HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Draft Day Trades to come...

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2004, 02:40 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer
Keep in mind, that Forsberg was just another reasonably well regarded European prospect back then. His maturation has been a bit of a surprise if you were to recall how he was regarded. That is, he was not expected to be anywhere comparable to lindros, let alone potentially better! Which he of course clearly is now. I believe he was a 7th pick so there were at least 6 higher expectations before him. What a great pick by the Flyers! I'll bet they wish they'd kept that one!
I think Europeans at that stage were still not as scouted as north americans. Of course with Lindros you always knew he would fit right into the NHL, so he was not a bad #1 (hell, even with all his injury problems he still is a good #1 pick. Was as dominating as any player during the 90s). But Forsberg at that stage was already a very good SEL player and had blown away most of the personal records in the Junior World Championship (including a 31 point JWC in 1993, imagine the hype if Overchin came close to that in a JWC). Think he still has most points and assists in one tourney/overall. And unlike quite a few others he only played two JWC. So it was a good pick by Flyers, or rather a bad pick by a few of those that came before. It was obvious he was going to be a very good player.

Old
03-22-2004, 01:35 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Nope, there are 2 picks in play: the Oilers' second round pick and a compensatory pick from the league due to the Leetch signing. I'm not entirely sure which second round pick the Rags got back but they definitely received one in the deal..
The Rangers received the Leetch compensatory pick, because, everyone is projecting that pick to be around #40.

Old
03-26-2004, 08:43 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05
Pleau would laugh in Milbury's face.

I don't think the Blues will give Pronger a Q offer--so if he was offered 2 players for a guy he was going to let go--he might jump at it.

Old
03-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
I don't think the Blues will give Pronger a Q offer--so if he was offered 2 players for a guy he was going to let go--he might jump at it.
The Blues will Q Pronger, there is no way that they will not do so. You just dont let an asset walk for nothing unless it is a clear $$ dump. The Blues may be losing $$ but there has been no mandate for $$ dump. Considering there is about 10 mil tied up into contract for players that will not be returning, but Blues can will bring back Pronger.

This whole Pronger thing stems from some media idiot saying that Pronger will be traded to the Leafs and took on a life of its own. Now I am not saying that Pronger is completely unavailable, but it will cost a team to get him.

Further, though some say the Blues record is poor and that they have an underacheiving team, they have lost the 2nd most man games to injury. 2 of the top 3 D men have played less then 20 games combined. Bogie, a 20 goal scorer hasn't player much either due to a shoulder injury and now a concussion.

This is all fan speculation and more hope then fact.

Old
03-26-2004, 11:19 AM

If Detroit is going to keep Lidstrom, Colorado keep Blake, then of course the Blues will keep Pronger. However, there were STRONG rumors of Weight and others being dealt at the deadline, and that is much more likely I believe. They may even elect to Q Pronger and at least trade him for some value.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Exactly right. A good GM is a patient and conservative GM.
"Patient" and "conservative" are words that describe Larry Pleau to a "t."

Just an observation...

PrussianBlue

Old
03-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
Martin Gerber will be traded, as I do believe he's an impending RFA.
What would it take to get him?

PrussianBlue

Old
03-26-2004, 07:42 PM
pantherhockey

[QUOTE=osujacket]To either Dallas, Florida, or Pittsburgh

Luke Richardson
Scott Lachance
Andrew Cassels
Tyler Wright

To CBJ

A 5th round pick

The Panthers will take Andrew Cassels for a 5th round pick please!!

Old
03-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
What would it take to get him?

PrussianBlue
A good prospect or pick.

Old
03-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
A good prospect or pick.
What would you call a "good prospect?" I don't think the Blues would be willing to give up, say, a Shkotov or a Backes. Anyone in particular on the Blues' orgainzational roster that interests you, or fills a need for the Ducks?

I also doubt that the Blues will be trading picks, unless they're mid-round picks (fourth round or lower).

PrussianBlue

Old
03-27-2004, 08:38 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
My draft day proposal:

to NYR: M. Biron
to Buffalo: Late 1st round, late 2nd rounder

The Rags overpay for a goalie, but do get a starter for next season.

Old
03-27-2004, 11:32 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
My draft day proposal:

to NYR: M. Biron
to Buffalo: Late 1st round, late 2nd rounder

The Rags overpay for a goalie, but do get a starter for next season.
Will never happen we have Blackburn and Lundquvist that can start and are probably better than Biron. No way we waste a pick, especially a first on a goaltender when we have pressing concerns everywhere else. If you want to ship us Biron for a late 2nd rd pick I don't think we'd pass up on it, especially if Blackburn isn't back in tip top form. Personally I think you are better off moving Noronen since him and Miller are of similiar ages.

Closed Thread