HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Season ticket holders

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

vCash: 500
Season ticket holders

I'll probably renew my season tickets, but am going to ask my rep for a meeting with ownership because I want a promise that the team won't be torn apart (trading Vinnie and / or Marty). If enough people make this simple request maybe it can happen. Will you help? Thanks.

Old
03-12-2009, 11:13 PM
BoltSTH

I would like a rider, saying if V4, MSL or Smith not on opening day roster I can get a refund.

Still waiting for a simple answer to the question I asked my Rep: Why should I play NHL $ for an AHL team?

She offered to get a player to deliver my package, but i declined saying the players would be better served practicing rather than doing promotional work. Still not received it in the mail.

Old
03-13-2009, 12:18 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
I would like a rider, saying if V4, MSL or Smith not on opening day roster I can get a refund.

Still waiting for a simple answer to the question I asked my Rep: Why should I play NHL $ for an AHL team?

She offered to get a player to deliver my package, but i declined saying the players would be better served practicing rather than doing promotional work.
Still not received it in the mail.
Well done, but you can post a recording of the call to verify

Old
03-13-2009, 12:42 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post

She offered to get a player to deliver my package, but i declined saying the players would be better served practicing rather than doing promotional work. Still not received it in the mail.
Not happy with the abundant price reductions? What seats do you have? For me I dont consider $240 for season tickets even AHL money.

Old
03-13-2009, 06:29 AM
BoltSTH

Same place I have been for the last 10 years in section 123. My prices went up $60 if the published price is what I have to pay, because in the past we have spent the the time to negotiate until we got the best price possible out of them. Still no package so can't even start to try.

Old
03-13-2009, 07:54 AM
TBFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
I'll probably renew my season tickets, but am going to ask my rep for a meeting with ownership because I want a promise that the team won't be torn apart (trading Vinnie and / or Marty). If enough people make this simple request maybe it can happen. Will you help? Thanks.

Good luck with that. Let us know how that turns out.

Old
03-13-2009, 02:32 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
Good luck with that. Let us know how that turns out.
Obviously it won't work out if it's just me smart guy.

Old
03-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Tokala

Quote:
Obviously it won't work out if it's just me smart guy.
It didn't work last year with the town hall meeting and open mics for questions. It didn't work with STH meetings with Feaster and Tortorella. They may say that the fan and gate money are the fuel for the NHL revenue stream, but they really don't care what we think. If you don't renew, they'll just be some other person that takes a chance on season tickets.

Besides, if they could trade an asset like #4 or #26 and reap a phenomenal return that makes the team better immediately and for years to come, shouldn't they do it?

Old
03-15-2009, 12:12 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
It didn't work last year with the town hall meeting and open mics for questions. It didn't work with STH meetings with Feaster and Tortorella. They may say that the fan and gate money are the fuel for the NHL revenue stream, but they really don't care what we think. If you don't renew, they'll just be some other person that takes a chance on season tickets.

Besides, if they could trade an asset like #4 or #26 and reap a phenomenal return that makes the team better immediately and for years to come, shouldn't they do it?
I'm not committing to 41 games of that, so no they shouldn't. I already went through several bottom feeding seasons (44 & 47 point disaster seasons) 10 years ago. I'll still go to some games and watch on TV, but no more of going to a bunch of blowouts and painful exhibitions. It's too soon.

You assume way too much. #1 That they could get a phenomenal return, #2 That they could identify quality assets from another team & #3 that they would even care to get anything to help them now if they're trying to slash payroll.

A simple "No I'm not going to help" would have been a sufficient response.

Old
03-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Acehawk74
HFBoards Sponsor

Making a thread like this is going to incite responses such as Tokala's. You know good and well that a venture like this just won't happen, no matter how many people petition. It wouldn't happen in any city.

If you don't accept replies that question the motives of your post, I suggest rethinking posting things like this in the future. It's only going to start unnecessary flame wars, and arguments.

As for your question, not a chance. I'm actually quite happy with renewing, as I like the direction the team's heading in.

Old
03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Not renewing would mean you will spend more time at hf since you are not at games right?

Please someone demand a meeting now!

03-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Tokala

Quote:
A simple "No I'm not going to help" would have been a sufficient response.
I wasn't making a personal attack on your plan. I too have sat through the dismal years. I'm not a fan of any one player, but a fan of the team. Acehawk can tell you how upset I've been about the 2008-09 season. Heck, I even cheer for other teams. I'll renew because I like watching hockey. It sucks that the quality is crappy, but it's better than no hockey.

If OK Hockey was a public corporation and STH were considered share holders, we would have a vote. Since it's not, we're stuck with whatever business decisions they make from player's contracts, to the cost of a ticket, to the price of beer.

Closed Thread