HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Game ends in frustration!

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Guy Damien Lafleur

vCash: 500
Game ends in frustration!

What a cheap shot on Koivu at the end of the game. Just goes to show you that we got under T.O.'s skin tonight. The good thing is, that we are still missing Souray, Sundstrom, and Bulis. It's about time that we took one from the Leafs. If Montreal plays this way against T.O. We will be able to take them in a 7 game series.

Old
03-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Perry Turnbull

So how us the NHL going to react to McCabe's sucker Cross-Check after the game had ended ? I think that call for a suspension.

Rest of regular season + playoffs + has to reapply
What ?

Same intent to injure than Bertuzzi,
blindside like Bert,
not to the head but with a Stick,
AND after the game.
So why should it go unpunished ????

Objectively, am I pushing it

Old
03-14-2004, 04:43 AM
tritone

Maybe if Koivu pretends he has whiplash there'll be a 10 game suspension ~rme~ The league is just plain inconsistent and illogical...they base suspensions on effect rather than intent , Furthermore they succumb to media pressure in desperate attempts to cover their ass. It's a bloody joke. I'm not saying that the severity of the cross check(on Koivu) was anything close to the sucker punch (by Bertuzzi) but I am willing to bet that if Koivu had been hurt badly with the exact same crosscheck then the NHL would have reacted . Seems silly to me.

Old
03-14-2004, 06:31 AM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74

he should get the same suspension Hunter had when he hit pierre turgeon of the islanders after he score a goal....

But it won't happen since the nhl only looks at how the other the player is injured.

Closed Thread