HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Ever Cry After A Game?

Old
07-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Nikita Filatov*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Ever Cry After A Game?

The only time i ever cried after a game/sport i played was the last game of my Youth hockey career. Some of you may not be interested, but maybe a few are.

I played for a team in massachusetts for my whole career. ALthough i was playing in a higher leauge by bantams, My heart always lied with them.

It was in the state Championship (No teams from the team i played for EVER won states) and we already won the first 2 games. game 3 was literally stolen from us by the referees. (i won't get into detail). After the game, I couldn't help but just lie on the ice with my teary eyes and think about the countless memories and friends i made in my 7 year tenure in the organization. I thought of my development as a player, going from not knowing how to skate to a bench clearing brawl in PWs to a 65 goal season.

Throughout the season, the kids looked up to me as a leader, both emotionally and physically. I was the player who always stuck up for his team, never backed down from anyone...was sorta the "tough guy" of the team.

anyone else have any experiences like this? Coaching or playing

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:15 AM
OilerNut*

Never cried but feel like complete crap when our team loses our final playoff game.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:20 AM
deanosaur

My junior year of HS... Provincal finals.. lost...

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:55 AM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

I never cried, but it pissed me off to be to the Highschool Hockey finals 3 years in a row...and lose.

The Lollipop King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Rickety Cricket

After my last college-club game

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:27 AM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Last HS game ... we lost in the city semis after losing in the state finals the year prior. Combination of underachievment / disappointment and knowing that it was my last really competitive game (college club is more about drinking than winning). I didn't make a big scene, but it was a long, long drive home.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:57 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

Last game in HS. Exhibition against teachers. I scored a goal off my mentors skate, and as I pointed and laughed at him, the tears started showing up.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
I never have (save for injury) but I was coaching lacrosse and my brother who was one of the A's on the team and one of the better players lost it and beat the living crap out of a garbage can and his locker in tears.

I picked him up 2 hours after the game...

07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
bigbadrizz

[QUOTE=Bruinsfan1;14770964]The only time i ever cried after a game/sport i played was the last game of my Youth hockey career. Some of you may not be interested, but maybe a few are.

I played for a team in massachusetts for my whole career. ALthough i was playing in a higher leauge by bantams, My heart always lied with them.

It was in the state Championship (No teams from the team i played for EVER won states) and we already won the first 2 games. game 3 was literally stolen from us by the referees. (i won't get into detail). After the game, I couldn't help but just lie on the ice with my teary eyes and think about the countless memories and friends i made in my 7 year tenure in the organization. I thought of my development as a player, going from not knowing how to skate to a bench clearing brawl in PWs to a 65 goal season.

Throughout the season, the kids looked up to me as a leader, both emotionally and physically. I was the player who always stuck up for his team, never backed down from anyone...was sorta the "tough guy" of the team.

anyone else have any experiences like this? Coaching or playing[/QUOT

But if you won the first 2 games and that was game 3 shouldnt you have a couple more games to go?

bigbadrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadrizz View Post

But if you won the first 2 games and that was game 3 shouldnt you have a couple more games to go?
No. It was seperated into 4 divisions(each round had 3 games). The best team of each moved on. We won the 1st round, the second round, then won the first 2 games, then lost the 3rd...

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:25 PM
BringTheReign

I captained my Peewee team to finals. We were losing 1-0 with 10 minutes left, I took a slap shot from the point that got tipped and went in. We played three 15 minutes periods, and I had played 30 minutes. It looked like it was going to go to overtime and possibly shoot outs, when my defensive partner tried to clear the puck from the front of the net, and accidentally scored on our own goalie with 9 seconds left.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:22 PM
bigbadrizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
No. It was seperated into 4 divisions(each round had 3 games). The best team of each moved on. We won the 1st round, the second round, then won the first 2 games, then lost the 3rd...
o ok i get it now. I probally wouldnt have cried how old are you? above 15 you shouldnt have cried....but then again crosby was ready to cry in his post game interviews after game 6. (this shouldn't be turned into a cindy crysby thread either!)

bigbadrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:39 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Yes. After Brett Hull kicked it in.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Thefalkon

We lost the championship game because of a full-court lob that went in, the goalie cried and another kid went straight home. I was too shocked to cry or anything.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 09:34 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

I cried when my team lost cause no one on my team played anywhere as good as: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=530241

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I tried my hardest to beat a team, but couldn't, we lost 2-0 and I smashed my stick over the crossbar, I was so frustrated.

Another time, we were playing a team that had just destroyed a team that destroys us. We were winning 2-1, with like 15 seconds left, I had the puck and went to go shoot it in their zone and got smoked from behind. I was dazed and didn't get back up till the buzzer went. They scored, but the fans said the buzzer went first, but before that I was so mad, I was about to cry.

I felt like complete **** after one tournament. The biggest one we had, we're playing a team that had gone liek 41-1-1. I had two breakaways, hauled down on both of them, no call. It went through 5 on 5 ot, 4 on 4, 3 on 3 and then 2 on 2. They scored on that, when I was on the ice and i felt like crap, even worse the other team's coaches acted like complete dicks.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
I played 5 years with the same Beer league team and last year my then at the time gf decided we were going to move to PA and in doing so away from my team after we lost in the League Championship game and had a few beers in the parking lot on the way home I got choked up a bit.

Cappy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:49 AM
saveourpens

same as some of you guys, my last hs game in a tournament after losing in the playoffs. Deep down, I knew I just played my last game in competitive hockey.

Then I also started thinking about my teamates, the good times, the four year rollercoaster ...

saveourpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 01:36 AM
hipcheck

I wouldn't really call it crying, but... after being away from hockey for 10 years (because of injuries, family, career, time, life, etc.) I welled up on the bench when my over-30 team clinched the Championship.

As the clocked ticked down, for a few moments I was overcome with joy & emotion. It had been a long hard trip all the way back to a Championship.

At this stage of my life (almost 40), I put a great deal into each and every game (off ice stuff, like: diet/pregame meals, exercise, rest, stretching, rookie hazing, nursing old/new injuries: ice packs, heating pads, rubbing in ben-gay, balancing work schedule, late nights at the rink, etc.)

ONE OF THE HAPPIEST MOMENTS OF MY ADULT LIFE, WAS SCORING A GOAL IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, AND SIPPING BEER FROM THE TROPHY!!!

Life is good!

hipcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Cup final, took a stupid penalty in the last minute.. he did step on my stick and went down dramatically, but it was tripping. they score on the PP with 12 seconds to go. Felt like utter crap. I let the team down so badly..

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

i dont try to cry, because i dont know really, i get a feeling people would make fun of me because im the tough guy on my team so usually when something bad or something that pisses me off happen is i just rip the guys bucket off and just beat the **** out of him.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 04:11 PM
allin4466

After we lost out in provincials in Highschool. We never had a chance, but it was my last game of competitive hockey(turned out to be thelast game I've played)

allin4466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Redden Hogalot*

At the end of a game in a tournament in Buffalo, New York in Peewee. We won the tournament for our age group but at the end of the game our coach talked about how our season was dedicated to our trainer that passed away at the beginning of the season.

Redden Hogalot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 12:18 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

i wasnt actually crying but i didnt talk and i looked like i was going to burst any second. we lost in the semi-finals to our rivals and i got into a fight with this kid from my school that i hate so much. ugh that was a bad game and it ended my 8-game point streak.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Goaliepunk

Tears of Joy

Tears of Joy!. A tear fell out of my eye after the NJ Devils won their first Stanley Cup in 1995 and a few more fell out after Team Canada won Gold at the winter olympics at Salt Lake City.

Goaliepunk is offline   Reply With Quote