HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Arkhipov

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Habs-all theway!

vCash: 500
Arkhipov

I noticed Arkhipov wasn't dress for the last 2 or 3 games. Is he injured or he's been scratch by the coach?
I've like him a lot and I know Zholtok acquisition might have hurt him.

Any info on Arkhipov?

Old
03-14-2004, 04:56 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He's the smallest big guy on the team. Haven't noticed Zholtok doing much more than Arky though, he has won a few face-offs.

I still say center with the Predators is like playing defense for any other team. Even Zholtok commented on how he has to player deeper in the zone coverage with the Predators than he did with the Wild, and they're supposed to be the most conservative team in the league aren't they?

Old
03-14-2004, 05:54 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
IMO, Zholtok is Arkhipov incarnated.

he wins most of his face-offs, other than that they are the exact same person.

Im really not seeing much fruit from this Zholtok-Bomber pick-up. I think I might actually prefer Arkhipov.

Old
03-15-2004, 07:34 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
IMO, Zholtok is Arkhipov incarnated.

he wins most of his face-offs, other than that they are the exact same person.

Im really not seeing much fruit from this Zholtok-Bomber pick-up. I think I might actually prefer Arkhipov.
Sadly enough I'm not thuroughly impressed with Zholtok or Bomber either. I'd not expect either to be re-signed for next year. However, I think Hnidy has done a decent job and plays a good physical game.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:38 AM
tulsytrid1

Yep! So far the Zholtok/Bomber pickup hasn't panned out. I think we still have to give it a little time. Zholtok has been ok while Bomber just hasn't gotten it done IMO. I really like Hnidy's play a lot better than Bomber's at this point of the trades. I think Arky need to hit the weights this summer and go to some school any school that can get this guys confidence back. I don't think he is a lost cause for this team, and that he is still part of this teams future. He has too many raw skills to just toss to the curb side.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:40 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Yep! So far the Zholtok/Bomber pickup hasn't panned out. I think we still have to give it a little time. Zholtok has been ok while Bomber just hasn't gotten it done IMO. I really like Hnidy's play a lot better than Bomber's at this point of the trades. I think Arky need to hit the weights this summer and go to some school any school that can get this guys confidence back. I don't think he is a lost cause for this team, and that he is still part of this teams future. He has too many raw skills to just toss to the curb side.

maybe we should bring in a confidence consultant? i happen to know the best in the business.....

Old
03-16-2004, 11:45 AM
tulsytrid1

couldn't hurt. I really wish we could send him down without having to clear waivers. That would be ideal, but alas we can not, so hopefully something is done in the offseason.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:02 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

hopefully Eaton and York get back and we sit Bomber.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:29 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

I'm still shaking my head a little over the Zholtok, Bombardir aquisitions. Neither of these guys are an upgrade in their positions.

I'm not even a Preds fan (ok, they're my #2 team) and I'd take Arkhipov over Zholtok. Bombardir is ok, but he'd be a #7 or 8 on a healthy Preds squad as far as I'm concerned.

Hnidy, on the other hand...He's been a predator his whole career, he just didn't know it. That was a good pick up.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:42 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

When Eaton and York get back I believe you're right. I also agree Hnidy was a great pick-up. As far as centers go, I still believe we put too much on them defensively for them to produce consitantly offensively.

Old
03-16-2004, 02:16 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

i disagree that zholtok isn't an upgrade over arkhipov. he's better at faceoffs, better passer, and better defensively. he doesn't float like arkhipov does.

i agree that Bombardir hasn't been all that great, but to be fair...defensively, neither has Timonen. Bomber isn't doing any worse than most of our defenders, right now.

Old
03-16-2004, 02:31 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think he's better defensively, maybe equal but not better. Arkhipov has become solid in the defensive zone

Old
03-16-2004, 02:40 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I don't think he's better defensively, maybe equal but not better. Arkhipov has become solid in the defensive zone
zholtok doesn't play the body as well as arkhipov...but he does it more consistently...and his stick work, in terms of stripping the puck, is on another level from arky's, easily.

Old
03-16-2004, 02:42 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

So give the corner work to Arkhipov and the open ice to Zholtok. Puts them at about even doesn't it?

Old
03-16-2004, 03:03 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
So give the corner work to Arkhipov and the open ice to Zholtok. Puts them at about even doesn't it?
I agree. I see them as equals when it comes to defence. In fact, the only area I see that Zholtok has an advantage over Arky is in the face-off circle.

Old
03-16-2004, 03:05 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Zholtok also has playoff experience.

Old
03-16-2004, 03:19 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:

theoretically, yes...but how often do you see Arky putting out a consistent effort?

Old
03-16-2004, 03:34 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
I agree. I see them as equals when it comes to defence. In fact, the only area I see that Zholtok has an advantage over Arky is in the face-off circle.
also note that Arkhi has produced more points than Zholtok since the arrival, and in less games played. (I think that is right anyway)

Closed Thread