HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo-Vancouver

Old
03-18-2009, 04:14 PM
ahmon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthropyre View Post
I still don't think Bieksa is a legit #1 D-man. I much prefer Salo, if only he wasn't glass. Bieksa makes way to many mistakes in all zones of the ice, and tends to get caught pinching, alot. He plays tough and usually gets the shots through, but I think Salo just does everything well when he's healthy.
no kidding salo is better all around

but thats like saying i much prefer a mercedes than a mazda, if only it wasn't so expensive.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 04:17 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthropyre View Post
I still don't think Bieksa is a legit #1 D-man. I much prefer Salo, if only he wasn't glass. Bieksa makes way to many mistakes in all zones of the ice, and tends to get caught pinching, alot. He plays tough and usually gets the shots through, but I think Salo just does everything well when he's healthy.
Top pairing doesn't mean #1, it means a 23+ minute-a-night guy who plays (well) in all situations. Salo is by far the most dependable defenseman for Vancouver both offensively and defensively, but he is so injury prone it is tough to fairly rate him.

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
Top pairing doesn't mean #1, it means a 23+ minute-a-night guy who plays (well) in all situations. Salo is by far the most dependable defenseman for Vancouver both offensively and defensively, but he is so injury prone it is tough to fairly rate him.
Sounds like the ongoing debate we've been having about Connolly all season. PPG player when healthy.

Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 11:54 AM
WeWillRiseAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Nope. Bieksa is our best defenseman.
nope when healthy salo is our best defenseman

WeWillRiseAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 01:56 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n View Post
Sounds like the ongoing debate we've been having about Connolly all season. PPG player when healthy.
Similar, for sure.

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 02:05 PM
OlliMackBjugStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillRiseAgain View Post
nope when healthy salo is our best defenseman
im going to disagree ... maybe in some games, he plays better than Bieksa, but when it comes to who is the one dman we would keep over all others, its Bieksa and not even close.

Kesler and Bieksa are the heart and soul of the team. Salo is an interchangable piece of the machine, but the other two cant be replaced.

OlliMackBjugStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Kencaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
That would hurt us a lot losing Bieksa.. But IF we lost the twins, I'd consider a straight one for one swap.. Although I'd rather go for a center if were trading Bieksa.

We'd have so much cap space losing Bieksa, the twins, and Ohlund... We could easily make a pitch for J-Bo along with another big name, Gaborik comes to mind. Being optimistic would be Hossa, but I wouldn' count on him coming to Van...

Burrows(2)-Sundin(6)-Pominville(5.3)
Gaborik(6)-Kesler(1.75)-Demitra(4)
Moen(1.2)-Hodgson(1.8)-Bernier(2)
Hordichuk-Johnson-Hansen(0.75)/Raymond
Hansen/Raymond

Bouwmeester(6)-Mitchell
Salo-Edler
O'Brien-BLANK(1)
BLANK(0.75)

Luongo(6)
BLANK(0.75)

Cap Hit: 60mil

Well.. Doesn't quite work haha..
Also note that wasnt sundin offered 10mil over 2 years but only signed for 10 mil for one year, which when he signed ended up being 5-6mil. So as already stated, add 2-3 mil for gabs and j-bo, then 4M more for sundin assuming he is offered the same contract.

With that said, assuming anything with sundin seems crazy these days

Kencaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 10:23 PM
WeWillRiseAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Tytan View Post
im going to disagree ... maybe in some games, he plays better than Bieksa, but when it comes to who is the one dman we would keep over all others, its Bieksa and not even close.

Kesler and Bieksa are the heart and soul of the team. Salo is an interchangable piece of the machine, but the other two cant be replaced.
well if we r talking down the road, yes it would be bieksa even though imo he is not a #1 defenseman.

But for this season, salo and mitchell both have been alot better than bieksa

WeWillRiseAgain is offline   Reply With Quote