hmm surprisingly, Little didn't even have a SOG. Glad to see other people step up when needed. Enstrom has been great (2 Gs and 5a in the month of March).
Bogosian has been great he is riding a 4 game point streak and he had 4+ shots in all those games.
Salmela has looked great in his first 2 games.
Wow. I came here to say congrats and amazing game by ATL, but that comment is despicable.
So I guess you didn't read the follow up?
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan
Sorry i got a little too frustrated with him. If he pulls something in the 3rd and trys to take out our players, then someone needs to take him out and end the Caps playoff hopes. Not like a cheapshot but like a huge hit like one that Campbell did on Umberger
Ovechkin did nothing wrong. Not one thing. It's called stepping up when no one else on his team would. Leading by example. His team was in the middle of laying a gigantic egg in a game they should win. He's not going to fight anyone, nor should he, to get a spark going. He'd just take himself off the ice for 5 minutes and that's dumb. So he spent a shift hustling and hitting anything near the puck. It was awesome.
The Caps took us lightly tonight. They thought all they had to do was show up and they'd get two points. Someone should kick their advance scout in the ass because we're playing some very good hockey right now. They mailed it in and we postmarked their butts.
Ovechkin did nothing wrong. Not one thing. It's called stepping up when no one else on his team would. ...
I really do agree, for the most part. But either he was trying a bit too hard, or he really does have a mean streak, but he did leave his feet on one of the hits (Reasoner?) and he often leads with his stick. Still, he's an unbelievable player. I'm just glad we shut him down on the scoreboard since we apparently couldn't answer his hits with some nice hits of our own.
I came over to congradulate you folks for your record 6 wins in row, and on the heals of the great Washington Capitals to boot.. We (CBJ) have been stopped at four games in a row 7 times over the last three years...
You guys have taken a ton of crap since getting swept in your first playoff appearance, I pray we do better.
Pittsburgh fan here, have to say I was really impressed by your club tonight. Played great, even without Kovy which was a good thing to see. People laughing about the Hossa deal and "no return" don't realize the type of hockey player Colby Armstrong is; you win cups with players that bring what he does to the rink. Armstrong has impressed me all season on center ice. Good goal keeping, playing well as a team, good to see.
It should be a tough match tomorrow for the Penguins but I sincerely hope your ownership issues get worked out so you can ice a contender and shut up all the "hockey doesn't belong in Atlanta" crowd (we had them saying that about pittsburgh too...). Good luck the rest of this year and next year and lets hope for a good well played game tomorrow night.
* Philips was empty tonight. I could yell from one side of the rink and my friend on the other side could hear me. Without use of a bullhorn.
* Ovechkin was something else. He was just waiting for a puck to get to him so he could try to pot his 50th here. Lehtonen stoned him every time. I hope he gets his milestone, but I'm happy he didn't do it here.
* The lone goal Washington scored wasn't on any of our defenders. Armstrong had a chance to clear the puck out of the zone, but didn't. That allowed the play to continue until the heartbreaking moment.
* The group I was with was one of the first groups to start the Kari chant. His play was downright impressive tonight. D-wad better be on the phone with Kari's agent talking contract extension right now, because his stock just shot way up. One goal on FIFTY shots? .980 SV%. Fear Kari Letnonein.
* Something about Theodore didn't look right. Whenever all the players would clear the ice for the ice girls to clean up, Theodore stayed behind and did stretches. He either wasn't loose enough or might have an injury of some sort. Lucky break for us, of course.
Big thanks to all the other fans who stopped by this thread to congratulate the team. We're thankful that we finally got that five-game-streak monkey off our back. Looking forward to tomorrow night.
Hopefully, none of our players are sexually assaulted this time.
Well everyone, get to dancing in the streets- 6 game winning streak, emergence of Bogosian, Peverley, Little, and Stuart, no Thrashers records held by Holik anymore (aside from thickest skull in franchise history), and a good pick in a solid draft. Who else thinks next season is going to be awesome?