HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Redden Jersey

Old
03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
rangers17

vCash: 500
Redden Jersey

I was at the game yesterday against the flyers when it dawned on me. I must have seen thousands and thousands of Rangers jerseys but did not see one Redden jersey. Now, I can see this happening with some of the other players, such as a guy like Voros. We all know that Voros is not going to be here for long and did not get a contract as long as Reddens. You have to think that all the other guys that get big contracts, such as Drury or Gomez, at least in the beginning until they underperform, sell a few jerseys. Could it be possible that no Wade Redden Rangers jersey has never been sold? I think it's possible. If you have one say it! I'm curious.

rangers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

His wife bought 5.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
It's certainly possible with the high amount of ridiculous hate for the guy that should have stopped months ago.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

I've seen multiple Redden jerseys.

Also I don't think I've ever seen Redden things being sold in the shop, so that would somewhat stunt sales, granted I don't think anyone would buy one anyways.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Also I don't think I've ever seen Redden things being sold in the shop, so that would somewhat stunt sales, granted I don't think anyone would buy one anyways.
The doubleteamed store had jerseys early in the season. Have not seen them since. Dont know who would blow $250 on an authentic Redden jersey

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post

I've seen Redden jerseys on sale at the store when you first walk in to the Garden.
Posted via Mobile Device

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:11 PM
asparkoflife

Ive been to 5 games and haven't seen a Redden jersey. It might have something to do with the fact that he stinks.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:15 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Ive seen a few Redden jerseys..now Rozsvial on the other hand I think I only saw like one in 3 years..

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Nick00

Regardless of his contract and disappointing play, he's just not a very likeable player.
He's not a star player who puts on a show, and he's not a character guy like Sjostrom or Orr.... he's somewhere in between.
He doesn't have much skill or much personality, so why would anyone care about him?

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:28 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Why would someone buy a Redden sweater?Or even a Gomez or Drury sweater?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:33 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The latter two are much more justifiable still. Poor Redden. Oh well, give us something to get excited about and maybe we'll support you.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
No idea, I'd never wear one. He's borderline awful.

As for Gomez and Drury, they've done well since the coaching change. Can't complain about that. I'd wear a Gomez/Drury jersey.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Greg NYR

my buddys girlfriend bought him a redden jersey. he wears it out of the house and then changes his jersey in the car.

Greg NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:56 PM
zaius

i'd love to know the sales #s of his jersey compared to some of the other current rangers.

zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:57 PM
McMonster

I've been to every home game this year and I've seen TWO Redden jerseys. I've even seen an AARON VOROS jersey too...

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:58 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Only 1 and no bids...lol

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmp...dden&_osacat=0

I'd keep an eye on it, it might be a good way to pick up a jersey cheap which you can then change the name and number

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 07:10 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
The latter two are much more justifiable still. Poor Redden. Oh well, give us something to get excited about and maybe we'll support you.
When Mark Messier became a Ranger,I bought a Messier sweater with the 75th anniversary patch. He was my favorite player growing up when he was an Oiler. I still waited until December 1991 to make the investment. If Messier bombed in NY, I didn't want to feel embarrassed to wear his sweater.

Why would someone buy a Gomez or Drury sweater?A former Devil and a former Sabre/Av/Flame. They aren't all time greats who became Rangers.

The worst was Bobby Carpenter. I saw someone wearing his #11 with the Rangers. I was a little kid and I wanted to yell at him, "What is wrong with you?"

Carpenter was the biggest bum to ever play for the Rangers.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 07:19 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers17 View Post
I was at the game yesterday against the flyers when it dawned on me. I must have seen thousands and thousands of Rangers jerseys but did not see one Redden jersey. Now, I can see this happening with some of the other players, such as a guy like Voros. We all know that Voros is not going to be here for long and did not get a contract as long as Reddens. You have to think that all the other guys that get big contracts, such as Drury or Gomez, at least in the beginning until they underperform, sell a few jerseys. Could it be possible that no Wade Redden Rangers jersey has never been sold? I think it's possible. If you have one say it! I'm curious.
I saw one at Nassau Coliseum last game.

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 07:25 PM
asparkoflife

Drury or Gomez are names even border line hockey fans now, thus why their jerseys sell.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 07:32 PM
McMonster

It's a shame how the only Rangers jersey worth buying is a Lundqvist.... some teams have at least 5 or 6 guys that you can choose from.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 07:35 PM
SML

If I saw anyone wearing a Redden jersey, it would tell me all I need to know. Either that guy is Redden's cousin, or he is a complete tool and the mother of all bangdwagon jumping frontrunners. I would think you would wait at least a month before buying a jersey like that, which was more than enough time to tell that us signing Redden was like getting a great deal on some expired milk. Actually, it was like paying twice the regular price for that spoiled milk.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 07:38 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkinFan71 View Post
It's a shame how the only Rangers jersey worth buying is a Lundqvist.... some teams have at least 5 or 6 guys that you can choose from.
There are a few others.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 07:48 PM
DutchShamrock

I was at the game yesterday too and didn't see any Reddens. What surprised me was the amount of Zherdevs at the game. Not really a comment on his play, but he is in the final year of his contract and he isn't exactly lighting it up. Just a curious investment in a jersey in my opinion.

There were a ton, A TON, of Avery jerseys and those guys must have felt like gold walking out of the Garden, especially with a healthy number of Flyer fans in attendance. I did see 1 or 2 Callahan jerseys, which is nice to see. He's my kind of player for putting on a jersey. A bunch of Dubinsky jerseys, no surprise there. I think I saw 1 Girardi.

Not too many Staal jerseys if at all, but I imagine that starting next season there will be a bunch.

A side note... alot of Flyer fans were sporting their retro jersey worn the day before (which is a great jersey by the way) and most of them had Richards. It's just refreshing to go to a game and have something besides a run of the mill black jersey in our arena.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkinFan71 View Post
I would get a Marc Staal sweater. I really wanted one for Prucha, but now I just might buy my first non Ranger sweater. I have some international ones but NHL only Rangers. I like the Yotes sweater anyway.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
When Mark Messier became a Ranger,I bought a Messier sweater with the 75th anniversary patch. He was my favorite player growing up when he was an Oiler. I still waited until December 1991 to make the investment. If Messier bombed in NY, I didn't want to feel embarrassed to wear his sweater.

Why would someone buy a Gomez or Drury sweater?A former Devil and a former Sabre/Av/Flame. They aren't all time greats who became Rangers.

The worst was Bobby Carpenter. I saw someone wearing his #11 with the Rangers. I was a little kid and I wanted to yell at him, "What is wrong with you?"

Carpenter was the biggest bum to ever play for the Rangers.
I have a Drury jersey. I have no shame in saying it, my team to watch other than the Rangers during the dark times were the Av's, I absolutely loved watching Drury, Forsberg, Hejduk, and Blake play. I even got pissed when Colorado traded the guy, it's not as if he's a passionless goober on the ice like Redden. I see no problem in wearing one of my favorite players jerseys.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote