Bogosian numbers next years ?

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
airmike74

vCash: 500
Bogosian numbers next years ?

First sorry for my english...

What kinf of number do you expect for Bogosian ?

Thanks !

Old
03-12-2009, 10:40 AM
teme

Depends on how much pover play time he gets. If Kovy continues to play the point, I guess Enström and Hainsey are ahead of him in PP depth chart. Salmelainen is also in the mix. Something the team has to think about, for his development Bogo needs PP time.

Old
03-12-2009, 10:50 AM
The Sneak

I'm calling for Bogo to be a 5 on 5 force. Amassing gobs of assists from tip ins and rebounds from his slapper. He has a second season surge ala Little as he becomes more confident with his shot. 10g 41a 51 pts

Old
03-12-2009, 10:52 AM
GetPucksDeep

+20 on plus/minus

Old
03-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

Assuming all things normal, i'd expect Bogosian to be producing at least at the same rate currently if not 50% more next season.

It does depends how he develops in camp, in the offseason... whether he'll mold more into solid two-way defender with some offensive upside, or if he goes more the offensive powerhouse route? To me, it seems like both those routes are open because he has size, powerful shot, and speed, good movement with the puck, and decent defensive instincts, also fiesty. If all things ideal, he'll go the two-way defender route, and be a complete force (ala Niedermayer) down the road.

Next year he *should* get massive amounts of icetime, play on a 1/2 or 3/4 defensive pairing, and from the looks of it, playing with Enstrom, who...at this point in the team's depth chart IS the #1 defender. Playing 5 on 5 with Enstrom should help rack up more points regardless.

As metnioned by another poster, I don't know how much PP time he will see next year, at least its difficult because of Kovalchuk at the point, Enstrom/Hainsey at the other point.......... theres no room at the #1 PP unit at least currently. Possibly add Samela in the mix?

Old
03-12-2009, 12:53 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

15 goals 25 assists

2 years from now: 15-20 goals and 35 assists

Old
03-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Lux Aurumque*

9 goals, 23 assists, IMO, if he continues to play with Enstrom.

I think Enstrom's point totals shoot up majorly.

Old
03-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Enstrom39

In the NHL defenseman points depends GREATLY on how much Power Play ice time they get. Kovalchuk plays one of the D spots for the Thrashers. Enstrom is getting more PP TOI than Bogosian but he has seen more lately. If the coaching staff thinks he is ready his minutes could go up--of Enstrom and Hainsey could continue to get the PP time. Hard to predict to be honest.

Old
03-13-2009, 08:33 AM
toph2o

I think part of the reason Kovy's continued to play one PP point has been a lack of viable alternatives. If there were more solid D options there that were better than the F options down low, I can easily see Kovy being given more of a "roaming" role... "go find an open spot and set up for a one timer, or draw 3 defenders and hit the open guy" type of thing.

Old
03-13-2009, 04:26 PM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 50
sorry to come here out of nowhere but that bogosian shot where he scored against the oilers was just sick.. I had to look it 3 or 4 times, really amazing shot!

Old
03-13-2009, 05:12 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
sorry to come here out of nowhere but that bogosian shot where he scored against the oilers was just sick.. I had to look it 3 or 4 times, really amazing shot!

Yeah, I agree man, the puck wobbled as it arrived and he shot it off his toe... about as nasty of a one timer as I've seen this season.

I'd pencil Bogo in for around 10-15 goals and 30-40 assists if his TOI and development both continue to climb at this pace. But as other posters have stated, PP time is vital.

Old
03-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Magnus Fulgur

15g 30a +15 will be the worst Bogosian will do next year if healthy.

Buy your Bogosian jerseys now while you can.

Old
03-15-2009, 07:13 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

30ish points

Old
03-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o View Post
I think part of the reason Kovy's continued to play one PP point has been a lack of viable alternatives. If there were more solid D options there that were better than the F options down low, I can easily see Kovy being given more of a "roaming" role... "go find an open spot and set up for a one timer, or draw 3 defenders and hit the open guy" type of thing.
This seems to be the most logical response I have read yet. When Kovalchuk started working off the PP point in Atlanta there was not an option of a Bogosian, Enstrom or Hanisey. I think they should run with a deadly top PP of Bogo and Enstrom on the points, let Kovalchuk roam and let Hainsey run the 2nd PP.

Old
03-15-2009, 09:14 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Kovalchuk belongs on the point. He is most dominant on the PP there.

Old
03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Compared to what? I'm not arguing that he isn't effective on the point, but how many PP's in his whole Atlanta career can you remember where he wasn't on the point? Seriously?

I think Kovalchuk is going to be very effective ---regardless of where he starts off the PP. I would just let him roam all over the place like the Ducks do with Neidermeyer.

Old
03-16-2009, 09:27 PM
schronote

Hey Thrashers and Blues fan here, I lived in Atl for 8 years still follow all of there games. I just watched them play great against the Caps. I really tried to keep an eye on Bogosian. He got a lot of PP time and showed good poise. He got tested a few times defensively and he's 18 I mean he does as well as you can ask him to, not great but a lot of promise. I really had a tough time getting a gauge on his skating ability, how is his stride and will he have to ability to control the game and skate out of dangerous situations with smooth skating, or swill he be more of a raw go through anyone kind of player? Like I said I live in STL and see no Live games and its hard to see a lot on tv so anything you guys have on here would be great thanks.

Old
03-17-2009, 12:10 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schronote View Post
Hey Thrashers and Blues fan here, I lived in Atl for 8 years still follow all of there games. I just watched them play great against the Caps. I really tried to keep an eye on Bogosian. He got a lot of PP time and showed good poise. He got tested a few times defensively and he's 18 I mean he does as well as you can ask him to, not great but a lot of promise. I really had a tough time getting a gauge on his skating ability, how is his stride and will he have to ability to control the game and skate out of dangerous situations with smooth skating, or swill he be more of a raw go through anyone kind of player? Like I said I live in STL and see no Live games and its hard to see a lot on tv so anything you guys have on here would be great thanks.
He has the smoothest skating of any defenseman on the team, can weave by forecheckers with absolute ease, and is generally a powerhouse with the puck. He has a good shot from the point, and is slightly above average but improving in our own zone.

Old
03-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

As long as Bogo is healthy all season expect him to finish be either 1st or 2nd among defenseman scoring. A 10 goal, 40 point campaign is certainly attainable.

Old
03-17-2009, 07:04 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

He is riding a 4 game point streak (2 Gs 2 As) and has 18 shots in that span (4+ shots in each of those 4 games)

Old
03-17-2009, 12:02 PM
swejets

Zach Bogosian I think has the most potential i´ve seen in an defensmen in years. He´s god damit 18 years old and together with veteran Schneider seem to be the experience one.

He plays with so big heart and have crazy skills, and great shot.
I think he will be a top 5 defensmen in the league in maybe 2-3 years, Don Wadell who i think have made some stupid trades, is so stupid if he don´t do everything to keep this bright young star in Thrashers.
I hope all of luck to Zach Bogosian in his career hopefully in thrashers for some years to come.

Old
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Wrong. Kovalchuk should be up front, with Enstrom and Bogosian on the back end. Enstrom and Bogosian are both great skaters, so it would be very easy for Kovalchuk to trade places with one of them at any time during a PP. Enstrom and Bogosian are proving to be our best PP pairing.

Old
03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Wrong. Kovalchuk should be up front, with Enstrom and Bogosian on the back end. Enstrom and Bogosian are both great skaters, so it would be very easy for Kovalchuk to trade places with one of them at any time during a PP. Enstrom and Bogosian are proving to be our best PP pairing.
I am sick of seeing you quote all my posts. I gave you a chance to stop but now i am blocking you.

Old
03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
I agree with Lux on this one. I want to see what the PP would look like with Kovy working more as a floater than just camped out at the point. I think moving him around will help create a little chaos in the communication of the defensive team and will open up more shots for Kovy. Also, in having Kovy move around the zone, it helps keep focus off of the point, which opens up backdoor shots for Enstrom and Bogosian. Kovy is a monster on the point, but he feels almost wasted sitting there when we have so many good pp qbs.

Old
03-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

Quote:
I think Enstrom and Bogosian are great up at the top (to fill in), but I disagree that they should replace Kovalchuk at the point.

Kovalchuk is far more effective back at the point on the PP then anywhere else he'd be. He can move the puck well, no need to say anything about the shot, he can draw the PKers enough to him to free up more space to anyone else who is waiting to receive the pass.

When Kovalchuk has space to shoot, its grand. When the PKers are cheating covering him, it opens up the window for just about anyone else on the far side (high or low).

If you put Kovalchuk more closer to the boards, towards the goaline, you effectively reduce his ability to get a quality shot off, because the goalie will automatically have the angle covered better, and at the same time you pretty much turn him into a pivot down low. Yes, he has good passing skills, but if you negate his shot, .......you remove his best asset.

Of course, the way the PP goes in motion these days, Kovy roams anywhere from the side-wall to the point and around to the other side.....

Last edited by Whaddagoal: 03-17-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Closed Thread