HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The diminishing skills of Simon Gagne

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2009, 01:10 PM
forzanerazzurri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
The likelihood that he will make that team is zero.

ZERO
I can tell you don't live in Canada, watch canadian tv, read Canadian newspapers and are completely out of touch with Canadian hockey. Hockey journalists and hockey people in Canada have been pumped for this olympic and teams have been "picked" almost weekly in the media. Every forecast team has had Simon gagne as an indepensible lock. Wake up bro. If you think there are other players who are better then I'm glad you are not picking the team. You cant just pick the best 20 players out there for this type of team. It is not an all star game. You need to consider your needs, chemistry, defense, etc. He is a lock for the team. End of discussion.

Old
03-18-2009, 01:20 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanerazzurri View Post
I can tell you don't live in Canada, watch canadian tv, read Canadian newspapers and are completely out of touch with Canadian hockey. Hockey journalists and hockey people in Canada have been pumped for this olympic and teams have been "picked" almost weekly in the media. Every forecast team has had Simon gagne as an indepensible lock. Wake up bro. If you think there are other players who are better then I'm glad you are not picking the team. You cant just pick the best 20 players out there for this type of team. It is not an all star game. You need to consider your needs, chemistry, defense, etc. He is a lock for the team. End of discussion.
What the most common Team Canada according to Canadian press?

I wonder how many Flyers will make it.

Old
03-18-2009, 01:21 PM
hockeyguy10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
What the most common Team Canada according to Canadian press?

I wonder how many Flyers will make it.
Most of them have Gagne, Richards and Carter. i saw a few without Carter but all of them have had Gagne and Richards. I would not be suprised if all 3 made it. Infact it wouldnt make sense if they didnt.

Old
03-18-2009, 01:23 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy10 View Post
Most of them have Gagne, Richards and Carter. i saw a few without Carter but all of them have had Gagne and Richards.
Cool. It's hard to fit Carter unless you put him on the wing I guess. Center is a deep position, haha.

Old
03-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
In case it was missed...

Quote:

ZERO
I'm curious to see who you would pencil in as Team Canada's starting roster for the 2010 Olympics.

Seperate from the starting lineup, add 5 reserves in a seperate list.

Old
03-18-2009, 01:28 PM
hockeyguy10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Cool. It's hard to fit Carter unless you put him on the wing I guess. Center is a deep position, haha.
Ya he would defanetely be playing the wing. One line combo I saw would be Gagne-Crosby-Carter with Richards centering Morrow and Doan on the 4th line. Another one had Gagne-Thornton-Iginla and Nash-Crosby/Getzlaf-Carter. Quite a few options and all put in good spots to succeed.

Old
03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
forzanerazzurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy10 View Post
Ya he would defanetely be playing the wing. One line combo I saw would be Gagne-Crosby-Carter with Richards centering Morrow and Doan on the 4th line. Another one had Gagne-Thornton-Iginla and Nash-Crosby/Getzlaf-Carter. Quite a few options and all put in good spots to succeed.
Yep, every lineup I've seen has carter playing wing. He would most likely play with getzlaf. Coburn is on the reserves list for dmen too so there could be 4 flyers on the team.

Old
03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
I'm not sure that really matters. They have their little slips of paper that they read, someone types 'em up and hands 'em out.

The people who do NBC and Versus games say Randy Jones is solid, too, right?
Think you missed my point. You think this is just Flyer fans who believe he is going to be on Team Canada? Think these are just "homer comments?"

Old
03-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
I'm curious to see who you would pencil in as Team Canada's starting roster for the 2010 Olympics.

Seperate from the starting lineup, add 5 reserves in a seperate list.
Well as far as Left wings go I cant think of many Canadians better than Gagne.

Nash
Gagne
Cammalleri
Doan
Marleau

Not a chance Gags doesnt make the team. Can we please store that post somewhere so we can rub it in JXC's face later?

Old
03-18-2009, 02:02 PM
zamboni88

I started this thread and wanted to point out Gagne's skills are diminishing. I never said he was a poor player, but I have seen a significant drop off in his game. At some point Holgrem will need to consider moving him while he has value - If he makes it through this season with no additional concussions, I think that his value will never be higher than on draft day 2009.

I am a big Gagne fan, but a bigger Flyers fan.

Old
03-18-2009, 02:02 PM
McNasty

25th in points, despite missing a couple of games. +23, plays in all situations. I'm not sure what exactly has diminished. He still misses the net frequently, however his passing has greatly improved. He has been off a bit lately, but still managed a 6 game point streak that ended last night. The only thing diminishing with Gagne is his spotlight, the only reason we don't talk about him as much is because of how good Richards and Carter have been.

Old
03-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni88 View Post
I started this thread and wanted to point out Gagne's skills are diminishing. I never said he was a poor player, but I have seen a significant drop off in his game. At some point Holgrem will need to consider moving him while he has value - If he makes it through this season with no additional concussions, I think that his value will never be higher than on draft day 2009.

Forget that I think you're off base with your analysis...

You know he has a NTC, right?

Old
03-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:

Find me a few other point per game players at 5.25 million other than savard for boston.

Old
03-18-2009, 02:13 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:

ZERO
Gagne will be on the team. Canada lacks natural wingers and hes been there twice already

Old
03-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:

Did you ever think to yourself that maybe hes just becoming a more rounded player? Gagne for the first 7 years of his career was very one dimentional offensively, hes become not only a scoring threat but a great passer. I dont get it, are you just so blind that you cant tell if a player is good unless he scores 40 goals? Gagne used to shoot from everywhere and anywhere. He was just like Carter, he didnt ever see a shot he didnt like. Now he picks his spots and shoots at the right time. He has taken a significantly less amount of shots and cut off the bad angle shots and because of that his shooting % has gone up. If gagne took 300 shots a year like he used to he would easily have 40 goals this year but instead hes dishing it off to richards and Knuble, that line may finish the season with THREE 30 goal scorers which is unheard of.

05-06 - 47 goals - 334 shots - .141 shooting %
06-07 - 41 goals - 291 shots - .141 shooting %
08-09 - 27 goals - 173 shots - .156 shooting %

Old
03-18-2009, 03:15 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Gags makes a bad defensive play says the guy with the Jones avy.
Get over yourself, and stop being a homer.

Can we lock this thread. This is stupid.
lmfao this

Old
03-18-2009, 03:33 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
sorry guys dont want to start a flame fest.

Closed Thread