HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leafs 3rd goal, Cole, Cherry, Neale

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2004, 10:04 PM
  #1
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Leafs 3rd goal, Cole, Cherry, Neale

Leafs' 3rd goal: offside, twice... bs goal...

Cole: biased... sucks

Cherry: biased... sucks

Neale: biased... sucks

Will be nice when these Toronto homers are gone imho.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:07 PM
  #2
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Leafs' 3rd goal: offside, twice... bs goal...

Cole: biased... sucks

Cherry: biased... sucks

Neale: biased... sucks

Will be nice when these Toronto homers are gone imho.
Pedneault : biased... sucks

Sauvageau :boring... can't even suck

Houde : ignorant... sucks

Will be nice when this thread is closed

Mathletic is online now  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:08 PM
  #3
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
Pedneault: biased... sucks

Sauvageau:boring... can't even suck

Houde: ignorant... sucks
So? It's not like they are representing the game to all of Canada and throughout America. The people watching are French Canadians, exclusively.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:09 PM
  #4
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,851
vCash: 500
Don't worry. It won't be long. Soon the Three Stooges will be history and Cuthbert, a real commentator, will be announcing the main games. The sooner the better, AFAIK.

I have to give Cole credit, though: in his heyday he was a good play-by-play man. Neale and Grapes were always morons, though.

I think CBC should try to bring McGuire onboard to replace Neale. I know he rubs some people the wrong way, but that man knows his hockey.

Guy Caballero is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:09 PM
  #5
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
So? It's not like they are representing the game to all of Canada and throughout America. The people watching are French Canadians, exclusively.
then turn off the sound on your tv and listen to the game on the radio, and yes they present the game to the rest of Canada

Mathletic is online now  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:12 PM
  #6
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Don't worry. It won't be long. Soon the Three Stooges will be history and Cuthbert, a real commentator, will be announcing the main games. The sooner the better, AFAIK.

I have to give Cole credit, though: in his heyday he was a good play-by-play man. Neale and Grapes were always morons, though.

I think CBC should try to bring McGuire onboard to replace Neale. I know he rubs some people the wrong way, but that man knows his hockey.
I agree. McGuire has improved as a broadcaster so much and he's an excellent hockey guy. These other guys are out of touch.

Go Habs Go

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:12 PM
  #7
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
This really gets old.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:12 PM
  #8
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
then turn off the sound on your tv and listen to the game on the radio, and yes they present the game to the rest of Canada
you know what i do, i watch the game on RDS instead of cbc and i dont know french.
commentators are over rated

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:12 PM
  #9
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
This really gets old.
I thought I had no life with 2 000 posts ...

Mathletic is online now  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:14 PM
  #10
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
I thought I had no life with 2 000 posts ...
Sounds to me like you're right.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:15 PM
  #11
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Sounds to me like you're right.
but leafaholix has 11 000 !!! :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle:

Mathletic is online now  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:16 PM
  #12
jonny5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alberta
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
This really gets old.

Hey, it's Domi and Tucker in their Senators jersey again. Wow, Domi's eyes look even blacker after that knockin by Langdon!!!!!

jonny5 is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:17 PM
  #13
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
11,020 to be precise.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:17 PM
  #14
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
This really gets old.
You don't know the half of it. Having to listen to somebody who misses every nuance of the game and who does not represent the game as it happens is very tiring.

You've heard it from every city in the country and I'm sure you are tired of hearing it. If it wasn't true, maybe it would just be Montrealer complaining, but that isn't the case.

HNIC can do better, no question.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:20 PM
  #15
Carbonneau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Keep Maguire on TSN, there's only so many times you can hear the word MONSTER yelled

Carbonneau is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:22 PM
  #16
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau
Keep Maguire on TSN, there's only so many times you can hear the word MONSTER yelled
OH BABY!

At least his insights are worth listening too. It's not like a Teen Magazine about the Maple Leafs every time.

BTW, the Leafs are old and boring.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:23 PM
  #17
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
you know what i do, i watch the game on RDS instead of cbc and i dont know french.
commentators are over rated
Yeah, you're mostly right about that. The thing is, there once was a day where commentators had more insider knowledge and knowledge about the game than the average fan, but those days are apparently gone. Now hockey commentators are mostly old guys who are completely out of touch with the game or career broadcasters who never had a clue (this mostly applies to the US announcers). The RDS guys aren't that bad, but they can be pretty silly at times. The only guys I really really like to listen to are McGuire, John Davidson, and Bob McKenzie. The rest are just talking heads.

Guy Caballero is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:23 PM
  #18
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
The majority of fans who watch Neale and Cole on Saturday nights are Leaf fans... as they broadcast most Toronto games on HNIC... they're not going to make a change because the minority thinks they're bias.

French-Canadians have RDS... watch that if you don't care for Cole and Neale.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:24 PM
  #19
Carbonneau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
OH BABY!

At least his insights are worth listening too. It's not like a Teen Magazine about the Maple Leafs every time.

BTW, the Leafs are old and boring.
I'll agree with you there, he's not biased.

Has anyone noticed how Cherry has gone from being such a Bruins backer ( understandable) to being Mr.Leaf

Carbonneau is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:25 PM
  #20
Carbonneau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
The majority of fans who watch Neale and Cole on Saturday nights are Leaf fans... as they broadcast most Toronto games on HNIC... they're not going to make a change because the minority thinks their bias.

French-Canadians have the French CBC... watch that if you don't care for Cole and Neale.

That's not right??

There are lots of Habs fans outside Quebec, and contrary to what people from Ontario think. Canada doesn't stop after Quebec

Carbonneau is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:27 PM
  #21
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau
That's not right??

There are lots of Habs fans outside Quebec, and contrary to what people from Ontario think. Canada doesn't stop after Quebec
There are more Leaf fans then Hab fans that tune into Cole and Neale to catch Leaf/Hab games.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:31 PM
  #22
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,564
vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
There are more Leaf fans then Hab fans that tune into Cole and Neale to catch Leaf/Hab games.
why do you think that is? im in NS and couldve watched it on CBC in english(the only language i understand) but watched it on RDS instead. i did it cause i cant handle Cole and neale kissing the leafs A$$ so much.

Raider917 is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:31 PM
  #23
Carbonneau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
There are more Leaf fans then Hab fans that tune into Cole and Neale to catch Leaf/Hab games.

There's no doubt there is when you have a city of 3 1/2 million people to draw from.

But one time, long ago, they showed a habs game on the CBC when they weren't playing the leafs. Toronto must have had the night off though

Carbonneau is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:33 PM
  #24
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonneau
There's no doubt there is when you have a city of 3 1/2 million people to draw from.

But one time, long ago, they showed a habs game on the CBC when they weren't playing the leafs. Toronto must have had the night off though
The Leafs have played every Saturday.

Excluding the All-Star break.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
03-13-2004, 10:36 PM
  #25
Carbonneau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
The Leafs have played every Saturday.

Excluding the All-Star break.

Thats because of tv. They schedule it that way. All I'm saying is that 3 or 4 years ago, MTL and TOR split the CBC's coverage.

Carbonneau is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.