HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Rick Nash vs Ryan Getzlaf

View Poll Results: Rick Nash or Ryan Getzlaf?
Nash 135 51.72%
Getzlaf 126 48.28%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-11-2009, 07:55 PM
ItsCarman

vCash: 500
Nash by a hair. Really close though.

ItsCarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 08:17 PM
marc-edouard grier

I hate the guy with a passion. Hate his face, hate his team, hate everything about him.

But I have to choose Getz***. **** me.

marc-edouard grier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 10:27 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 390
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
i went with nash just because i like him better. getzlaf really has become a top notch player. good poll

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Vicarious

Nash for me, hes a prototypical power forward with speed and finesse.

Vicarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Canuxxx

I'd take Nash for the next 2-3 years and Getzlaf after that.

Canuxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
dutchcrunch14

very tough call... id say getzlaf is a little more complete though

dutchcrunch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 11:23 PM
iamtherunner

I think Nash will turn into a more complete player and a very good leader.

iamtherunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Randall Graves*

interesting Nash has never had an 80 point season, Getzlaf is about his second and won a cup, yet Nash in a landslide...lol

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 02:59 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
interesting Nash has never had an 80 point season, Getzlaf is about his second and won a cup, yet Nash in a landslide...lol
So you feel playing with teammates like Huselius, Umberger, Tyutin and Voracek is the same as Perry, Niedermayer, Pronger and Selanne? Throw Getzlaf on the ice with Huselius and Voracek and he probably scrapes to reach 60 points.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 03:52 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
So you feel playing with teammates like Huselius, Umberger, Tyutin and Voracek is the same as Perry, Niedermayer, Pronger and Selanne? Throw Getzlaf on the ice with Huselius and Voracek and he probably scrapes to reach 60 points.
Getzlaf has carried lines with fighters on it before, sure Perry helps but Perry blows alot of chances Getzlaf creates as well

Old
03-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 675
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Getzlaf without too much thinking.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

I would rather have Nash on the Bruins right now,but I think Getzlaf is going to be the best player of the two in the future

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 08:35 AM
tony d
The man

Ryan Getzlaf.

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 10:48 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
Nash does not need any help to produce. He takes it to the net by himself with the best of them. He also makes players around him better.
For all the hype about his goal scoring its funny how the excuse for him not having higher goal totals is the lack of a #1 center.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 10:50 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
At the start of this year I take Getzlaf, but after seeing Nash perform this year and dominate night in night out I take Nash easily. Unlike Getz Nash has never had the privilege to play with not only talented forwards but some of the best puck movers in the business on the back end. Nash and I wouldn't think twice now. Oh and btw comparing there defense games is absolutely retarded considering they play different roles 5 on 5. It looks like Getzlaf is better at defense because he has to go in deeper in the D-zone than Nash does (Nash plays up top on the defenders). At least if your going to vote or say one is better than the other defensively at least know something about the game and role of a center vs a winger. Nash though is an elite penalty killer.
While Nash has improved his defensive game hes far from an elite penalty killer. Getzlaf is the better defensive player hands down. Theres a reason hes the first forward out on a 5 on 3 pk.

Old
03-12-2009, 10:51 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Because hype is more valuable than actuality.

Old
03-12-2009, 11:38 AM
4rde

Im surprised that Nash is leading this clearly. This proves my thoughts right, he is overrated

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
While Nash has improved his defensive game hes far from an elite penalty killer. Getzlaf is the better defensive player hands down. Theres a reason hes the first forward out on a 5 on 3 pk.
Nash is the forward on 5 on 3 pk's as well. Nash is an elite penalty killer just watch him out there more than a few games. He anticipates the pass better than any forward in the game. Again he is an elite penalty killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Because hype is more valuable than actuality.
Your right because there was not a large talent difference in which players each of them played with....right....Columbus is starting to get up there with the Ducks in terms of talent and Nash is only 7 points behind in 4 less games played yet he has 11 more goals. If he had finishers on his line like Getzlaf does he would have at least 10 more assists because of the blown goals from the likes of Malholtra and Huselieus after a sweet pass from Nash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
Im surprised that Nash is leading this clearly. This proves my thoughts right, he is overrated
Or it proves that other posters value Nash higher than Getzlaf. Just because you think the opposite doesn't mean your automatically right and that everyone has the same views as you.

Last edited by Doug19: 03-12-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
4rde

Quote:
Or it proves that other posters value Nash higher than Getzlaf. Just because you think the opposite doesn't mean your automatically right and that everyone has the same views as you.
Im not saying Getzlaf is the better player, which to be honest he is if i think it real closely, with a hair-margin though. But Nash leading this poll clearly is a surprise to me. I personally like Nash very much and i would take him on my team over Getzlaf even i think Getz is the better player for now, not sure about next year, i think if Nash hits 40 goals and 80 points he has reached Getzlaf's level imo.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Nash is the forward on 5 on 3 pk's as well. Nash is an elite penalty killer just watch him out there more than a few games. He anticipates the pass better than any forward in the game. Again he is an elite penalty killer.

Your right because there was not a large talent difference in which players each of them played with....right....Columbus is starting to get up there with the Ducks in terms of talent and Nash is only 7 points behind in 4 less games played yet he has 11 more goals. If he had finishers on his line like Getzlaf does he would have at least 10 more assists because of the blown goals from the likes of Malholtra and Huselieus after a sweet pass from Nash.

Getzlaf made Dustin Penner 4 million dollars

Old
03-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Getzlaf easily
seriously. not by a huge margin, but i think it's pretty clear he's better

they're physically about the same except getzlaf is smarter.

he won't score as many goals, but he's going to anchor a top line as an amazing two-way center with 60 assists and he's an absolute beast at the point on the PP.

Last edited by Cone: 03-12-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Getzlaf made Dustin Penner 4 million dollars
Obviously he wasn't worth that even at the time. The Ducks wouldn't have offered him that. And it's not just Getzlaf that made him that money don't forget those awesome defenders they have that can move the puck really well...something Columbus has never and still doesn't really have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chone View Post
they're physically about the same except getzlaf is smarter.
If Getzlaf is smarter than Nash, then why does Nash lead all forwards in takeaways? Seems to me that he reads and reacts to the plays quicker.
(I reserve the right to retract that statement because I can't find the Takeaways stats anywhere, it is just what was said on FSN-Ohio.)

Last edited by Doug19: 03-12-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old
03-12-2009, 11:42 PM
GeeoffBrown

Nash has never had a 70 point season. I'd take Getzlaf easily.

GeeoffBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Cake or Death

I don't know how anyone can sanely look at these two guys ... who play different positions and are surrounded by different talent levels ... and say "easily" or "not even close." Anyone who's watched these two guys, and takes all factors into account, should see this as very close. Do the folks that say "not even close" actually think about it, or just spit that out for reasons I can't comprehend?

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
I don't know how anyone can sanely look at these two guys ... who play different positions and are surrounded by different talent levels ... and say "easily" or "not even close." Anyone who's watched these two guys, and takes all factors into account, should see this as very close. Do the folks that say "not even close" actually think about it, or just spit that out for reasons I can't comprehend?
My thought was that Getz and Nash are the same player just at different positions.