HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-12-09 Wild at Avs 7 PM MT

Old
03-12-2009, 06:55 AM
chiavsfan

vCash: 500
3-12-09 Wild at Avs 7 PM MT

If you really want to watch, here are a few things going on tonight.

Peter Budaj will be in goal

Svatos will skate on a line with Hejduk and Stats

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 07:11 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Wow! I found another reason to really want to go to the game at the Colorado Avalanche's Official Website.
Donít miss your chance to catch the Avs as they take on division rival Minnesota Thursday night (March 12) at Pepsi Center. Be one of the first 5,000 fans through the doors and receive a dry erase board.
For fun, we should all come up with give-a-way ideas for the AVs.

I think the first 1,000 lucky fans to show up should be given a bottle of Elmer's Glue. Nope...can't work apparently the marketing team has already used all the glue to come up with the dry erase board idea.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 07:18 AM
chiavsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Wow! I found another reason to really want to go to the game at the Colorado Avalanche's Official Website.
Donít miss your chance to catch the Avs as they take on division rival Minnesota Thursday night (March 12) at Pepsi Center. Be one of the first 5,000 fans through the doors and receive a dry erase board.

I think the first 1,000 lucky fans to show up should be given a bottle of Elmer's Glue. Nope...can't work apparently the marketing team has already used all the glue to come up with the dry erase board idea.
Well you can put disparaging comments on your dry erase board and try to get on TV. If it doesn't work, you can try something else. This could actually be quite entertaining...

Old
03-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:

Dry erase boards? Really? Was management sitting in an office just pointing at office supplies they could give away?

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
You're gonna see 5000 people with FIRE GRANATO written on their dry erase boards.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Serenity19
Keep Flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
Dry erase boards? Really? Was management sitting in an office just pointing at office supplies they could give away?
Probably, it's not like this coaching staff needs them for chalk talk or anything.

Serenity19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 09:51 AM
MildAvaholic

With the way the team's playing, what are they going to do with 3, 875 extra dry erase boards??

How about they just stack them infront of the Avs net.....couldnt hurt, right??

MildAvaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
You're gonna see 5000 people with FIRE GRANATO written on their dry erase boards.
If I didn't already have plans tonight I would seriously think about getting tickets to the game and doing that exact thing.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 10:29 AM
hockeyfish

Quote:
You assume 5000 people will show up.

hockeyfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Are they giving them away, or asking for fans input on Power Play strategies? They are probably going to ask for them back after the game and give them back to the coaching staff.

For anyone who enjoys watching actual hockey, the Calgary Flames are playing Detroit tonight. Bonus it is on TSN as well. I haven't heard the word monster since last nights game.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 11:03 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
That would be absolutely too funny!

I'm sure the AVs management has thought of that...that's why they probably won't include dry erase markers with the boards. For those of you going to the game, be prepared and take your own!

Old
03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
chiavsfan

I'm sure they would work pretty well as frisbees...keep the injuries to a minimum please

Old
03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
hockeyfish

Either way, it will be funny to see them all thrown on the ice after the game.

hockeyfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

I can see a fan that does the "Fire Granato" message being caught on TV, subsequently asked to leave the arena by security and hopefully being interviewed by AD.

AD: So what did the security folks tell you?
Random Guy: They told me that what I did was inappropriate and informed me I couldn't attend games at the Pepsi Center for the rest of the season.
AD: How did you respond to that?
Random Guy: I told them they got the wrong guy. The only guy acting inappropriately at the Pepsi Center is Coach Granato but since the AVs probably won't be showing up for the forseeable future I don't think we have any problems with me missing a few games too.

[edit...with my luck the AVs win this one and you will all agree...this post was funnier in my head than on this board. Time to get some sleep before the game. G'day y'all.]

Old
03-12-2009, 01:17 PM
crucifux

Quote:
Don’t miss your chance to catch the Avs as they take on division rival Minnesota Thursday night (March 12) at Pepsi Center. Be one of the first 5,000 fans through the doors and receive a dry erase board.
that sounds like a monumentally bad idea. they are going to have to put that face scrambler they use on "cops" to blur out the entire audience tonight....

crucifux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:

In the words of John Kelly, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

I was really not excited to go to the game tonight, but now I can't f-ing wait. This is gonna be fun!

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:

I'm sure the AVs management has thought of that...that's why they probably won't include dry erase markers with the boards. For those of you going to the game, be prepared and take your own!
Yeah. I'm definitely going to take two markers for me and whichever one of my friends is willing to waste 3 hours watching crappy hockey.

Old
03-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
I can see a fan that does the "Fire Granato" message being caught on TV, subsequently asked to leave the arena by security and hopefully being interviewed by AD.

AD: So what did the security folks tell you?
Random Guy: They told me that what I did was inappropriate and informed me I couldn't attend games at the Pepsi Center for the rest of the season.
AD: How did you respond to that?
Random Guy: I told them they got the wrong guy. The only guy acting inappropriately at the Pepsi Center is Coach Granato but since the AVs probably won't be showing up for the forseeable future I don't think we have any problems with me missing a few games too.

[edit...with my luck the AVs win this one and you will all agree...this post was funnier in my head than on this board. Time to get some sleep before the game. G'day y'all.]
This thread is off to an incredible start.

Old
03-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 6908
Just give a shout-out to Altitude - they'll see your promotion and get you on camera. Here's some free advice for signage:

Alti-lude - relax, the team is fine

Bad Bounces Don't Sit Behind the Bench

I Swear I'll Never Come to Another Game if Mike Haynes Ever Disparages the Team I Love

FREE DONUTS with every goal scored. This means you, Tyler

Hennessy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 02:42 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Foppa View Post
Yeah. I'm definitely going to take two markers for me and whichever one of my friends is willing to waste 3 hours watching crappy hockey.
I couldn't sleep.

Wish I was in Colorado...I might offer you free beverages of your choice all night for that extra ticket and extra dry-erase board. Would be fun to watch a game in person with you.

Good seasons or bad...the one thing I like about this board is that we are all fans who want to see the team compete and win. Even if we have different views about the direction needed.

Like most of y'all...I've been worried about where my next dry-erase board might come from. The AVs have truly out-done themselves with this masterpiece of marketing.

Old
03-12-2009, 02:49 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity19 View Post
Probably, it's not like this coaching staff needs them for chalk talk or anything.
"Authentic empty dry-erase boards... just like your favorite Avs see on the bench!"

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 02:51 PM
chiavsfan

See, it's nice to have a 2-year-old in the house. Just an example of what you might see tonight:

Old
03-12-2009, 03:20 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan View Post
See, it's nice to have a 2-year-old in the house. Just an example of what you might see tonight:
Your son has better hand-writting than I do. He also appears to have better hockey sense than FG and PL. All this at age 2?

I surely hope you nudge him in rooting for the AVs...I don't want to see him as GM of the 'Hawks killing the AVs year after year.

Old
03-12-2009, 03:32 PM
chiavsfan

Quote:
Your son has better hand-writting than I do. He also appears to have better hockey sense than FG and PL. All this at age 2?

I surely hope you nudge him in rooting for the AVs...I don't want to see him as GM of the 'Hawks killing the AVs year after year.
TO be fair, I kind of "wrote it for him." He is still napping. But he knows his Avalanche...unfortunately he loves Peter Budaj (because his name is fun to say) and he thinks Ryan Smyth is evil...which I find interesting

Old
03-12-2009, 03:38 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan View Post
TO be fair, I kind of "wrote it for him." He is still napping. But he knows his Avalanche...unfortunately he loves Peter Budaj (because his name is fun to say) and he thinks Ryan Smyth is evil...which I find interesting
Ryan Smyth is evil...to other teams when used properly. He should never be behind the net on a power play and there should never be less than two d-men on the points at the same time. The day's of Sakic, Stastny or Wolski manning the points needs to end. There is a reason we suck on the PP...and that is because we don't have d-men on the points....oh...and we have no PP system. We just over-pass the puck a bunch and don't get a quality chance because we keep playing hot-potatoe with the puck. No one seems to expect the puck coming to them and no one seems to know what to do with the puck when they get it so they quickly make an ill-advised pass to someone else that usually results in either a breakout shorty attempt or a waste of time while we try to figure out how to re-enter the zone.

As for hsi love of Budaj...just give it time. Once the AVs sing Ray Emery and Emery decks TG on national TV he'll have a new hero.

Last edited by expatriated_texan: 03-12-2009 at 03:44 PM.