HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

How many games of suspension for McCabe ?

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Perry Turnbull

vCash: 500
How many games of suspension for McCabe ?

None. Of course.

No one will talk about that cheap Blindside cross-check in Koivu's back when the game had already ended.

But here are some similarities with Bertuzzi's famous hit:

- In the back, victim blindsided
- Evident Intent to Hurt/Injure

Here are some things that actually make it worse:

- Hit made with stick and not glove
- After the game had ended

For objectivity, here are some things that make it not as bad:

- Not to the head
- No bounty on Koivu's head

So my point is:

There are cheap & ugly intents to injure every night in the NHL. Unfortunately for Bertuzzi, all factors were there for him to be a media victim. Because if the punishment for intent to injure were given out in a constant and consequent manner by the NHL, truth is there would be a heck more suspension than that.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Turnbull
None. Of course.

No one will talk about that cheap Blindside cross-check in Koivu's back when the game had already ended.

- Not to the head

So my point is:

There are cheap & ugly intents to injure every night in the NHL. Unfortunately for Bertuzzi, all factors were there for him to be a media victim. Because if the punishment for intent to injure were given out in a constant and consequent manner by the NHL, truth is there would be a heck more suspension than that.
Yeah, it was so brutal Koivu did not even seem to be bothered by it.

By the way, Antropov was cross checked in the lower back after the whistle, why no mention of it?

Old
03-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Perry Turnbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Defender

By the way, Antropov was cross checked in the lower back after the whistle, why no mention of it?

Point is not that Leafs are cheap.

Point is

Old
03-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Zednik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Defender

I gotta agree here... Bouillon's hit was worse IMO.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:17 PM
Still a Bruin fan

Quote:
None. Of course.

- Not to the head

So my point is:

Stop it, Bertuzzi is not a media victim.

The injuries to Moore backs up the ferocity of the attack.
That's a perfectly acceptable reason for being singled out for his act over all these other episodes we see nightly, especially in light of Bertuzzi saying prior to that game Moore wouldn't playing any hockey into mid-march.
What's with this "unfortunately for Bertuzzi.."?

Old
03-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
You can't defend Bertuzzis assault with "other people also do dirty stuff". It has no bearing on what Bertuzzi did.

If anyone else does something stupid with intent to injure or stick in the face or whatever, I'm all for being hard on that. You can't throw the book on the big stuff and ignore all the small stuff. That way we never will get rid of the cheapshots. The only way players will stop doing stupid stuff is if they are sure stupid stuff will come back to haunt them. Simple as that.

Sorry for the overuse of the word "stuff"

Old
03-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
None. Of course.

- Not to the head

So my point is:

HE HAS A BROKEN NECK, CONCUSSION, AND DEEP FACIAL LACERATIONS. What are you people - MORONS?????? To hell with the media - they have nothing to do with it. It's all about the injuries that Moore sustained. Bertuzzi got a fair punishment IMO - any comparrison to anything that has happened this year is just STUPID.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:21 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
You can't defend Bertuzzis assault with "other people also do dirty stuff". It has no bearing on what Bertuzzi did.

If anyone else does something stupid with intent to injure or stick in the face or whatever, I'm all for being hard on that. You can't throw the book on the big stuff and ignore all the small stuff. That way we never will get rid of the cheapshots. The only way players will stop doing stupid stuff is if they are sure stupid stuff will come back to haunt them. Simple as that.

Good point.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:22 PM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
I'll give Antropov a 8.7 for his swan dive after being hit by Bouillon.

Bouillon is only tall enough to cross-check Antropov on the upper thigh

Old
03-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Perry Turnbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers
HE HAS A BROKEN NECK, CONCUSSION, AND DEEP FACIAL LACERATIONS. What are you people - MORONS?????? To hell with the media - they have nothing to do with it. It's all about the injuries that Moore sustained. Bertuzzi got a fair punishment IMO - any comparrison to anything that has happened this year is just STUPID.
I believe that Bertuzzi's punishment was fair. It's the fact that there are comparable incidents happenning every night that do not get punished in a comparable way that I don't understand

Old
03-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau

Give me a break, he hit him right in the kidneys. At least I'll admit that McCabe's hit was dirty.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Carbonneau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
Give me a break, he hit him right in the kidneys. At least I'll admit that McCabe's hit was dirty.

So Nieuwendyk crosschecking Bouillon in retaliation was clean.

Antropov was looking for the ref before he hit the ice

Old
03-13-2004, 10:31 PM
ashap

Quote:
I believe that Bertuzzi's punishment was fair. It's the fact that there are comparable incidents happenning every night that do not get punished in a comparable way that I don't understand
Yeah, the Marchment hit on Ritchie was as viscious as the Bertuzzi one since Marchmenet is at his xly offense and he get away with nothing... The league look like a total jerk with this!

Old
03-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau

When I saw the reply on the "cross-check" I laughed for a little while.. did you see the "pain" on Antropov's face as he lay on the ground? Bouillon gave him a little push with the stick.. I'd think Antropov is a little tougher than he showed on that play. For anyone who's interested:

Francis Bouillon 5'8 196lbs
Nik Antropov 6'6 230 lbs

And on the hit on Koivu.. it wasn't pretty. But Koivu didn't get hurt, so we probably won't hear anything about it.. if anyone saw the interview Ron McLean had with Colin Campbell before the game, McLean argued that it seemed the NHL only cared when a player got hurt.. and even though Campbell got pretty offended by this comment, its true... oh well.. enough about that crap.

Tonight's game was really good.. RICHARD ZEDNIK=

Old
03-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Carbonneau

Colin Campbell gets offended by everything. He's very smug doing interviews, but I guess he's just like his dad

Old
03-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo
When I saw the reply on the "cross-check" I laughed for a little while.. did you see the "pain" on Antropov's face as he lay on the ground? Bouillon gave him a little push with the stick.. I'd think Antropov is a little tougher than he showed on that play. For anyone who's interested:

Francis Bouillon 5'8 196lbs
Nik Antropov 6'6 230 lbs

And on the hit on Koivu.. it wasn't pretty. But Koivu didn't get hurt, so we probably won't hear anything about it.. if anyone saw the interview Ron McLean had with Colin Campbell before the game, McLean argued that it seemed the NHL only cared when a player got hurt.. and even though Campbell got pretty offended by this comment, its true... oh well.. enough about that crap.

Tonight's game was really good.. RICHARD ZEDNIK=
Antropov's as Brittle as a China doll though, trust me we Leaf fans know all to well of his Injuries.

I missed this game though (I had to work) I gotta catch the high-lights, just don't ever call Antropov "Tough" ever again got it?

EDIT: Is Boston totally Incapable of finneshing a game in Regulation?

Old
03-13-2004, 10:41 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik
I gotta agree here... Bouillon's hit was worse IMO.
The hit wasn't worse. The dive by Antropov was better.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:49 PM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
I don't think McCabe will get anything, but if it were up to me, I would give him a 1 game suspension just to send a message that those types of late hits from behind is not tolerated.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
Antropov's as Brittle as a China doll though, trust me we Leaf fans know all to well of his Injuries.

I missed this game though (I had to work) I gotta catch the high-lights, just don't ever call Antropov "Tough" ever again got it?

EDIT: Is Boston totally Incapable of finneshing a game in Regulation?

As someone who isnt a leafs fan, I didnt realize that Antropov was that much of a wimp that he would be in intense pain by a little bump by someone who is half his size. Antropov is almost a foot taller than Bouillon, and he was 40 lbs more.. usually when a guy is that big he's a able to take a little bit of abuse..

Since you didnt see the play you probably don't know what i mean... its too bad you had to work.. you missed a hell of a game..

Old
03-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo

As someone who isnt a leafs fan, I didnt realize that Antropov was that much of a wimp that he would be in intense pain by a little bump by someone who is half his size. Antropov is almost a foot taller than Bouillon, and he was 40 lbs more.. usually when a guy is that big he's a able to take a little bit of abuse..

Since you didnt see the play you probably don't know what i mean... its too bad you had to work.. you missed a hell of a game..
Probably.

I remember earlier this year a guy a full foot shorter then Nik stepped out of the Penalty box and hit Antropov, BAM Seperated Shoulder gone for like 4 weeks.

last he he got hurt as well, he's pretty Injury prone for some reason he could be a Monster of a players manhandling guys like Chara does but instead Kariya could knock him into next year with a clean check.

on the Plus side of Working I got to feel the almighty burn of hand on 600 Degree Grill! I'M NOT WORTHY

Old
03-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
12 year olds don't understand alot of what the grown ups are saying

Old
03-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian

I agree completely.

Old
03-13-2004, 11:21 PM
jfont

Awards:
another bertuzzi thread...i will close this for now...if the mods here think its fine, go ahead and open it...