HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Fight Night Round 4 (Game is Now Out, so go buy it and let me KYTFO)

Old
07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Tall guys you have to commit to the body and mix in a generous dose of uppercuts. And if your punching is weak, attack the heavy bag in training. That's what it's there for.
I know, I'm just saying that as a player, getting inside is my weakest area. Especially with guys with good hand speed, because they block me fierce and then pop me in jaw. I'd be going down all the time if the only training sessions that I could get champion on are the two sparring ones. Iron chin!

I'm going to start a new career with a tall guy and focus on outside fighting. I have a lot more fun throwing the jab than throwing those wild hooks and body shots.

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 01:38 PM
korqeldroma

It's taken some time, and three different boxers, but i finally won the middleweight title last night.

Does anyone have any tips how to max out their scores in training with the two heavy bags? The rest I can do, but those two just baffle me.

korqeldroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2009, 04:41 PM
norrisnick

The combo one still gets me as hooks and uppers sometimes switch up on me (my left is at 83 and a my right at 100). The push, it's just stay calm throw 2-3 hooks with a little break. Don't queue up too many. The sheer randomness of the high/low switch is maddening as sometimes it just flashes so you miss high when it's low, you react to punch low and before it hits, the target is back high so you've just mis-hit about 3-4 punches. The spacing is important too. If you get full extension on the punch you move it further. And a nice steady rhythm can get the back sliding quite a way before it slows down around the 6-7K mark.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 10:04 PM
korqeldroma

I've had a good past two days in the ring. I moved up to the light heavy class, won all three titles (quickly, too) and now have the chore of trying to get to 70-7 to get the GOAT. Did I mention that my skills are starting to slide, albeit slowly?

korqeldroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Eric Sachs

I have finally returned this game and am now done with it. I don't think I'll be buying it. Doesn't have enough depth and the gameplay wont keep me coming back to it for a few months. Not a bad game just not enough content in there.

Eric Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Big bump haha. I just got the game on Sunday.

My Legacy Mode:

I am 24-0 right now with 17 or so KOs. I'm ranked 9th in the heavyweight division but I am basically picking and choosing my fights until I get my ratings up. My only attributes that really compare to some guys in the top ten are:

Left hand power: 86
Punch Accuracy: 95
Chin: 82
Stamina: 88
And 1 or 2 things that I am forgetting.
My cuts and swelling are also far superior to all of them because I am younger (25).

I try challenging myself by picking guys that are around my overall. I am a 79 and I try to get guys that are 75-82 approximately. I try to stay away from guys with amazing power (in the 90s). I am just trying to increase my ratings. Do you guys think that I can stick around my position (rank 9) for another two years or so? That way I can get my ratings up to par with these guys and I'll be around the age of 28, entering my "prime".

Basement Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
You should have started in lower weight classes and then won those then moved up to heavyweight so you can reach G.O.A.T status

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
You should have started in lower weight classes and then won those then moved up to heavyweight so you can reach G.O.A.T status
Well I just wanted to get acclimated to the game and I wanted to create a Tyson type guy. I am a 6'0" 240lbs. brawler. It is quite fun.

Any comment on my message though?

Old
05-13-2010, 05:21 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
I don't see why you would want to stick around rank 9 just to even up the overall ratings with those around you? you don't need to be similar rating to beat the champs on it, especially if you aren't playing max difficulty which I assume you aren't.

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2010, 06:04 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
I don't see why you would want to stick around rank 9 just to even up the overall ratings with those around you? you don't need to be similar rating to beat the champs on it, especially if you aren't playing max difficulty which I assume you aren't.
Nope, I play on Pro.