HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it time for Doan to go?

Old
04-22-2009, 03:03 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
I'm surprised any Coyote fans would want to see Doan traded. But that actually plays in line with my thought as a Wild fan. What would you realistically, as an internet Yote GM, want in return for a Doan trade to Minnesota? Realistic as in Gaborik(as he is all but gone come July 1st anyway), Koivu, Burns, Backstrom are off the table. Also keep in mind because of our inept now former GM the Wild do not have a 2nd and 3rd round pick in this year's draft. I like seeing loyalty in players staying with one organization throughout their career, but I think #19 would look pretty sharp in a Wild sweater. What do think would be a good trade scenario to make that happen?
Doan has been performing greatly, i'd see Cal Clutterbuck, 3rd 09, and Bouchard

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:48 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
We can't shed salary, we're at the cap floor and most likely not going very far above it. Like RT already said, your going to have to pony up one of those untouchables if you want to pry our team captain out of phoenix on a very good contract. Since Burns is dealing with those concussion problems, you're going to have to start with Koivu.
Fair enough. I didn't look at the Yotes cap numbers before my post. I'm sure you all are right that landing Doan without a Koivu or Burns in the mix is unlikely.

Last edited by Marlowe Syn: 04-22-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Jake16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFF View Post
Doan has been performing greatly, i'd see Cal Clutterbuck, 3rd 09, and Bouchard
That's not nearly enough for Doan. Maybe that plus Mikku Koivu. Plus, if and when Doan says its time, its either going to be to a Western Canadian team or a very strong contender where that ring is in sight (like Ray Bourque to Colorado). I doubt Minnesota is that team.

Jake16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 12:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Yeah, I really don't see Doan waiving his NMC this off-season. If our team falls to pieces AGAIN by next deadline, and some of the teams in the NW that are going through significant changes this summer in Edmonton(coaching, likely overturn of veterens), Minnesota(coaching, and management), Calgary(cap issues), Colorado(picking third overall), Vancouver(UFAs, cap) get back on track and are looking like contenders or favorites, than he may be willing to waive it. I suppose Pacific teams would probably also be an option for him, but not likely for us. The bottom line is that he's probably going to want to see what we do this summer, and how it pans out next season, as well as what his small list of teams do this summer and how it pans out next season.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 11:14 PM
omnimutant

I can't even conceive of a trade from Minnesota that involves us giving up Doan. You just don't have enough, until we get into team swaps, and thats kind of defeats the purpose.

Doan will only leave here on his terms. We owe him that for carrying this team through the worst of times, he deserves to be around and watch the Coyotes hit their stride, however long that may take. Lets just hope that stride comes sooner then Later.

omnimutant is offline   Reply With Quote