HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

14th Obsequious Banter Thread: 14th, the REAL 13th Floor.

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2009, 11:37 AM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophy View Post
Sedin twins are a bad gimmick. Those gingers would commit suicide if ever seperated.

off topic, yes.
It might be funny for a team to sign them both, but never play them on the same line.

Old
03-17-2009, 11:42 AM
chaosof99*

Richie's hit in New York has made it into NHL.com's best of the week video:

Old
03-17-2009, 11:47 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'd take the Sedin brothers. They are UFA's after this season.

Old
03-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Brophy

ooooof

Old
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Brophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
It might be funny for a team to sign them both, but never play them on the same line.
or play one in the ECHL keep the other one up on the top line.

Old
03-17-2009, 02:11 PM
IrishSniper87

iPhone OS 3.0 blew me away today.

Push notifications, Cut and Paste, MMS, Turn-by-Turn, landscape keyboard in apps, Email and SMS, more calendar integration with google and yahoo, new searchlight homepage (swipe left from home to get search page that can launch apps and find emails, texts and calendar entries.

Holy WOW.

Old
03-17-2009, 02:16 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
iPhone OS 3.0 blew me away today.

Push notifications, Cut and Paste, MMS, Turn-by-Turn, landscape keyboard in apps, Email and SMS, more calendar integration with google and yahoo, new searchlight homepage (swipe left from home to get search page that can launch apps and find emails, texts and calendar entries.

Holy WOW.
Hooray! now where is my USB cable...

Old
03-17-2009, 02:24 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Hooray! now where is my USB cable...
Not out until Summer unfortunately.

They need to re-do pretty much every app in existence so it will actually work with the new software.

Old
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Not out until Summer unfortunately.

They need to re-do pretty much every app in existence so it will actually work with the new software.
I was really excited for a minute there.

Old
03-17-2009, 02:43 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I was really excited for a minute there.
Sorry my bad.

Push notification can be worked into like all apps or something, so SDK need to be seeded out to developers and stuff.

But this update will be huge.

Old
03-17-2009, 03:05 PM
flyersguy33*

And this is why the World Baseball Classic will never grow in America. A do or die game against Puerto Rico tonight, with the loser being eliminated and the winner going on to the semi-finals, and the game is on ****ing ESPN Deportes. Are you serious. Biggest game for the United States and its not even on ESPN. Theres no college basketball on tonight, so why not show it. What a gong show

Old
03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
JSTAFF

I don't really know where to ***** about the college education system and the way businesses hire so hell, ill do it here. What is the point of going to college in todays world? Honestly, its not just the "economy" that is putting a damper on recent graduates, its the businesses that we have dreamed about working for, the reason we went to college.

Currently, I'm a graduate from Temple University with a BBA in Marketing and a MIS Minor and 3.4 GPA. I attended weekly AMA (American Marketing Association) and worked part-time as an Assistant Manager. What did all of this hard work earn me? A "marketing job" that was delivered as so. Two months on the job and I'm officially a telemarketer. Hell, I most likely have called your business asking if you need any construction work done.

Ok ok, so you might want to blame me for a "poor decision" in finding a job. I have been on the search for over 6 months and this is the only job that has salary + commision that is needed to pay my loans. Every single job opening requires 3+ years of experience in MARKETING yet there is no way to get an entry-level marketing job.

See the problem here? How are recent graduates supposed to get experience when no business will accept an entry-level employee. I guess I'm just angry at the world for going to college when I should have just been a plumber or HVAC person and made triple the $$$ with 1/2 the hours.

That just ticked off 11 mins of my work day which is nice to see because in between watching the clock tick and drinking water just to piss to make the time go buy wasn't working any longer.

**** the business world and **** the system. Don't go to college for business students, be a plumber.

The End. JSTAFF out

Old
03-17-2009, 03:21 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApogeeRocket View Post
So, about that new ipod shuffle? The earphones have an authentication chip! This joke just keeps getting better and better.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...nd-punishment/

This part really stands out to me:

I love my ipod nano "fatty," but it's crap like this that makes me want to stop and just pick up a sansa clip or zune.
Personally, I agreed it SUCKS, but it's an $80 shuffle, who the hell cares about buying new headphones for it?

I could care less, I'm no Apple fanboy, but I might make the switch to mac. I agree they are not perfect, but an $80 shuffle is not going to change the world, or my opinion.

Old
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Don't you hate when your job calls you because you forgot you had to be in today? Yeah that just happened to me!

Old
03-17-2009, 03:28 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
I don't really know where to ***** about the college education system and the way businesses hire so hell, ill do it here. What is the point of going to college in todays world? Honestly, its not just the "economy" that is putting a damper on recent graduates, its the businesses that we have dreamed about working for, the reason we went to college.

Currently, I'm a graduate from Temple University with a BBA in Marketing and a MIS Minor and 3.4 GPA. I attended weekly AMA (American Marketing Association) and worked part-time as an Assistant Manager. What did all of this hard work earn me? A "marketing job" that was delivered as so. Two months on the job and I'm officially a telemarketer. Hell, I most likely have called your business asking if you need any construction work done.

Ok ok, so you might want to blame me for a "poor decision" in finding a job. I have been on the search for over 6 months and this is the only job that has salary + commision that is needed to pay my loans. Every single job opening requires 3+ years of experience in MARKETING yet there is no way to get an entry-level marketing job.

See the problem here? How are recent graduates supposed to get experience when no business will accept an entry-level employee. I guess I'm just angry at the world for going to college when I should have just been a plumber or HVAC person and made triple the $$$ with 1/2 the hours.

That just ticked off 11 mins of my work day which is nice to see because in between watching the clock tick and drinking water just to piss to make the time go buy wasn't working any longer.

**** the business world and **** the system. Don't go to college for business students, be a plumber.

The End. JSTAFF out
Waa waa.

Got mono?

Yeah man, **** sucks right now. I wish I had some money to get back in school. I can't decide to go back for Bio or Psyc. (I can do either one easily). Until then I'm doing data entry in a law firm essentially.

Oh well, cant win them all. Keep working at it Jev and it will get better. What were your original plans that you wanted to do with your marketing degree?

Old
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post

The End. JSTAFF out

Haha poor guy. I have a marketing degree from Pitt and a minor in stats. I graduated 3.25 in 3 1/2 years. I used to do HVAC work in the summers in highschool and college. I found a job after 2 weeks of graduation doing consulting work (supply chain, procurement) for fortune 1000 companies and PE firms. You just need connections. I had the same problems as you. You really need to just know people. That is how it works, especially for marketing.

Old
03-17-2009, 03:39 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
College does suck.

Old
03-17-2009, 03:49 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
College does suck.
College rocks. It's the real world that sucks. And the fact college is so expensive.

Old
03-17-2009, 04:38 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophy View Post
PS does anyone have the picture of "sign guy" holding up the youll choke sign.
Its here post number 38

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=517051&page=2

Old
03-17-2009, 05:24 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Greatest. Thread. Ever.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=616680

Old
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Ive seen the head on so many pictures now that I just subconsciously assume the original pic of Jokinen is a ridiculous shop as well.

Old
03-17-2009, 06:44 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Bryan Little now has 30 goals. He's doing a great job of proving that the "sophomore slump" is just superstition.

Old
03-17-2009, 07:28 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Bryan Little now has 30 goals. He's doing a great job of proving that the "sophomore slump" is just superstition.
I've liked that kid for years. But I honestly didn't expect him to get 30 goals. I figured he'd top out at 20-25.

Old
03-17-2009, 07:31 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
I've liked that kid for years. But I honestly didn't expect him to get 30 goals. I figured he'd top out at 20-25.
A good portion of them came when Kovalchuk was gone too.

Old
03-17-2009, 07:44 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
For those from Philadelphia, do you say Philly or Philadelphia when your telling people where your from?

Closed Thread