HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dear John

Old
03-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Dear John

Please, please, please remove Sjostrom from the third line. He's utterly worthless.

Speed is the only thing that keeps him in this league.

You are shafting Korpedo.

That is my only request, great job otherwise.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Black Aces

I like Sjo and think he is valuable to this team.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:52 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Yeah, worthless. Other than forming half of the best PK tandem in the league.

I agree that Korpikoski should swap with Sjostrom on the third line, but Freddie Shoe is far from a useless player.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

I agree that Korpikoski should swap with Sjostrom on the third line, but Freddie Shoe is far from a useless player.
Any retard with a half a brain could play on a penalty kill, IMO. Guts and effort is all it is.

Obviously you can't throw Antropov or Orr out there, but a LEGIT skater can play on a penalty kill, and after 10+ shifts in doing so, would learn it quite well.

Old
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Actually I thought Sjostrom played great tonight.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:55 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

I don't think Sjo is worthless, but, I'd like to see Korpikoski with Dubi and Callahan on the 3rd line.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ThirdEye

Quote:

I agree. Just recently he scored some big goals for us. Korpikoski will get his chance when he shows Tortorella a little bit more

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Any retard with a half a brain could play on a penalty kill, IMO. Guts and effort is all it is.

Obviously you can't throw Antropov or Orr out there, but a LEGIT skater can play on a penalty kill, and after 10+ shifts in doing so, would learn it quite well.
Hahah, okay.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
levski87

I actually think Sjostrom does a better job on the 3rd line. He's stronger in the corners, has a great pass and can see the play occur. He doesn't make a dumb play and he has a decent wrister. Whats wrong with him?

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
I actually think Sjostrom does a better job on the 3rd line. He's stronger in the corners, has a great pass and can see the play occur. He doesn't make a dumb play and he has a decent wrister. Whats wrong with him?
Too used to the board work that he does with Orr and Betts. Is more utilized with Orr and Betts. Third line is not supposed to play like the fourth line and he's making them.

Korpedo opens space for Dubinsky to break that goal scoring drought, can pass (Sjostrom can't for his life), and has a hell of a better shot.

Old
03-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:

Antropov is actually a very good PK'er and was on Toronto's top unit....

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 10:05 PM
levski87

Quote:
Too used to the board work that he does with Orr and Betts. Is more utilized with Orr and Betts. Third line is not supposed to play like the fourth line and he's making them.

Korpedo opens space for Dubinsky to break that goal scoring drought, can pass (Sjostrom can't for his life), and has a hell of a better shot.
If he has a hell of a better shot then why is Sjostom leading in goals?... Also in the passing regards, I think they are pretty even at that. I dont think Sjo is a horrible passer.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
If he has a hell of a better shot then why is Sjostom leading in goals?... Also in the passing regards, I think they are pretty even at that. I dont think Sjo is a horrible passer.
Quit reading stats and be a realist. Use your eyes. Korpedo is a rookie. He has the edge in both categories. Can PK just as good. And is more physical.

Old
03-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Vitto79

I like Sjo alot. he is fast , brings energy , he has 7 goals for a PK/4th liner ............I like Korps too but whatever combo works to make this team win is cool with me

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 11:28 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:

So Betts and Sjostrom are the 2 gutsiest players in the NHL? If that's all it took then why is there such a huge gap between the Rangers and half of the league?

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
guts and effort hey? yeah, we don't want those guys.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 12:20 AM
trilobyte

Shouldn't Orr be rotated in and out as required, depending on the opponent? Great team player, but what exactly is his role?

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 12:25 AM
trilobyte

I like Korpikoski, but he has been uneven. Don't try to make him play centre, that would be a start, but still, it would be crazy to say he is a 'sjo'-in. <har har>

I'd like to see Freddy get more time. His talent could really help us. What team prepares against fast freddy? Nobody even has him on their radar, why not give him the opportunity to surprise people. He doesn't let down defensively, and that is always a plus.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Dear John,

I hope you stay far away from this board. You'll find a few posters who remind you of some of your favorite reporters.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 01:05 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Did somebody hack his acc and make this thread?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 01:05 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:

Wow!! I'm shocked. Playing defensive hockey as a forward is very difficult. Blocking shots, breaking up passes, forcing and pressuring the point men on the pk. How would you like to get in front of these blistering slap shots from your blue line. As a matter of fact it takes more than a retard with half a brain to be a real solid defensive forward. A Selke Trophy is just as difficult to win than any other trophy. It takes more than guts and effort to shut down the opposition. It takes plenty of skill, guts and hard work. It certainly takes more than being a "retard with guts and effort." I really think you underestimate the skill level of the opposing teams top players in this league.

The guy who coached the Canadians tonight (Bob Gainey) not only made a living playing the type of hockey that Sjostrom plays, but with 4 Selke trophies, he's in the Hockey Hall of Fame. To say it takes guts is an understatement. I mean you use the those words very nonchalantly. I like Korpikoski as well but right now, I mean how much better is he than Sjostrom at both ends of the ice? It's is rookie year and it's not like he's exactly blowing Sjostrom out of the water with his offensive play. He will get more than enough time playing on another line and proving himself as a goal scorer.

Right now I just think Sjostrom is getting rewarded for his all around terrific play, which not only includes killing penalties, fore checking hard, and providing a lot of energy. I think he's stronger along the boards than a lot of people give him credit for.
IDK, why Sjostrom shouldn't be rewarded and promoted to another line. His shg put the "nail in the coffin"not only at Nashville, but 2 days later he came back with another huge goal, showing a great effort battling behind the Philadelphia net and scoring on a beautiful wrap around against Niittymaki.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 01:13 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Nothing actually.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 01:15 AM
pavvento

I'm not even to get too far into some of the comments, because if you ask me the one who made the comment along the lines of 'any half retarded player...' surely qualifies for the PK in my opinion (maybe they'll let you try out!)

Torts system is perfect for Freddy, he can aggressively forecheck and create chances, and he's responsible.

Aside from the lovefest people have with our prospects, has Korpedo really, and I mean REALLY proved that he is much better right now than Freddy?

Does he have natural talent, absolutely, but I don't think that he's completely separated himself from many players on this team.

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 01:17 AM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Shouldn't Orr be rotated in and out as required, depending on the opponent? Great team player, but what exactly is his role?
With Who Voros? Orr atleast has a skill set.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

this.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote