HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mattias Ohlund negotiating rights

Old
03-18-2009, 08:09 PM
miser

vCash: 500
Not worth obtaining his rights, he wants to be a UFA.

miser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Mr Underhill

How about this:

If the Lightning draft Hedman, do you guys think there would be any extra interest or incentive for Ohlund to come to Tampa and work with and mentor Hedman? Them both being Swedish and all.

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
I think the Panthers could get more than that for Bouwmeester. If Timmonen and Hartnell got a first, I think JBO could get the same. If the Panthers aren't able to sign Ohlund, then they traded Bouwmeester for nothing.
No team will give up a 1st round draft pick for an unsigned J-Bo.

You have to also remember that the Flyers traded the 25th overall pick in a weaker 2007 draft at a time when 1st round draft picks weren't as highly valued as they are right now. The cap was moving up and there were no signs that it would drop anytime soon.

A 1st round draft pick has never had more value then it does right now. The only 1st round draft picks that were traded were the SJ pick (which was traded in July 2008) and the Flames 1st round pick (which was traded for Jokinen and a 3rd round pick is coming back to the Flames as well).

If a team is certain that they can sign J-Bo then I can see them willing to give up a late 1st round draft pick but even then it might just make more sense to wait another week and pick him up when free agency starts.

It's going to be real interesting to see what Florida does with J-Bo. It's pretty obvious that unless a miracle happens J-Bo isn't going to sign there and there's no doubt in my mind that Florida WILL trade his rights at or before the draft.

The only question is what can Florida get for his rights.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
The Leafs got zilch from Montreal for Sundin's negotiating rights, but maybe that is just Cliff Fletcher being generous again.
I seem to remember there being an agreement that if Sundin signed, the Leafs would receive a 2nd round pick? But being as it is that Sundin didn't sign, no compensation was delivered...I could be wrong. The Canucks also acquired the rights to negotiate with Michael Ryder, but since he didn't sign, they didn't have to deliver compensation(which I think would have been a 4th rounder or something).

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote