HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Steve Staios at the draft

Old
03-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Different situation with the Malakov trade in that he only had a year left on his contract. Staios' contract is for an additional year - which includes the season where the cap is expected to go down signficantly. Not to mention the "assets" NJ got weren't worth the same as the 1st rounder they sent to San Jose.
New Jersey was squarely in a corner wrt the cap; they had to send the 1st to San Jose in order to get the Sharks to take Malakhov. The Sharks had no intention of spending to cap, so they didn't care whether Malakhov was their or not.

Edmonton isn't backed into a corner wrt the cap, and New Jersey isn't going to leave $3-4 million in cap space unused. Thus, it makes absolutely no sense for the Oilers to send Staios to New Jersey for a swap of 1st-round picks.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:33 PM
mrinsane

vCash: 500
Until the Habs doesn't resign Schneider and Dandenault.. I can see Steve St on Habs blue line along with Hamrlik..

If i'm Gainey I can offer Kyle Chipchura for him.

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote