HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skates: Mission Fuel 100 AG

Old
02-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Jagger Bomb

vCash: 500
Skates: Mission Fuel 100 AG

I just bought a pair of skates for the first time in like 8 years, my last pair were Mission Amp 8's, which i loved and I wore them until it was pretty much impossible to wear anymore. Because of love the boot so much I decided I would go for the Mission Fuel 100's, which when i first put on fit like cinderella's slipper.

Anyways, it won't be for about a week and a half or so until I get to try them out on the ice for the first time so until then I just wanted to know if there's any of you guys out there that have a pair and if they are what you expected, any problems, what you like about them etc..... any feedback whatsoever.

Jagger Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Nivla

vCash: 500
Had to return them...

I couldn't pass up the current deal at Sportchek and bought a pair of 10.5EE 100 AG. They even game me a further 15% discount, molded the boot and allowed me to return them if I wasn't satisfied. Usually a sharpening makes the skate yours to keep. Risk free so I gave em a try.

The boot fit ok, a bit sloppy in the ankle (I need EE for arthritis in my right toe) and think another heating and wax laces would have finished them off. The skates felt fast and the boot was supportive and comfortable, very well made, these used to be $400 so they should be. I prefer a forward stance and thought I'd try it on +1 pitch setting after a trial skate yesterday after feeling too much on my heels.

This is where the trouble started, I tried to put the pitch 3 blade into the +1 setting and the blade metal was peeking thru the hole in the plastic holder so that I couldn't get the black nut back thru for the screw. I put some tape on to protect the blade and used pliers to get the blade to play the 1/100" required but it wouldn't budge. I even tried taking the blade out completely which allowed me to get the rear screw in but then couldn't get the toe to work.

I managed to get one skate done, barely, and the other was even worse and returned the skates after 2 hours of frustration. No problem getting them to work back in the neutral setting. This is obviously a machining defect of the blade.

I wish I could have kept them but not being able to adjust them (their main selling point) was a deal breaker, even at over 60% off. http://www.sportchek.ca/sportchek/do...&styleId=53597

These skates are a great buy for someone, not me. Back to my Easton Synergy's and Mega 10-90s for now until something else shows up. Some really good deals out there ...

Nivla is offline   Reply With Quote