HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs Wings

Old
03-16-2009, 05:23 PM
KadoCH

vCash: 500
Habs Wings

First one of these I've made and just spit balling ideas for draft day deal or earlier

To MTL:
Darren Helm
Det 2009 2nd Round
Negotiating rights to Johan Franzen

To Det:
Jaroslav Halak
Habs 2010 3rd Round*
or
Habs 2010 4th Round**

*Conditional on Franzen signing
** If Franzen Doesn't Sign

I would then flip Higgins and the Habs 3rd in 2009 for a top 4 Dman Leaving my top 3 line wingers (Pacioretty, Helm, Latendresse, A Kostitsyn, S Kostitsyn, Franzen)

D'ago, Pleks (or Maxwell) would be used as part of deal to acquire an upgrade at Centre.

Shred Away

KadoCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
Johan Franzen is worth more than that package alone.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Detroit says no.

Franzen is worth more and we don't need Halak.

Last edited by Matt714*: 03-16-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:35 PM
KadoCH

It's to Negotiate with him 7 days before he becomes a UFA he may never play a game for the Habs or another game for the Wings so its not like he would have that much value. If they trade his rights than they obviously have not intention of signing him to a contract correct?

Old
03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Matt714*

Franzen is worth more because he is the Mule, and Ken Holland wants to re-sign him anyway.

Old
03-16-2009, 05:49 PM
KadoCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt714 View Post
Franzen is worth more because he is the Mule, and Ken Holland wants to re-sign him anyway.
He Probably wants to resign Hudler and Hossa too but when you 47.5m locked up with 15 players and the cap going down after next season sacarfices will have to be made. If they want to re-sign "Mule" then switch his name for Hossa or can they afford to re-sign both?

Old
03-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat

Send a message via MSN to Nunymare
I really don't see the wings moving Helm. He has a great future..

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Matt714*

Supposedly Hossa & Franzen are going to be re-signed. Don't know about Hudler & Samuelsson, Holland said that he's going to wait if the cap increases, and by how much.

It isn't going to decrease, stop listening to RDS scaremongering. I'm still waiting for the darkest day in Canadiens history.

Quote:
According to a report in the Globe and Mail, an NHL source says that barring a miraculous recovery by the economy, players stand to lose some of their escrow money next season.

While the cap wouldn't change from the $56.7 million mark, with the escrow money not being given back to the players at the end of the season, the actual money spent by a team at the cap is closer to $48 million.
Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=256633

Either way, we don't need Halak. Grand Rapids has already enough goalies.

Old
03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
KadoCH

Quote:
Supposedly Hossa & Franzen are going to be re-signed. Don't know about Hudler & Samuelsson, Holland said that he's going to wait if the cap increases, and by how much.

It isn't going to decrease, stop listening to RDS scaremongering. I'm still waiting for the darkest day in Canadiens history.

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=256633

Either way, we don't need Halak. Grand Rapids has already enough goalies.
1. So signing Hossa for 5M and Franzen for 3.5M leaves ~500k to fill a backup goalie and two forward spots, plus means that Hudler and Samuelsson are gone. Not to mention Hossa signing for 5M is a pretty big home town discount, one he is willing to give?

Quote:
At least some of the general managers, though, were considerably less optimistic, especially about the 2010-11 season. Since the salary cap for a season is based on the total revenue from the previous season, it is not expected the cap for next season will drop much from this season's $56.7-million (all currency U.S.). But by the end of next season, the fallout from the recession will be felt and it is thought the 2010-11 cap could fall to less than $50-million.
Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...y/GlobeSports/

Holland looks a little further ahead than your self and will see the rising tide beyond next season. If he signs them he will have to clear about 7M off the books the following season and a Detroit team minus Lidstrom with 38 YO Osgood and less than stellar Howard in nets is not a force to be reckon with defensively.

Don't make comments like Grand Rapids doesn't need more goalies refering to Halak you obviously know nothing about him a former WJC top goalie, AHL all star and .914 NHL sv% as a 23 year old on a poor defensive team.

I'm done maybe I'll bump this thread when Detroits goaltending fails them in the playoffs and the Wings fans are clamouring for a legitmate goalie.

Old
03-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Birko19

I would not give Helm straight up for that deal, let alone that package?

Birko19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Johan Franzen is worth more than that package alone.
If they re-sign him, yes he is. But if they chose to re-sign Hossa instead, I think that the package is somewhat realistic. Remember that the OP is suggesting the trade for the negotiating rights...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadoCH View Post
I'm done maybe I'll bump this thread when Detroits goaltending fails them in the playoffs and the Wings fans are clamouring for a legitmate goalie.
Halak still wouldn't be that guy. If the wings start looking at bringing in a goalie fix, it would be a vet with quite a bit of playoff experience. This isn't a knack on Halak at all, who could grow into a very fine goalie, but it just doesn't fit with what Detroit normally looks for. If they wanted to go with a young guy, they'd more likely go with Howard who they wouldn't have to give any assets for.

And I have to think that if any team trades for negotiating rights for Franzen, it'll be because they are already sure they can sign him. It wouldn't surprise me if it would be a case where the team is given permission to talk with him before the trade is completed, just to make sure everyone got what they wanted. Still, assuming this isn't the case, it'd be better to drop Halak, Helm and the second and just work a deal for Franzen.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Holland looks a little further ahead than your self and will see the rising tide beyond next season. If he signs them he will have to clear about 7M off the books the following season and a Detroit team minus Lidstrom with 38 YO Osgood and less than stellar Howard in nets is not a force to be reckon with defensively.

Don't make comments like Grand Rapids doesn't need more goalies refering to Halak you obviously know nothing about him a former WJC top goalie, AHL all star and .914 NHL sv% as a 23 year old on a poor defensive team.
I wouldn't be shocked if Lidstrom retires. Keep in mind that they've got Jonathan Ericsson, Jakub Kindl, and Brendan Smith in the pipeline for defense, and IIRC they're not going to be on giant multimillion dollar contracts for a bit.

So, by that time, there's two or three goaltenders Detroit has in the system that will be competing for the job. Halak therefore probably isn't necessary. A little more of a sure thing, no doubt, but I think the Wings have a good deal of confidence in their scouting staff as is.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Matt714*

Quote:
Holland looks a little further ahead than your self and will see the rising tide beyond next season.
Fearmongering speculation.

Quote:
he signs them he will have to clear about 7M off the books the following season and a Detroit team minus Lidstrom with 38 YO Osgood
I didn't know that Lidstrom announced that he was retiring at the end of this contrat. Can I borrow your crystal ball ?

You're right. Good thing we had a rookie netminder in 2002, we would of never made it to the finals, and dominate the Hurricanes for that matter.

Quote:
and less than stellar Howard in nets is not a force to be reckon with defensively.
Interesting how you rate a goalie that has played 8 NHL games, and the rest of his professional career on a weak AHL team.

Quote:
Reminds me of the past experience of someone who got dominated the Flyers last year, while some unlegitimate goalie lead the league with the highest save percentage of the playoffs.

Old
03-16-2009, 08:56 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
First one of these I've made and just spit balling ideas for draft day deal or earlier

To MTL:
Darren Helm
Det 2009 2nd Round
Negotiating rights to Johan Franzen

To Det:
Jaroslav Halak
Habs 2010 3rd Round*
or
Habs 2010 4th Round**

*Conditional on Franzen signing
** If Franzen Doesn't Sign

I would then flip Higgins and the Habs 3rd in 2009 for a top 4 Dman Leaving my top 3 line wingers (Pacioretty, Helm, Latendresse, A Kostitsyn, S Kostitsyn, Franzen)

D'ago, Pleks (or Maxwell) would be used as part of deal to acquire an upgrade at Centre.

Shred Away
if detroit receives a goalie, then ozzie or howard have to go the other way. that said, i wouldn't trade helm right now, he's draper's replacement when his contract is done and hopefully he steps aside to make way for our youth. trading negotiating rights just isn't something holland has done so why start now. I'd like to see who gets locked up first, be it franzen or hossa, before commenting on any other proposals.

garry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
HabsInsideOut

Perhaps Helm is being a tad bit overrated but he should be really good and montreal takes that for sure...at least if i were gm

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 10:01 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Detroit says no.

Franzen is worth more and we don't need Halak.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
otto bond

Quote:
1. So signing Hossa for 5M and Franzen for 3.5M leaves ~500k to fill a backup goalie and two forward spots, plus means that Hudler and Samuelsson are gone. Not to mention Hossa signing for 5M is a pretty big home town discount, one he is willing to give?

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...y/GlobeSports/

I agree with you . Once ok, but to do it twice? I say no. Halak is a great value to MTL. Will Price is the guy in MTL and I believe he will produce, Halak is one hell off a backup plan.

Old
03-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

There are a few prospects out there that are very underrated and I would just love to see on Ottawa. One is Darren Helm (and for Montreal fans, another is Pacioretty). Thus, in my opinion:

If Franzen didn't sign with Montreal: Montreal wins the deal.
If Franzen does sign with Montreal: ...well, you can guess.

Detroit would never touch this one without MAJOR changes to it!

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Matt714*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Oh really ? We managed to have three more points than last season without him.

I'd rather have Osgood for the playoffs than some unproven rookie who calls in sick because he can't deal with the pressure of too much consecutive starts.

Old
03-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

I'd rather have Osgood for the playoffs than some unproven rookie who calls in sick because he can't deal with the pressure of too much consecutive starts.
You had a point with Osgood because he has more experienced, then you decided to prove you have no real hockey sense at all and make crap up. Smart move, Einstein.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 11:03 PM
otto bond

Quote:

Granted. Now tell me who you would rather have next year for back up to Osgood?
Conklin? Howard? or the possibilty of Halak?

Old
03-16-2009, 11:25 PM
A1DRIVER*

counter proposal Detroit's team for Montreal's team and a 7th round pick.good value.

A1DRIVER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 11:30 PM
HabsInsideOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1DRIVER View Post
counter proposal Detroit's team for Montreal's team and a 7th round pick.good value.
hmm...make it an 8th

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Matt714*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Granted. Now tell me who you would rather have next year for back up to Osgood?
Conklin? Howard? or the possibilty of Halak?
I want Belfour... or Potvin.

Rights to Hossa could be traded to Montreal and some decent prospect, but he wants to play on Cup-conteder team, and it's a long way to the top if Montreal wants to rock n' roll.

A second rounder and seems like an overpayment for Halak. Hell, we got Hasek for a
1st and Kozlov.

I personally seriously doubt that Hossa is coming back to Detroit. My guess is the Devils since they have been steady for years and can easily give him a 7 million-ish contract.

Last edited by Matt714*: 03-16-2009 at 11:46 PM.