HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tsn at its best

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2004, 10:28 PM
rib71

vCash: 500
Tsn at its best

at the end of the first period, i decided to flip channels because of the commercials so i turn to tsn to see them showing the sports update,

they showed the mtl tdot 1st period highlights and they only showed the toronto goal, im thinking to my self as A FAN OF HOCKEY
hmm what goal would i want to see if i could only see one..... the ribiero deking the dfence and going around the goalie or the ron francis off the skate goal?

thats brutal
another reason why they call it THE SPORTS NETWORK
i wish i could swap rds for tsn!! we should have that option here in toronto, after all there the same company!!!!

Old
03-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71
at the end of the first period, i decided to flip channels because of the commercials so i turn to tsn to see them showing the sports update,

they showed the mtl tdot 1st period highlights and they only showed the toronto goal, im thinking to my self as A FAN OF HOCKEY
hmm what goal would i want to see if i could only see one..... the ribiero deking the dfence and going around the goalie or the ron francis off the skate goal?

thats brutal
i wish i could swap rds for tsn!! we should have that option here in toronto, after all there the same company!!!!
cant you get a expressvu dish. RDS is available on it here in NS.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

On Sportscentre at 10, Dan O'Toole was like, "And the fans are celebrating as if the Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup...". I'm not sure whether that was an insult or a compliment.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
On Sportscentre at 10, Dan O'Toole was like, "And the fans are celebrating as if the Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup...". I'm not sure whether that was an insult or a compliment.
just like the leafs did in all their wins since 1967 ?

Old
03-14-2004, 07:53 AM
Somethings Habining

TSN is sometimes more subtile in how they show their bias. Even though everyone knows last nights win placed the Habs in sixth place "In the latest renewal of the NHL's oldest rivalry, the Canadiens notched a 4-3 victory over the Maple Leafs, moving up to sixth place in the East. " as is posted on the NHL site. Well the blue blooded home boys at TSN still have the Habs listed in 7th place on their standings board, Standings Nazi's, NO SIXTH PLACE FOR YOU!!! . Typical, very typical!!!!!!

Old
03-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Russeltown

Toronto
Sports
Network

:mad:

Old
03-14-2004, 10:46 AM
mcphee

The CBC intermission crew tells the story from the Toronto point of view. Cole and Neale are more familar with the Leafs and tend to call the game from the Leaf perspective. TSN on their updates and Sportscenter are Toronto first in all sports unless there is a particularly compelling story. In the case of TSN it's a business decision as selling themselves from the point of view from a central property makes the most sense in a Canadian market. The CBC inflates the importance of a Leaf/Hab rivalry because they need it to promote. Frankly until recently, the Bruins were our chief rival, and in the past the Nordiques were light years more intense that any Montreal/ Toronto thing. The way Toronto has been marketed nationally in the last 10-15 years has garnered young fans and turned off others to the point that it re-kindles a rivalry. I don't like the manner in which the game is presented in English, but I'm lucky that my french is good enough for me to enjoy the RDS broadcasts. I miss Danny Gallivan, but what the heck. If we didn't hate the coverage of the Toronto teams so much, would the rivalry exist in the same manner ? I sure as hell don't let the networks hinder my enjoyment of the game. I could care less who Bob Cole picks for deep down. Actually, I think Ryder and Langdon are making him a Hab fan. Bottom line is that this stuff exists, who cares. I'm getting more annoyed with the constant whining about every perceived slight. So Mclean and Cherry looked like 2 guys sitting disappointed in a bar after their team lost. Get over it. The only way things change is thru the pocketbook. If people don't buy what they're selling, they change what they're selling.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:43 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib71

thats brutal
For an extra buck a month you can get RDS. It's channel 504.

Closed Thread