HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/11 - 7PM - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2009, 08:40 PM
gobolt7

vCash: 500
And Ramo continues to prove why he is the most over rated prospect in Lightning history...

Old
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Hockey Monkess

Well, at least it wasn't lost 27 seconds into OT like last time.

But these last few OT points better not come back to bite them in the tank butt!

Old
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
nothingtosee
female fan

i knew i turned the channel at the start of OT for a reason. my heart didn't drop nearly enough just reading we lost than if i'd seen it

Old
03-11-2009, 09:42 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

So yeah. We're bad.

Old
03-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Sear91

And thats the 14th OT loss this season... DAMN.

Old
03-11-2009, 10:31 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayiandemond View Post
And thats the 14th OT loss this season... DAMN.
and like the 30th by 1 goal i'm sure.

Old
03-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Untamable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
And Ramo continues to prove why he is the most over rated prospect in Lightning history...
Those are my sentiments exactly.

Old
03-12-2009, 11:01 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
LEAVE RAMO ALOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!

Old
03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
LTNINGFan

Send a message via AIM to LTNINGFan Send a message via Yahoo to LTNINGFan
Quote:
Ramo is hardly the worst prospect for sure. Just go back about 10+ years or so. Tyler Moss, Zach Bierk, etc...

Ramo of course isn't the answer right now. But the guy has only played 38 or so games behind an inexperienced defense.

Old
03-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTNINGFan View Post
Ramo is hardly the worst prospect for sure. Just go back about 10+ years or so. Tyler Moss, Zach Bierk, etc...

Ramo of course isn't the answer right now. But the guy has only played 38 or so games behind an inexperienced defense.
Gobolt7 hates Ramo more than a pitbull hates Mike Vick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Untamable

I dont hate Ramo, not at all. But I do think he is over rated. I give him the benefit of a doubt though and believe that with time and a better D he will shine more.

Old
03-12-2009, 12:16 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLFanGirl View Post
I dont hate Ramo, not at all. But I do think he is over rated. I give him the benefit of a doubt though and believe that with time and a better D he will shine more.
Okay to be technical a second, there are two significant changes to his environment that could be a cause to his problems and require him to adjust.

1. Injury early in the season
2. New goaltending coach

Now, as far as 2, its not that Raedar is a bad coach, far from it, Ramo was just never taught to control his rebounds. Wasn't really necessary for him for many years, now he needs to find that solid balance of using all of his body to trap a puck, which is more difficult than you think.

He has the natural athleticism to be a starting goaltender, and he has the tools, he just needs to find that balance. Goaltenders traditionally take longer to develop than any other position and he is young, i';m okay with it. Lets not forget, we hype Helenius and he is fresh off a bad year with injury problems. Tokarski, as much as I love the kid, is just a pipe dream at this point.

Old
03-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
Okay to be technical a second, there are two significant changes to his environment that could be a cause to his problems and require him to adjust.

1. Injury early in the season
2. New goaltending coach

Now, as far as 2, its not that Raedar is a bad coach, far from it, Ramo was just never taught to control his rebounds. Wasn't really necessary for him for many years, now he needs to find that solid balance of using all of his body to trap a puck, which is more difficult than you think.

He has the natural athleticism to be a starting goaltender, and he has the tools, he just needs to find that balance. Goaltenders traditionally take longer to develop than any other position and he is young, i';m okay with it. Lets not forget, we hype Helenius and he is fresh off a bad year with injury problems. Tokarski, as much as I love the kid, is just a pipe dream at this point.
Ramo is NHL ready now as a BACKUP. I wouldn't really call him overrated as some for reasons mentioned above. I'd still like to see a Smith-Ramo tandem next year, with Smith getting 50 to 60 starts.

Not to mention goalies usually dont crack the NHL till there about 27 or 28 and hes only 21/22. Give him time before making statements that make you seem hes a bust already. At the moment, hes a solid Backup which was something we needed to find. I'm happy with it.

Old
03-12-2009, 02:16 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Ramo is NHL ready now as a BACKUP. I wouldn't really call him overrated as some for reasons mentioned above. I'd still like to see a Smith-Ramo tandem next year, with Smith getting 50 to 60 starts.

Not to mention goalies usually dont crack the NHL till there about 27 or 28 and hes only 21/22. Give him time before making statements that make you seem hes a bust already. At the moment, hes a solid Backup which was something we needed to find. I'm happy with it.
Right now, hes not really a solid backup either - but hes just struggling right now.

Old
03-12-2009, 03:19 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLFanGirl View Post
Smart and true. The defense is absolutely the biggest problem with this team right now. For Ramo to only give up 3 last night considering how the Lightning were dominated in their own end for most of the game, I thought was a big accomplishment. Ramo, to me, is only overrated on this board by some. I think he has tremendous potential and he is just a kid.

Old
03-12-2009, 03:26 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimismRestrainer View Post
Smart and true. The defense is absolutely the biggest problem with this team right now. For Ramo to only give up 3 last night considering how the Lightning were dominated in their own end for most of the game, I thought was a big accomplishment. Ramo, to me, is only overrated on this board by some. I think he has tremendous potential and he is just a kid.
Yup.

Closed Thread