HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

30 Day Warranty Nightmare!

Old
03-13-2009, 01:23 PM
RangerSteve

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
30 Day Warranty Nightmare!

Okay, so let me start this off by saying that this thread is not to slam a specific company or to come off crying like a big baby.

At the end of December, my Warrior Kronik had snapped at the kick point once I wound up for a slapshot. I ran home and luckily I kept my receipt, and the stick was within the 30 day warranty. I contacted Warrior via their website, filled out the proper information then received a return authorization number. After sending the stick to their Return's Department, I patiently waited on the status of a new stick.

I would call here and there to see that status of my stick. The company said they would be sending me a Dolomite Spyne Non-Grip 100 Flex Kovalchuk curve as compensation for the Kronik snapping. Since late January, I've been told by numerous customer service reps to check back each week(which I have done). I decided to call up 2x this week. The lady stated that the stick would be coming in on March 18, 2009. I decide to call a 2nd time, and the gentleman on the phone tells me that someone in their Returns Department changed my order to a GRIP Spyne and mentions that the Non-Grip will be in March 30, 2009.

I guess beggers can't be choosers, but am I over reacting? Am I completely wrong for being ticked off? Long story short I have NEVER had to deal with something like this. I understand that the orders are out of the hands of those who work in their customer service department, but to be told 3 different things was absurd. Am I office base by feeling as if the stick was changed just to 'shut me up'?

Has anyone else gone through any type of situation like this?

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 03:04 PM
87vert

I think that we should be grateful that they give us any type of warranty.

Seems like the stick is out of stock. Im guessing they are probably going to send you one of the '09 models.

You can probably still request the non-grip if you want. Probably would just have to wait until the 30th like they said for them to get instock.

87vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 01:52 AM
mucker*

Sorry to hear.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 02:01 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

The long wait sucks, I've heard of some long waits with Easton warranty replacements too.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 11:02 AM
qwertysac

I bought a one70... 30 day warranty. After about a month it broke.

I called the store to check their warranty/return policy, they said i have to check with the manufacturer directly.

So i get in touch with nikebauer and they ask me for my receipt. I check the date of purchase. It's been 34 days since i bought the stick.

4 days over warranty, its void. They don't want to hear anything about it. What a ripoff.

So ****ing pissed!

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 11:44 AM
rinkrat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertysac View Post
I bought a one70... 30 day warranty. After about a month it broke.

I called the store to check their warranty/return policy, they said i have to check with the manufacturer directly.

So i get in touch with nikebauer and they ask me for my receipt. I check the date of purchase. It's been 34 days since i bought the stick.

4 days over warranty, its void. They don't want to hear anything about it. What a ripoff.

So ****ing pissed!
same thing happened to me 35 day old vapor xxxx. they told me sorry too bad. 200 bucks for a stick that lasted a month. WTF!!!

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 11:52 AM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
It's a 30-day warranty, not a 34-day warranty, nor is it a 35-day warranty.

Rules are rules my friends. If they start accepting sticks 35 days old, why not 40? Why not 50? They've got to set the limit somewhere, and enforce it to the best of their ability.

AHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Devils Mike*

Send a message via MSN to Devils Mike*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post

Rules are rules my friends. If they start accepting sticks 35 days old, why not 40? Why not 50? They've got to set the limit somewhere, and enforce it to the best of their ability.
30 day warranties are way to short basically.

Devils Mike* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 01:55 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome1612 View Post
Being the customer, yea, I agree. But, we're lucky we even get that. There's no telling what a stick goes through (as a manufacturer), a month is just long enough to know that if there is a design/manufacturing deficiency, it will get weeded out earlier then later. 30 days allows them to guarantee their work (which should be the only reason for the guarantee), but not overuse/abuse by the player.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 03:53 PM
K-PAX*

You could always protest the policy by not buying their products.

K-PAX* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 04:22 PM
rinkrat22

Quote:

so I am guessing when you get pulled over for speeding you would never say a word to the police officer except "thank you" while recieving you ticket. rules are rules. Its my fault for being dumb enough to spend $200 on a stick when I am just an old beer leaguer but think about it 30 days is maybe 4-5 mens league games. it may be out of warrinty but thats a pretty crappy product. I won't be buying another full price stick. hockeyoverstock here I come.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckleboy View Post
same thing happened to me 35 day old vapor xxxx. they told me sorry too bad. 200 bucks for a stick that lasted a month. WTF!!!
Dude that happens to me with every stick, end up going through 6-7 sticks a year but noething over $150

Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 05:33 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome1612 View Post
No, they aren't. Warranties are against manufacturing defects not to replace an abused(playing hockey in general abuses sticks) stick. They are too lenient when it comes to warranties which is what helps drive prices up. This is one reason why I like to stick to pro stock.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 09:55 PM
AHF

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckleboy View Post
so I am guessing when you get pulled over for speeding you would never say a word to the police officer except "thank you" while recieving you ticket. rules are rules.
Oh dear.

If said cop chooses to give me a ticket, I have no choice but to accept it. That's the way she goes.

Old
03-14-2009, 10:00 PM
AHF

I should mention, I work in a hockey store, so I deal with broken sticks on a daily basis.

Passed thirty days? No receipt? Good luck getting compassion from me.

When you purchase the stick, we tell you about the warranty, and we tell you to hang on to the receipt for warranty purposes. If you can't hold your end of the bargain (by losing/tossing the receipt), why the heck should the manufacturer shoulder the blame?

I'll never forget the clown that came in the store with a broken stick, looking for a replacement from us. The conversation went a little like this:

Manager: Do you have the receipt?
Goofball: No
Manager: Ok...when did you buy the stick?
Goofball: Oh I dunno...two or three months ago...

Nice try champ.

Old
03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Schenn Him

Has anyone tried using a credit card that offers an extra warranty? Some VISA cards double the manufacturer's warranty.

Schenn Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 11:43 PM
XweekendwarriorX

Quote:
I should mention, I work in a hockey store, so I deal with broken sticks on a daily basis.

Passed thirty days? No receipt? Good luck getting compassion from me.

When you purchase the stick, we tell you about the warranty, and we tell you to hang on to the receipt for warranty purposes. If you can't hold your end of the bargain (by losing/tossing the receipt), why the heck should the manufacturer shoulder the blame?

I'll never forget the clown that came in the store with a broken stick, looking for a replacement from us. The conversation went a little like this:

Manager: Do you have the receipt?
Goofball: No
Manager: Ok...when did you buy the stick?
Goofball: Oh I dunno...two or three months ago...

Nice try champ.
Do you ever give a person a receipt if they ask? i know a few people who have broke sticks went back to the place they bought it and had them ring up the stick again to print out a receipt and wait a few weeks to send the broken stick back? but i do agree with you i have broken many sticks a few months into use and wish i could get the money back or a new one but just suck it up and find something. if i get lucky i can make the OPS a 2PS

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 01:41 AM
Huggy Bear*

Send a message via AIM to Huggy Bear*
Quote:

Mmhmm. Give an inch and people will gladly take miles.

Huggy Bear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
AHF

Quote:
Originally Posted by XweekendwarriorX View Post
Do you ever give a person a receipt if they ask?
I don't. The companies want the original receipt. When reprinting a receipt, it says 'reprint' clearly on it, and it would show today's date instead of the original purchase date.

Yeah yeah, I know ringing it in again (and returning right afterwards) would work, but I don't do that. The manufacturers are good to us, so why would I stab 'em in the back by 'scamming' them?

Old
03-18-2009, 09:40 PM
190Octane

I have a great warrior replacement story for you all. I sent in my broken Johnson shaft a few weeks ago and I go a nice bit package from Warrior in the mail. Instead of sending me a shaft, they sent me a brand new Johnson stick. I appreciate the upgrade but they sent a righty and I shoot lefty.

190Octane is online now   Reply With Quote