HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St.Patrick's Day Blues---St.Louis @ Edmonton

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2009, 01:59 PM
  #51
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC View Post


Because the idea that this team will finally put it all together tonight is just a "fantasy."

Who's the chick on lead vocals?

Stoneman89 is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:00 PM
  #52
eastcoasteh
Registered User
 
eastcoasteh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
Lineup

19 – 10 – 83
12 – 89 – 21
85 – 13 – 34
18 – 51 – 27

http://www.oilersnation.com/2009/03/...-day-of-green/
Not bad for lines to start the game, except I have no idea why we would play Penner on the fourth and more specifically, why would Reddox be on the 3rd line? I'd rather have Penner play there and insert JFJ or Storts for the 4th line...I'd actually rather have Brule playing in that 3rd line role, but that just sounds crazy..

eastcoasteh is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:07 PM
  #53
OntOilFan
Registered User
 
OntOilFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
Lineup

19 – 10 – 83
12 – 89 – 21
85 – 13 – 34
18 – 51 – 27

http://www.oilersnation.com/2009/03/...-day-of-green/
I don't think there could be a worse use of Andrew Cogliano.

OntOilFan is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:07 PM
  #54
Phaser
Registered User
 
Phaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
I cannot wait to see O'Sullivan on a line with Hemsky
Oilers win 4-3
O'Sullivan scores 2
Gagner and Souray with the others

Phaser is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
  #55
swany
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,169
vCash: 500
As per Sportsnet lines are PattyO, Horc, Hemmer 2nd line of Nilsson, Gags, Kotalik 3rd line of Moreau Cogs Pies and the 4th line of Penner, Brods, Redox all playing in the natural positions

swany is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
  #56
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,180
vCash: 500
The Oilers will switch their PP tonight with Gagner working with Hemsky, Penner, Souray and Grebeshkov on the first unit and Horcoff, Nilsson, O’Sullivan, Gilbert and Kotalik on the 2nd unit.

Best news Ive heard all day.

Soli is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:35 PM
  #57
Bring Back Smyth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
The Oilers will switch their PP tonight with Gagner working with Hemsky, Penner, Souray and Grebeshkov on the first unit and Horcoff, Nilsson, O’Sullivan, Gilbert and Kotalik on the 2nd unit.

Best news Ive heard all day.
Where have you heard that from?

Bring Back Smyth is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:45 PM
  #58
Louis Cypher
Registered User
 
Louis Cypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
As per Sportsnet lines are PattyO, Horc, Hemmer 2nd line of Nilsson, Gags, Kotalik 3rd line of Moreau Cogs Pies and the 4th line of Penner, Brods, Redox all playing in the natural positions
Only until just after the warm-up then its blend and pretend.


Louis Cypher is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:47 PM
  #59
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,448
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC View Post


Because the idea that this team will finally put it all together tonight is just a "fantasy."
I wanted to buy the Laser shooting Les Paul but Avenue Guitar didnt have any.

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
  #60
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer Time View Post
Where have you heard that from?
http://www.oilersnation.com/2009/03/...-day-of-green/

Right before the heading PP HAS TO PRODUCE.

Soli is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:52 PM
  #61
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,448
vCash: 50
Quote:
blend and pretend.
Thats good stuff young man!

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
  #62
theranfordflop
Registered User
 
theranfordflop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
The Oilers will switch their PP tonight with Gagner working with Hemsky, Penner, Souray and Grebeshkov on the first unit and Horcoff, Nilsson, O’Sullivan, Gilbert and Kotalik on the 2nd unit.

Best news Ive heard all day.
Unreal. Exciting news!

Go Oilers!

theranfordflop is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 03:21 PM
  #63
The Human Torch
Registered User
 
The Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,137
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
I don't think there could be a worse use of Andrew Cogliano.
You say that now, but wait until MacT swaps him in at D when he decides that Staios' offensive talent is being wasted on the blue line and slots him in as the 1 line C.

The Human Torch is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
  #64
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,384
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Brad Boyes I Am Crushing Your Head!


3-1 Oil

O'Sullivan, Hemsky, Gilbert

__________________
The Head Crusher is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 03:44 PM
  #65
OntOilFan
Registered User
 
OntOilFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
It would make my St. Patrick's Day to see one or two "Fire MacT" signs at the game tonight.

OntOilFan is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 03:49 PM
  #66
GSC
Registered User
 
GSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Basement
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
It would make my St. Patrick's Day to see one or two "Fire MacT" signs at the game tonight.
Guarantee you won't. Remember the shenanigans that went down in the bowels of Rexall Place when some fans reacted to the Smytty trade with "Fire Lowe" signs? The great, democratic Oiler organization will not allow such dissent and anti-Oiler provocation!

GSC is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
  #67
Ssseth
Registered User
 
Ssseth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
It would make my St. Patrick's Day to see one or two "Fire MacT" signs at the game tonight.
Unfortunately that is very unlikely. The staff at Rexall is much too prudent to allow fans to express their opinion like that. Opinions are way over rated I guess.


Edit: Just beat me to it.

Ssseth is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
  #68
GSC
Registered User
 
GSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Basement
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I wanted to buy the Laser shooting Les Paul but Avenue Guitar didnt have any.
I would declare shenanigans and demand that the store produce Aldo Nova via satellite to confirm.

GSC is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 03:52 PM
  #69
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater
 
KarmaPolice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In Limbo
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,718
vCash: 989
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
5-2 Oilers. O'Sullivan with 2 goals--one on the PP.

KarmaPolice is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 03:57 PM
  #70
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssseth View Post
Unfortunately that is very unlikely. The staff at Rexall is much too prudent to allow fans to express their opinion like that. Opinions are way over rated I guess.


Edit: Just beat me to it.
Bring a sign... write Go Oilers Go! on one side... Bring a sharpie in your pocket... Show up early... Do the other side with Fire MacT... Then wait until the right time to parade the sign around...

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 04:02 PM
  #71
Six in O6
Registered User
 
Six in O6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Just ****ing win in regulation.

Six in O6 is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 04:03 PM
  #72
stlbluesfan
 
stlbluesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St.Louis, MO
Posts: 192
vCash: 500
Tonight is basically a playoff game for both teams so it should be a good one. I dont know much about the Oilers and was wondering who on your team we should be concerned with?

Also, I didnt see it in the opening thread but I would keep an eye on #74 TJ Oshie. There are a lot of Blues fans that think he is our best player because he does everything well and never takes a night off. Just someone to keep an eye on.

stlbluesfan is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 04:05 PM
  #73
Ssseth
Registered User
 
Ssseth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 View Post
Bring a sign... write Go Oilers Go! on one side... Bring a sharpie in your pocket... Show up early... Do the other side with Fire MacT... Then wait until the right time to parade the sign around...
MacGyver, is that you?

That so crazy, it just might work!

Ssseth is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 04:08 PM
  #74
OntOilFan
Registered User
 
OntOilFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbluesfan View Post
Tonight is basically a playoff game for both teams so it should be a good one. I dont know much about the Oilers and was wondering who on your team we should be concerned with?
Hahahahahahahahaha .... oh, you're serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbluesfan View Post
Also, I didnt see it in the opening thread but I would keep an eye on #74 TJ Oshie. There are a lot of Blues fans that think he is our best player because he does everything well and never takes a night off. Just someone to keep an eye on.
Oshie rules.

OntOilFan is offline  
Old
03-17-2009, 04:16 PM
  #75
stlbluesfan
 
stlbluesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St.Louis, MO
Posts: 192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/mor...lues-edmonton/

stlbluesfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.