HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulis and Sundstrom, Were do they fit in our line up?

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2004, 01:04 PM
oli500

vCash: 500
Bulis and Sundstrom, Were do they fit in our line up?

Well Bulis and Sundstrom are due back any time now, and write now I really like are first 3 lines of Richard Zednik,saku koivu,yanik perrault
Micheal Ryder, Mike Ribeiro,Alex Kovalev
Steve Bégin, Jim Dowd, Jason Ward, Those lines at the moment have to stay like that.

Were going to have a problem once those two are healthy and ready to go.
Daren Langdon
Joe Juneau
Jan Bulis
Nicklas Sundstrom
Pierre Dagenais
Andreas Dackell Are all capable of playing on the fourth line. What do we do?
I would go with a defensive line of Sundstrom Juneau Bulis as I think it could compliment well are agitator line. We can also put in Langdon ocasionaly when we need some toughness.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:06 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Juneau and Dackel sit, and have a Bulis(c), sundstrom(rw), langdon(lw) and as the 4th line. That's a crazy 4th line, but sundstrom will extra extra mins on the pk as will Bulis and Bulis can even get extra mins on the PP too. I am sure we will find room. Not to mention if Perrault stops producing(i hope he doesn't) then bulis can take his spot and bring in Juneau.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Well Bulis and Sundstrom are due back any time now, and write now I really like are first 3 lines of Richard Zednik,saku koivu,yanik perrault
Micheal Ryder, Mike Ribeiro,Alex Kovalev
Steve Bégin, Jim Dowd, Jason Ward, Those lines at the moment have to stay like that.

Were going to have a problem once those two are healthy and ready to go.
Daren Langdon
Joe Juneau
Jan Bulis
Nicklas Sundstrom
Pierre Dagenais
Andreas Dackell Are all capable of playing on the fourth line. What do we do?
I would go with a defensive line of Sundstrom Juneau Bulis as I think it could compliment well are agitator line. We can also put in Langdon ocasionaly when we need some toughness.

Or Bulis, Begin, Ward as our third
and Langdon, Dowd, Sundstrom as our fourth

Jeneau and Dackel out. This way we have great speed and grit on both lines.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Traitor8

Depends who we are playinh(if we put Langdon or not):

Zednik-Koivu-Perreault
Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Bulis-Dowd-Ward
Langdon-Begin-Sundstrom
or
Sundstrom-Juneau-Begin

Old
03-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Depends who we are playinh(if we put Langdon or not):

Zednik-Koivu-Perreault
Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Bulis-Dowd-Ward
Langdon-Begin-Sundstrom
or
Sundstrom-Juneau-Begin
I think Begin has to be on the third, he is better than dowd IMO

Old
03-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Orange

I think we're more likely to see such lines :

Bulis - Juneau - Sundstrom
Begin - Dowd - Ward

Not because I like them better, but because I doubt CJ will cut Juneau out of the lineup.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:13 PM
#44_delivers

CJ is not going to tweek the
begin dowd ward <----- this line is playing unbelievable hockey right now CJ wont change it, this is a crazy checking line

bulis juneau sundstrom line <----- this is how i see them fitting in checking/scoring line.

i wouldnt mess with the 1st and 2nd lines there playing some awsome hockey right now.

the 3/4th lines will be playing same time imho so its a crapshoot to call wich one is 3rd and which one is 4th.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:13 PM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
Bulis- Dowd-Begin third line

Old
03-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Juneau and Dackel sit, and have a Bulis(c), sundstrom(rw), langdon(lw) and as the 4th line. That's a crazy 4th line, but sundstrom will extra extra mins on the pk as will Bulis and Bulis can even get extra mins on the PP too. I am sure we will find room. Not to mention if Perrault stops producing(i hope he doesn't) then bulis can take his spot and bring in Juneau.
Bulis cant play C, he really strugled a few years ago at that position.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:20 PM
BJCOLLINS

That checking line Wardo, Begin and Dowd looked good last night vs TO, I can't wait to see where Sunny & Bulis are put but either way its a good problem to have.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Medicine Twin

I'd hate to mess with the 3rd line we have now but...

Zednik - Koivu - Perreault (Let's see if Perreault keeps it up)
Kovalev - Ribeiro - Ryder
Bulis - Dowd - Ward
Sundstrom - Begin - Dackell

Markov - Brisebois
Souray - Quintal
Boullion - Rivet

Old
03-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Aarex

This is what i'd like to see although with 4th im not sure

1st: Zednik,Koivu, Perreault - We cannot break this up, they are much to hot right now
2nd: Ryder, Ribs, kovalev - Superstar Vet guiding the habs young guns.
3rd: Begin, Dowd, Bulis - I like ward, but I can see this line playing GREAT 2 way hockey.
4th: Sunny, Juneau, Ward/Langdon - This im confused...I'd say play Langdon pre-playoffs and see if he keeps holding up defensivly, if he remains just a goon...Ward should get the go in the playoffs.

Last edited by Aarex: 03-14-2004 at 01:48 PM.
Old
03-14-2004, 01:38 PM
jcpenny

Perrault is the reason why we cant find room for bulis. Bégin-Dowd-Bulis should be great. Bulis being an upgrade over Ward while WArd would be on the 4th,

Sundstrom-Juneau-Ward

Old
03-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
Begin, Dowd, Bulis
I was thinking along the same lines: the weak link on the Begin-dowd-ward line is ward: he's just too awkward on that third line. I'd love to see either Bulis or Sunny with Begin and Dowd. What about these two lines:
Begin, Dowd, Sunny
Bulis, Juneau, Dackell

Sunny has played well when he was playing with Begin and Bulis formed our top checking line last season with Juneau and Dackell.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Aarex

While I would agree with sunny on rw, I would just hate to see bulis's skills on 4th line.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Begin-Dowd-Ward will remain intact, it's probably the best 3rd line we've ever had in a long while.

Old
03-14-2004, 01:59 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I think we're more likely to see such lines :

Bulis - Juneau - Sundstrom
Begin - Dowd - Ward

Not because I like them better, but because I doubt CJ will cut Juneau out of the lineup.
I agree. This is a good defensive line that would complement Begin-Dowd-Ward when it comes to top line coverage. All three are skilled players. You can insert Langdon into the lineup as needed. The acquisition of Dowd certainly adds a lot of flexibility.

Last edited by Duster: 03-14-2004 at 02:02 PM.
Old
03-14-2004, 02:13 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
CJ is not going to tweek the
begin dowd ward <----- this line is playing unbelievable hockey right now CJ wont change it, this is a crazy checking line
Except for last night's game, the HABS, never succeeded in closing down the Leaf's Sundin line. It happened in last night's game. Cuddos to them.

This being said Bulis has proven he is a very well balanced two way player. In the past, he has played very well in a role of third liner. His place is not on the 4th line.

Begin earlier in the year replaced Juneau on the 3rd line and was amazing. He is currently doing it again.

Sundstrom was doing a great job before he got injured.

My 3rd line would be

Bulis,Begin,Sundstrom

My 4th line would be:

Juneau (Langdon against grittier opponents),Dowd, Ward

Juneau is a very responsible player. Extra centers are always valuable.

Dowd is used to spot duty and could at the same time be effective releif for Begin if he is having an off night.

Ward has proven he could fill in adequately at a moments notice on the 2nd and 3rd lines. He is used to the 4th line (this would not be a demotion) and he is very good on the PK.

Old
03-14-2004, 02:25 PM
jcpenny

Dowd is our third line center so guys dont bother putting him on the 4th. He's simply stronger and grittier than Juneau and thats why Sundin couldnt do squat yesterday.

Old
03-14-2004, 02:25 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughstuff
Except for last night's game, the HABS, never succeeded in closing down the Leaf's Sundin line. It happened in last night's game. Cuddos to them.

This being said Bulis has proven he is a very well balanced two way player. In the past, he has played very well in a role of third liner. His place is not on the 4th line.

Begin earlier in the year replaced Juneau on the 3rd line and was amazing. He is currently doing it again.

Sundstrom was doing a great job before he got injured.

My 3rd line would be

Bulis,Begin,Sundstrom

My 4th line would be:

Juneau (Langdon against grittier opponents),Dowd, Ward

Juneau is a very responsible player. Extra centers are always valuable.

Dowd is used to spot duty and could at the same time be effective releif for Begin if he is having an off night.

Ward has proven he could fill in adequately at a moments notice on the 2nd and 3rd lines. He is used to the 4th line (this would not be a demotion) and he is very good on the PK.
i think you totally missunderstood my post.
once bulis and sunny come back there wont really be a 3rd or 4th line they'll play very equal minutes imho.
bulis juneau sunny line would be tagged as our 3rd line but the begin dowd ward line would play just as many minutes, so the importance one puts in calling a line 3rd or 4th is quite irrelavent.
what CJ will do is play the 1st and 2nd line equally. the 3rd and 4th line will get equal time as well, so which line you call your 3rd and which your 4th has no meaning really.
he'll put 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines.

BTW i too am not a fan of juneau but it seems to me CJ is and thats what counts.

Old
03-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Tuggy

Bulis will replace Perrault on the 1st line. People will say that the first line is red hot, which I agree with. But the fact of the matter is that Perrault has contributed very little besides scoring a goal after hard work from his linemates. As effective as they have been, I think they can be even BETTER with Bulis. This is how I see it on Tuesday, if Bulis plays of course:

Bulis-Koivu-Zednik
Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Begin-Dowd-Ward
Dackell-Juneau-Perrault/Langdon

Old
03-14-2004, 03:11 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
i think you totally missunderstood my post.
once bulis and sunny come back there wont really be a 3rd or 4th line they'll play very equal minutes imho.
bulis juneau sunny line would be tagged as our 3rd line but the begin dowd ward line would play just as many minutes, so the importance one puts in calling a line 3rd or 4th is quite irrelavent.
what CJ will do is play the 1st and 2nd line equally. the 3rd and 4th line will get equal time as well, so which line you call your 3rd and which your 4th has no meaning really.
he'll put 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines.

BTW i too am not a fan of juneau but it seems to me CJ is and thats what counts.

Theoritically speaking, I agree with you. But there will be circumstances which require that CJ shorten his bench. When this happens there will be a distinction between your 3rd and 4th lines.

Old
03-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Tuggy

Bulis has the skills to be a top line player!!!

Old
03-14-2004, 03:17 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Bulis will replace Perrault on the 1st line. People will say that the first line is red hot, which I agree with. But the fact of the matter is that Perrault has contributed very little besides scoring a goal after hard work from his linemates. As effective as they have been, I think they can be even BETTER with Bulis. This is how I see it on Tuesday, if Bulis plays of course:

Bulis-Koivu-Zednik
Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Begin-Dowd-Ward
Dackell-Juneau-Perrault/Langdon

As much as I like Bulis, I see him contributing much more in a defensive role in the stretch run. He has not been able to jump on his opportunities while his stay on the first line. This will come and haunt him.

When and if Perreault falters. Perreault will then come out of the lineup and Dagenais will come in Kovalev's position and as experience has proven he will excel for 3 to 4 games. And then someone else will come in a releive as the HABS have done all year.

Old
03-14-2004, 03:17 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

I don't think Julien will make changes with this third line. Jim Dowd has been doing great with Begin and Ward. These guys deserve a lot of credit for stopping the Sundin line last night, and yet they don't it. I'm sure Julien knows it pretty well: these three guys are doing a heckuva job.

What I'd to see is a third line made of Bulis on the left wing, Juneau as the centerman and Sundstrom on the right side. All three have decent skating (even Juneau can skate fairly good for his age) while providing good defensive awareness. This line would also have the capacity of creating scoring chances, as Sundstrom makes good passes, and Bulis is able to create scoring opportunities for himself and his linemates.

Then, as I said, I'd have the Dowd line moved down to 4th line... well, a 4th line getting decent ice time IMO.

Closed Thread