how Jacques Martin got his start, as an assistant to an English coach with the Nordiques who handled the media?
Dave Chambers & Marc Crawford were the only two anglophones who coached the Nordiques.

French English Finnish Russian Swedish.....i dont care, in the immortal words of Al Davis "just win baby".

When we win the cup it wont matter what language the coach speaks...winning is truly the universal language.

Old
03-11-2009, 11:10 AM
C4KOMI

its only with montreal that
this is always an issue
even nordiques had a anglo only coach.

if you look at any other sport
or around the world
you'll notice that coaches are being hired
from all nationalities.
in soccer for example, you look at any european clubs or national teams,
their coaches dont come from that city, or club or country.
most dont even speak English.

but Montreal
is always different,

Old
03-11-2009, 11:42 AM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymzB View Post
I’m an ex-West Islander, who left as a kid in the mid-80’s during the great Anglo-Exodus (does that sound dramatic enough? ), so I think everyone has an idea what some of my opinions on language issues may be. That being said…can we please stop with the sweeping generalizations about Franco’s in Quebec, and the giant-monolithic French media. Sure, there are certain members of the media who have agenda’s, but given the comments by some on this board, I’d also think that these posters have an agenda as well, and I find both distasteful.
Great post. I think you perfectly nailed why I often get pissed in those type of thread as a french quebecer

Old
03-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
My point still stands. Pat burns is fully bilingual and born in Montreal, with an anglo-sounding last name. I'm quite sure his english is just as good as Tremblay, Vigneault, Therrien, Julien or Carbonneau's english. So why single them out as "french-speaking coaches to please the media and some fa-fans" ? Are the Leafs due for a "french" coach? Anybody?

Ouf course what do I know. I'm just a francophone so I'd probably make a terrible coach. It's in our genes you know...
As far as I remember, Burns doesn't have a French accent. He speaks and pronounces English words like I do, so therefore he is commonly mistaken for an English and pure English speaker only. I'm sure, maybe even you and other French people on here speak English as well as I do and still have the French pronunciation when speaking French.

It's a small thing, but that's probably why they're referred to as "The French ones"

Old
03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Time to pull the plug on this thread.

Closed Thread