HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this team capable of playing a perfect game?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2009, 09:24 PM
  #1
nyrangersfan39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Warsaw
Country: United States
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Is this team capable of playing a perfect game?

First "nice" win against the Habs but it should've been over after NYR scored the 3rd goal.

Now, as much as I love Henk, I'm so sick of D's inconsistency and soft goals. Is this team really capable of putting together one nearly perfect game? His shutouts been decreased so much that I'll be shocked if he even gets one more this year. It p.os me off. when Henks playing well, D breaks down. This happened numerous times thus preventing him from getting a shutout.

Vice versa, when D's playing well, Henk just lets in a soft one like he did against the Habs. Granted, bad play by Drury, but as a goalie, you have to stop that. If this is like the rare occasion I won't be as mad. Bad goals go in period. But, this has been one of the themes this year; even Lehtonen, Hillier, Quick, Anderson, Mason have more SOs than Henk.

I just would like to witness this team playing a nearly perfect game at least once b4 the playoffs (if they can make it). Perhaps against the Sens when I'm at the game with my #30 sweater

nyrangersfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM
  #2
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,090
vCash: 500
No team is perfect. Ever. Don't forget that there's another team out there trying just as hard to win as the Rangers. Every time montreal came back, the Rangers responded and got the 2 points. That's all that really matters.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:29 PM
  #3
BwayBshirt
Registered User
 
BwayBshirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My NY State of Mind
Country: United States
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan39 View Post
First "nice" win against the Habs but it should've been over after NYR scored the 3rd goal.

Now, as much as I love Henk, I'm so sick of D's inconsistency and soft goals. Is this team really capable of putting together one nearly perfect game? His shutouts been decreased so much that I'll be shocked if he even gets one more this year. It p.os me off. when Henks playing well, D breaks down. This happened numerous times thus preventing him from getting a shutout.

Vice versa, when D's playing well, Henk just lets in a soft one like he did against the Habs. Granted, bad play by Drury, but as a goalie, you have to stop that. If this is like the rare occasion I won't be as mad. Bad goals go in period. But, this has been one of the themes this year; even Lehtonen, Hillier, Quick, Anderson, Mason have more SOs than Henk.

I just would like to witness this team playing a nearly perfect game at least once b4 the playoffs (if they can make it). Perhaps against the Sens when I'm at the game with my #30 sweater

Valid point and something I thought about during that 3rd period.

That said, my advice: don't sweat small details this time of year.

And remember the Avs' game btw?

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:30 PM
  #4
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 50
Awards:
No. There may be a handful of "perfect games" each year, and I don't think this team is capable of throwing one.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:34 PM
  #5
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,671
vCash: 500
Seriously, don't expect any perfect games when you're playing a team battling for the playoffs.. and especially Montreal at the Bell.


Little adversity can't hurt

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:45 PM
  #6
Unk
 
Unk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In A Better Place
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
I think I'm more impressed seeing this team win an imperfect game than a perfect game. Something like say, a 3-1 regulation win or one of those 7-0 wonders would've been nice, but as ThirdEye says, adversity doesn't work; it'll help team in the long run. The team's gotta win those tough games like this, just a pity we had to go through a shootout.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:48 PM
  #7
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 500
Excluding Lundqvist, that was one of the most perfect games a team could play.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:49 PM
  #8
Black Aces
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Excluding Lundqvist, that was one of the most perfect games a team could play.
Can't call it perfect with so many 2 on 1's against.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:51 PM
  #9
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Can't call it perfect with so many 2 on 1's against.
Recoveries were perfect. Scoring chances were down tremendously with extreme high offensive pressure countered.

I agree there were one-too-many 2-on-1's, however, that's the system the team is going to play.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
  #10
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Excluding Lundqvist, that was one of the most perfect games a team could play.
We committed some silly turnovers, took some bad penalties and got caught out of position leading to numerous odd-man rushes. Teams get a lot closer to perfection than what we just saw.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:55 PM
  #11
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We committed some silly turnovers, took some bad penalties and got caught out of position leading to numerous odd-man rushes. Teams get a lot closer to perfection than what we just saw.
You can blame Mr. McReary for that. Or the Montreal fans.

Calls were heavily favored for Montreal tonight.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:58 PM
  #12
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
You can blame Mr. McReary for that. Or the Montreal fans.

Calls were heavily favored for Montreal tonight.
An obvious high-stick on Redden. A blatant trip by Gomez. A puck shot over the glass in our own end. How are those penalties the fault of anyone but ourselves?

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 10:00 PM
  #13
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Recoveries were perfect. Scoring chances were down tremendously with extreme high offensive pressure countered.
Girardi got schooled on that second goal... and Kovalev was left absolutely alone on that goal he scored. He practically the only one on that side of the ice.

I thought offensively they played a perfect game, but defensively they were almost there but not quite.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 10:00 PM
  #14
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
An obvious high-stick on Redden. A blatant trip by Gomez. A puck shot over the glass in our own end. How are those penalties the fault of anyone but ourselves?
While those penalties might be obvious fouls, Montreal commited quite a few themselves on very similar plays that went unnoticed. Avery elbow anyone? Drury interference? High stick on Girardi? Goalie Interference on whatever-the-frenchies name is up there?

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 10:01 PM
  #15
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
While those penalties might be obvious fouls, Montreal commited quite a few themselves on very similar plays that went unnoticed. Avery elbow anyone? Drury interference? High stick on Girardi? Goalie Interference on whatever-the-frenchies name is up there?
I'm not disputing that. I'm saying we weren't perfect, and pretty far from it actually.

Look, it was a good win. A good, but slightly sloppy win.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 10:01 PM
  #16
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Girardi got schooled on that second goal... and Kovalev was left absolutely alone on that goal he scored. He practically the only one on that side of the ice.

I thought offensively they played a perfect game, but defensively they were almost there but not quite.
Kovalev goal was natural talent. Brilliant pass. Wish we had someone who could do that. Nobody to blame there.

Girardi to blame for that particular one.

And the third one, my oh my... Lundqvist. Not all star caliber there.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 07:56 AM
  #17
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Kovalev goal was natural talent. Brilliant pass. Wish we had someone who could do that. Nobody to blame there.
Except he beat Henke on short side right above the glove. Bad goal. The only excuse i could make is that he was moving and didn't have enough time to set, but good goalies have enough time and Henrick is the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Girardi to blame for that particular one.
Blame Dan for what, again? For another goal above the glove his goalie let? Henrick was square to the shooter. Any other goalie in the league would catch that. It is not easy for any shooter to hit top right corner, but if you did, you've got the goal against Rangers most of the time. That's how it is now. We are fortunate that Kostitsin miss that corner in the SO, he was clearly going there and had a green light from our famous G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
And the third one, my oh my... Lundqvist. Not all star caliber there.
That goal wasn't a big deal, IMO. Just happen in very inappropriate time. Stuff like that happens, but unlike high glove let down it will not reoccur any time soon.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 08:55 AM
  #18
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,158
vCash: 500
Considering we never leave Montreal with a point, the end results we're right on the money this time of year.

This is not a perfect team, big shocker there.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.