HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Evander Kane Tribute

Old
03-14-2009, 06:48 PM
E&M

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown View Post
Evander will be a high first round pick and his game has definatly come a long way. But I have to laugh at the start of this video. The first hit that is shown is a slew foot on the prince george player. Then the fight is against a 16 year old rookie from chilliwack in his first fight ever and Evander is trying to bury his head so he doesn't get hit. Sorry but I had to laugh.
Haha, I'm glad someone else enjoyed that. The "He fights" is pretty funny considering I think that's probably the only time that I've ever seen him fight.

E&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Acekicker123

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&M View Post
Haha, I'm glad someone else enjoyed that. The "He fights" is pretty funny considering I think that's probably the only time that I've ever seen him fight.
7 fights so far in 2 seasons.

Acekicker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 07:26 PM
E&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acekicker123 View Post
7 fights so far in 2 seasons.
Alright, 6 of them must be on the road, or else they're giving him fighting majors for nothing .

Seriously though, Kane is a great player, but if you're using fighting as part of his comparison to Iginla, you might be disappointed.

Old
03-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Acekicker123

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&M View Post
Alright, 6 of them must be on the road, or else they're giving him fighting majors for nothing .

Seriously though, Kane is a great player, but if you're using fighting as part of his comparison to Iginla, you might be disappointed.
I'll also use my personal observations, Kane's coach, and Kane's stats.

Acekicker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 11:29 PM
sean84*

well if i was the habs gm nd if collorado has the 3rd pick i wood give dem corey price 4 the 3rd pick nd i wood putt yaroslaff halack in the nett cuz hes better then corey price nd i wood draft evander kane wiff the 3rd pick lol

sean84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 12:47 AM
the_speedster

Quote:
I wouldn't waste my time on someone who seems to have made up his mind on the kid. You could even bring up the fight he had as a 16yr old against a much much bigger (as of then) Jordan Mistelbacher (RIP ) and there'd still be a complaint.

He's still got a hell of a way to go to be in iggy's category (I gotta wonder why he's the number one name brought up in comparison lately...hmmm.. could it be because....

Big ups to the kid.. he's worked his ass of in the past 2yrs since I've known him.. Also probably hit the lottery in playing on a team with Don hay who's shown him no favors and helped mold his game. Can't believe he's still 17 and has more than doubled his very impressive rookie total. Iginla was a phenom in his junior career. Kane is an elite prospect. Will be very interesting to see if he can keep his head now that the lid is off his existence. If he keeps the same work ethic as the past two then I can see him making it into the nhl in a little under the next 2yrs (by 19) unless he's drafted by some desperate ass team that ****s up his development by rushing him into the nhl.

The only part of the video that made me chuckle was the "he dangles" part... its very generous. Kane's got decent hands but he's no dangler. Hay has molded him into a very fast power forward type with good passing ability and a great shot (maybe more like a growing keith tkachuk type) who has no fear of the corner or infront of the net (wish he'd move over to the right side of the net ala sid crosby and john tavares, for some easy tap-ins) I hope he doesn't overly focus on the banging though.. it takes a toll (and knock on wood, so far he's avoided serious injury)

nice to see the band wagon growing...

not bad for a kid who was called the "black konstantin kolstov... wow.. can't believe an idiot actually said that ) or a "reach" in the 2nd round

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 01:10 AM
deanosaur

Speedy! Bout time you made an appearance here.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 03:12 AM
orcatown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUC2MIC View Post
LOL you canucks fans are silly

Trying to candidly big up Hodgson in a Evander Kane thread... nice try buddy
And this comment is inane. Talk about reading things into a post. Sounds paranoid.

The obvious attempt here is to give an indication of how much I'm impressed with Kane (a player I see on a regular basis - like to the point where I see him almost the value of Hodgson). If I was trying to brag on Hodgson wouldn't I say that Hodgson was much better than Kane. Fact is that long term I'm not sure who is better but Hodgson is the the more proven commodity.

Probably there has been too much talk about Hodgson from Canuck fans. But I have never indulged this and most Canuck posters have not.

Seems to be you are hyper alert for any comment on Hodgson and are just as idiotic, to the other extreme, as people, who go overboard on Hodgson. Is it like he can't be brought up in comparisons any more??? Even ones where the comparison is made to show the value of other prospects???

Obviously the attne;pt here

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Kickassguy

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUC2MIC View Post
LOL you canucks fans are silly

Trying to candidly big up Hodgson in a Evander Kane thread... nice try buddy
Wow. Somebody's paranoid. Are you wearing your tinfoil hat while posting?

Kickassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 06:01 PM
E&M

Quote:
Iginla will fight a good player on another team in the hopes of sparking his team and getting them going. Kane doesn't do that. It's not a knock on him because most players don't do that. That is where I said the Iginla comparison falls short.

How does my opinion on that have anything to do with stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster
I wouldn't waste my time on someone who seems to have made up his mind on the kid. You could even bring up the fight he had as a 16yr old against a much much bigger (as of then) Jordan Mistelbacher (RIP ) and there'd still be a complaint.
Complaint? I'm a huge Kane fan and I've seen him play 60+ times probably. I have no problem with the Iginla comparison in general; I've just been pointing out that he doesn't fight like Iginla and that fighting isn't a large part of his game.

Old
03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
TheFirstSaviour

I've played drop in hockey with both him and his dad. His dad is a monster with a sensational snap shot. If Kane puts on weight like his old man, he is going to be a scary force in the NHL. Good luck to you, Evander.

TheFirstSaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

Do you think Kane is a center at the next level or will he have to play left/right wing? Can he play a postion other then center?

Steve Varmalov is offline   Reply With Quote