HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Today Proved my point about the new NHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2009, 02:01 PM
  #1
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Today Proved my point about the new NHL

The NHL will now be know as the No Hit League. Effective immediately there will be no hitting or checking allowed in the NHL. You may no defend yourself or show any emotion. You may not promote ,watch or talk about the hockey played before the lockout. Gary is proud to announce that starting next year NERF will be the official NHL sponsor and fluff pucks and sticks will be sold starting in September. The new pucks don't slide well as they become water logged and the sticks are a bi flimsy but no shots will be over 3 mph which will cut down head injuries and possible bruised shins, A league wide survey has shown that more then 54 shins were left bruised last year alone and the dangerous trend needed to be stopped before someone is left with a permanent limp. Bubble wrap has joined the new NHL as a sponsor . Gary Butthole is pleased to announce that all NHL player starting in 2010 will be wrapped in bubble wrap. The NHL feels that will the players being wrapped in bubbles and the NERF pucks and sticks the NHL has eliminated any risk of injuries excitement for the fans. It has taken me a few years Mr.Butthole said but the new NHL is happy to announce a national tv deal with the Disney channel. Disney was very happy with all the changes we made and has offered us the chance to be seen by a national audience. Starting in 2010 all games will start at 3:30pm so moms can use the NHL as a built in baby sitter. Please tune back here for more details on overflow channels when needed like the Soap opera and food network.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:03 PM
  #2
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
There's still plenty of hitting. If the only thing you care about is fights, go watch boxing or ultimate fighting. These threads are getting old.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:04 PM
  #3
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,951
vCash: 500
First, don't dis Disney .

Second, Girardi deserved the instigator. If anything fights like that deter big hits like the one that Richards threw, hence going against your whole post.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:07 PM
  #4
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
First, don't dis Disney .

Second, Girardi deserved the instigator. If anything fights like that deter big hits like the one that Richards threw, hence going against your whole post.
First off I didn't say a word about the instigator did I ?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:21 PM
  #5
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Lev
don't get in my conversations you are clueless. You thought Morris was a forward when we traded for him lol.
I am not making a fighting point here. Did you notice how the announcer were laughing at some of the calls today? Did you hear the Dubinsky call when they said you can make that call 12 times a game but the Ref was talked into the call? Fighting yea i love it but hockey is physical and the league wants that to end

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:26 PM
  #6
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Did you hear the Dubinsky call when they said you can make that call 12 times a game but the Ref was talked into the call? Fighting yea i love it but hockey is physical and the league wants that to end
He was talked into the call because of the non-call on Sjostrom. The refs missed one so they called a borderline penalty. This isn't new. Refs in all sports have been doing this forever. There was nothing in the game today that supports the gross exageration of your OP.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:27 PM
  #7
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Lev
don't get in my conversations you are clueless. You thought Morris was a forward when we traded for him lol.
I am not making a fighting point here. Did you notice how the announcer were laughing at some of the calls today? Did you hear the Dubinsky call when they said you can make that call 12 times a game but the Ref was talked into the call? Fighting yea i love it but hockey is physical and the league wants that to end
The Dubinsky call was a clear makeup call for the missed one on Sjostrom that led to the goal. There was a ton of good hitting in this game, and a lot of it was done by your Rangers. You fail.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:30 PM
  #8
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Gary is proud to announce that starting next year NERF will be the official NHL sponsor and fluff pucks and sticks will be sold starting in September.
NERF is on hold. During product testing it was reveled that when the NERF pucks absorbed water they had the weight to do serious damage when players were hit in the head with them. Therefore ALL players will be required to play in a bubble. (see bubble boy for details) And your 3 MPH number is way off. Ovechkin in a bubble with a wet NERF puck still shoots over 20 MPH...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:40 PM
  #9
Sky Valley
Registered User
 
Sky Valley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NBNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Funny, I saw this game as the complete antithesis of everything you just rambled on about. Intense game with a lot of hitting, and the hitting was completely supported by the officials unless it was blatant violation of a rule. (Except for Dubi's boarding, which was an obvious make-up call.)

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:48 PM
  #10
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 21,961
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Rangers won and Lundqvist only allowed 1 goal, so Dagoon is pissed off.

Go watch the UFC, please.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 02:54 PM
  #11
shon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
First off I didn't say a word about the instigator did I ?
For one thing it wasn't a clean hit.Richards hand was off his stick and elbowed Z.
Pierre McGuire is an A.... hole.
G did his team proud by sticking up for Z and Dubi from yesterday.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 03:16 PM
  #12
levski87
Registered User
 
levski87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 3,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Lev
don't get in my conversations you are clueless. You thought Morris was a forward when we traded for him lol.
I am not making a fighting point here. Did you notice how the announcer were laughing at some of the calls today? Did you hear the Dubinsky call when they said you can make that call 12 times a game but the Ref was talked into the call? Fighting yea i love it but hockey is physical and the league wants that to end
Didn't bother to research when we got him, but I did correct myself 5 seconds after I said that. Second, I never said he was a forward, just he had a low goal count.

Lastly, enough with this whole fighting debate. You seem to like hockey moreso for the fighting aspect of if then the actual game. You own about every fighting video ever made. I just don't understand your obsession with it. Bettman will not remove hitting/fighting, so relax already with this. They are trying to get rid of the staged fights. The league does not want the physical aspect of hockey to end at all. Its one of the reasons why people love hockey.

I honestly think that Bettman is trying to get the NHL more involved in the US cities. Staged fights really brought down the sport.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 03:18 PM
  #13
levski87
Registered User
 
levski87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 3,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Rangers won and Lundqvist only allowed 1 goal, so Dagoon is pissed off.

Go watch the UFC, please.
What happened Dagoon? Lundy let in one goal only on a great deflection. Wheres the "Lundqvist blows" rants. You should really learn to appreciate the guy because he's the one person on this team that gives us a chance every night. We could have Martin Gerber back there, imagine that.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 03:25 PM
  #14
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
You(directed at anyone) need to be happy that any form of fighting is still allowed in the game in this day and age.

If you think its acceptable to bring a kid to a hockey game and allow your kid to see 2 grown adults fighting for no reason, our country is in trouble.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 04:18 PM
  #15
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
You(directed at anyone) need to be happy that any form of fighting is still allowed in the game in this day and age.

If you think its acceptable to bring a kid to a hockey game and allow your kid to see 2 grown adults fighting for no reason, our country is in trouble.
What day in age is that? The age of incredible, over-the-top political correctness?

Not that I agree with Dagoon on this, but this is just as silly as his point. So it's okay to take kids to a boxing match, or a wrestling show and watch 2 grown adults fighting for no reason, but in hockey it isn't allowed?

Our country is CERTAINLY in trouble, but that's due to some stuff that's just a little bit worse than fighting in hockey.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 04:36 PM
  #16
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
There are many forms of entertainment, and i think its bad for kids to watch violent things, like wrestling, boxing or now hockey. Whatever kids watch as teens they will want to imitate.

Me and my brother grew up watching and loving wrestling. I am nice, my brother is a dick. He always wanted to imitate the moves he saw on TV on me and i didn't really mind that much (there wasnt much i could do, anyways.)

I have a 13 year old cousin who is obsessed with guns and kicking the **** out of friends when they don't agree on things, i see him watching WWE all the time and thats his favorite show along with violent video games. You have to be dumb to realize that violence on TV is not influencing our country.

With that being said i know parents allow their kids to watch wrestling and they buy their kids the video games, but it is really getting crazy. I would be much more likely to bring my kids to a baseball game, basketball or soccer game( wouldn't want them watching football.. thats just the dumbest sport.)

Violence sells in the USA. Most americans are violent people and the crap that we watch (football, wrestling, BS violent tv shows) are a huge reason for it.

The reason i am getting into this is if there are like minded people like me, mostly women, they are smart not to let their kids get into hockey because of all the fighting. Of all the 5 major sports in the US, hockey is the only one that allows fighting. Also hockey is the lowest ranked sport of the top 5 which blows my mind (since most americans are so violent). So what i am getting at is the violence is not doing **** for ratings, if anything its hurting it.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 04:52 PM
  #17
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 17,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
There are many forms of entertainment, and i think its bad for kids to watch violent things, like wrestling, boxing or now hockey. Whatever kids watch as teens they will want to imitate.

Me and my brother grew up watching and loving wrestling. I am nice, my brother is a dick. He always wanted to imitate the moves he saw on TV on me and i didn't really mind that much (there wasnt much i could do, anyways.)

I have a 13 year old cousin who is obsessed with guns and kicking the **** out of friends when they don't agree on things, i see him watching WWE all the time and thats his favorite show along with violent video games. You have to be dumb to realize that violence on TV is not influencing our country.

With that being said i know parents allow their kids to watch wrestling and they buy their kids the video games, but it is really getting crazy. I would be much more likely to bring my kids to a baseball game, basketball or soccer game( wouldn't want them watching football.. thats just the dumbest sport.)

Violence sells in the USA. Most americans are violent people and the crap that we watch (football, wrestling, BS violent tv shows) are a huge reason for it.

The reason i am getting into this is if there are like minded people like me, mostly women, they are smart not to let their kids get into hockey because of all the fighting. Of all the 5 major sports in the US, hockey is the only one that allows fighting. Also hockey is the lowest ranked sport of the top 5 which blows my mind (since most americans are so violent). So what i am getting at is the violence is not doing **** for ratings, if anything its hurting it.
True. After I play GTA I make sure to go to the city, run over five hookers and kill 15 cops.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 05:04 PM
  #18
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
There are many forms of entertainment, and i think its bad for kids to watch violent things, like wrestling, boxing or now hockey. Whatever kids watch as teens they will want to imitate.

Me and my brother grew up watching and loving wrestling. I am nice, my brother is a dick. He always wanted to imitate the moves he saw on TV on me and i didn't really mind that much (there wasnt much i could do, anyways.)

I have a 13 year old cousin who is obsessed with guns and kicking the **** out of friends when they don't agree on things, i see him watching WWE all the time and thats his favorite show along with violent video games. You have to be dumb to realize that violence on TV is not influencing our country.

With that being said i know parents allow their kids to watch wrestling and they buy their kids the video games, but it is really getting crazy. I would be much more likely to bring my kids to a baseball game, basketball or soccer game( wouldn't want them watching football.. thats just the dumbest sport.)

Violence sells in the USA. Most americans are violent people and the crap that we watch (football, wrestling, BS violent tv shows) are a huge reason for it.

The reason i am getting into this is if there are like minded people like me, mostly women, they are smart not to let their kids get into hockey because of all the fighting. Of all the 5 major sports in the US, hockey is the only one that allows fighting. Also hockey is the lowest ranked sport of the top 5 which blows my mind (since most americans are so violent). So what i am getting at is the violence is not doing **** for ratings, if anything its hurting it.
"Whatever kids watch as teens they will imitate." Maybe if your teenager is a moron, yes.

There are so many incredibly thoughtless things here...but the last one is the most amusing one, in my eyes. You think the reason people don't watch hockey in this country is fighting?

Did you ever think that maybe hockey isn't very popular here because A) there isn't much of a tradition passed down from generation to generation in most parts of the country of hockey, B) hockey is expensive, especially if the only ice near you is ice that you have to pay for at a rink, C) all you need to play football is a ball, basketball is a ball and a hoop, baseball is a ball and a stick. You need a lot more to play hockey, D) any momentum the NHL had going for it in 1994, when it was at it's peak of popularity was ruined thanks to Bettman's first lockout.

The reason Americans don't love hockey is because they don't have a connection to it. Unless they live in a handful of states where hockey is a part of their lives, the sport is foreign to them, for the most part, especially as far as minorities go. Obviously, slowly, things like that are changing, but that doesn't automatically result in television ratings.

Soccer is now widely played in this country, yet continues to struggle with ratings on television.

Fighting is hardly the reason most people don't watch hockey. You're right, only hockey allows fighting. Yet it seems that the players in the other sports are involved the most with illegal activities, getting into trouble off the field, etc. Sure, there are instances of that in hockey, too, but not nearly as notable or as frequent as they are in the other major sports.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
  #19
gardenfaithful44
 
gardenfaithful44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
I dont know what is worse, the fact that you took all that time to write that garbage or the fact that your trying to defend that garbage.

gardenfaithful44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 07:03 PM
  #20
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,351
vCash: 500
seriously, dagoon, what are you talking about? Was there just not anything else to complain about today?

Lundqvist only gave up one goal so that is probably it.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 07:34 PM
  #21
levski87
Registered User
 
levski87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 3,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
once again it just prove most of you don't love the game but Rather have a weird sexual attraction to Hank. I never mentioned him I didn't say a word Sat when he was beat once again on bad rebounds and a 35 ft wrister by a 4th line goon which made the game out of reach. The guy played a great game today what does that have to do with the way the game is being made? The NHL is losing fans because passion is gone and rivalries have been lost. I am 38 and grew up hating the Islanders , Devils and Flyers this was our MSG and we rooted for the Rangers and didn't allow Let's go flyers chants in it like you passive college wussies did today. Go love on Hank or hug a tree but don't attack me because you Political correctness tells you to not like toughness in sports bye hater
What do you want people to do? Start a riot?

The NHL is not losing any fans, the rivalries are not gone. Arent ratings going up? lol.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
  #22
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
once again it just prove most of you don't love the game but Rather have a weird sexual attraction to Hank. I never mentioned him I didn't say a word Sat when he was beat once again on bad rebounds and a 35 ft wrister by a 4th line goon which made the game out of reach. The guy played a great game today what does that have to do with the way the game is being made? The NHL is losing fans because passion is gone and rivalries have been lost. I am 38 and grew up hating the Islanders , Devils and Flyers this was our MSG and we rooted for the Rangers and didn't allow Let's go flyers chants in it like you passive college wussies did today. Go love on Hank or hug a tree but don't attack me because you Political correctness tells you to not like toughness in sports bye hater
First of all, nobody has a sexual attraction to Henrik except for maybe the women on this board.

How can you say we don't love the game of hockey. What do you know about any of us? You're trying to say that the game has gone soft meanwhile in today's game there were fights, hard hits, and dirty plays.

I was at the game today and there were more little kids there than "college wussies". And the Flyer chants were quickly drowned out by "Let's Go Rangers" chants.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
  #23
ciggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
The Dubinsky call was a clear makeup call for the missed one on Sjostrom that led to the goal. There was a ton of good hitting in this game, and a lot of it was done by your Rangers. You fail.

did anyone listen to the game ?

the flyer players said that sjo did NOT pull the guy down, that he lost an edge....

ciggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 08:05 PM
  #24
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
did anyone listen to the game ?

the flyer players said that sjo did NOT pull the guy down, that he lost an edge....
Pieree McGuire was rambling on about how livid the entire Flyers bench was after Shoe put that one in. I don't blame them, as from their angle that almost definitely looked like an easy call, but Parent definitely did just lose his edge. It was a good non-call in my opinion, but the penalty on Dubinsky was still an obvious makeup.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 08:26 PM
  #25
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
personally, I cannot tell you what will sell regariding hockey. I like the stereotypical western Canadian style of hockey. I'm not a huge fans of goons, but I can tolerate them but believe THIS league was built to have some level of protection. Semenko rode shotgun with Gretzky. Graves with Mess, etc. I'm happy when a scuffle ensues after Gretzky gets an elbow the ref misses. Heck, I'm happy when Gretzky was hit clean but someone thought that person needs to be talked to so TGO can get more space to create the next time he's on the ice. I don't profess to have the answers as to how that would work in this new NHL, nor do I know the answers as to how that brings in more fans. I'm just stating what I like to see and that I liked the old NHL, sans the clutching and grabbing, and to be honest, I'm not a fan of the SEL West, as it looks to be trending towards.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.