Notices

Ducks vs. Predators

Old
03-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post

2nd question to everybody. What's more significant in terms of making the playoffs and/or draft pick? The 2 points we gained, or the 1 point we gave away?
I don't care about our draft pick I just want to see them play like they care. The last three games they have which is all I ask for even though the SJ game was frustrating as hell to watch after SJ scored.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Lyons71

Damn, Bobby Ryan has some big traps. (interview on ducks live right now)

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 11:49 PM
ericnut

Good game overall. Does anyone have an update on Beauchemin?

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 11:50 PM
TheJoeMan

Quote:
I meant Giguere's season.

Although in 03-04 I felt like it was the team let Giguere down more than the other way around. This year Giguere's been as big a reason as anything else (well, maybe a little less than the absence of any defensive depth whatsoever).
Jiggy's 03-04 season wasn't as bad as some think it was. He was left out to dry that year. He's had a tough year this year though, his worst as a Duck without a doubt. But all three goals were the results of flukey bounces. He made some big stops tonight when we were tied.

Quote:
2nd question to everybody. What's more significant in terms of making the playoffs and/or draft pick? The 2 points we gained, or the 1 point we gave away?
The playoffs are always, ALWAYS, more important. I don't care if it's just for the 7th or 8th spot. I rather miss the playoffs by a point knowing the boys never quit than a high pick knowing they tanked.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
The playoffs are always, ALWAYS, more important. I don't care if it's just for the 7th or 8th spot. I rather miss the playoffs by a point knowing the boys never quit than a high pick knowing they tanked.
This.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Quote:
Jiggy's 03-04 season wasn't as bad as some think it was. He was left out to dry that year. He's had a tough year this year though, his worst as a Duck without a doubt. But all three goals were the results of flukey bounces. He made some big stops tonight when we were tied.

Totally agree with about the draft pick. Sure it's important, but winning and effort are always more important.

Ducksforcup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Ducksforcup

Three more games against the Yotes...a single loss in any of those games and this season is over IMO.

Old
03-18-2009, 11:58 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
This year, easily. If we had the 03-04 Giguere we would be in a playoff spot right now. He wasn't that bad the year after the cup run, expectations were just super high after the Conn Smythe which is why that year was considered a disappointment.
Well Conn Smythe or not, he wasn't even as good as he was in the regular season of 02-03. But yeah I didn't feel he was as bad as his numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't care about our draft pick I just want to see them play like they care. The last three games they have which is all I ask for even though the SJ game was frustrating as hell to watch after SJ scored.
True. If they brought the effort all season, I wouldn't mind where we were at. They tried and just weren't good enough. It's been the give a damn level that's sucked the most.

Quote:
Looks like there's some agreement that 03-04 wasn't that bad individually then.
Quote:
It's not just the pick. Giving Nashville that point really hurt us by making it 1 fewer team we're likely to catch and pass to get a playoff spot.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Ducksforcup

I agree about Jiggy in 03-04 btw. The team in front of him had no clear direction and had absolutely no chemistry. Jiggy prevented the team from finishing lower.

Old
03-19-2009, 12:03 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Good game tonight guys! You all certainly played better and deserved the win--especially since the calls were not in your favor.

See you all 3/24 in music city. It's on!

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I'd like to see Teemu pick up at least 5 more goals this season, make 600 that much more reachable next year.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
Good game tonight guys! You all certainly played better and deserved the win--especially since the calls were not in your favor.

See? This is why hockey will always belong in southern markets. Can you imagine a Vancouver or Ottawa fan posting this?

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:

I'm not watching today's game, but they have started complaining more about calls recently. Partially because it seems like the entire franchise (broadcast team included) is feeling more and more fed up with the officiating, warranted or not.
That's exactly right. I remember hearing about how bad Hazie and Ahlers were before I got center ice this year. Yes they are homers, but that's common and i've watched a lot of games this year, and I've heard a lot worse then them. However, Snark is right. Frankly I think everybody involved with the Ducks is fed up with the ******** officiating this year. It has not been consistent for over a game, and it's been by far the worst officiating I've ever seen this season. So yeah maybe they are griping a little too much, but it's warranted at this point.

The worst broadcasting I've ever seen had to be yesterdays NJ vs. Chicago game. Holy **** it was pathetic... Here I will sum up what was said:

Announcer 1: Man that Brodeur... I'd suck his c o c k for sure.
Announcer 2: Yeah I'd suck it too, but i can't decide if I'd rather suck his or Roy's...
Anouncer 1: Yeah, let's just be safe and suck them both.

Catching my drift? It was really the worst commentating I've ever heard. I think what Brodeur accomplished is awesome as well, primarily because I hated everything about Roy, but christ it was ridiculous. There was not a string of more then 5 mintues where a compliment wasn't handed down to either Roy or Brodeur.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post

Nice post Memphis... good to see posts like this every once in a while.

I was getting hammered most of the night and just came home and saw the last 15 minutes of the third, but from what I saw the Ducks were clearly the better team.

I still don't think we're making the playoffs, especially that we handed Nashville a point in this one, but it still keeps that extremely small speck of hope alive. The Ducks are in must win mode, and I don't mean just getting a point. Their next 3 games are against Nashville again, and the Yotes twice. They have to AT LEAST get 5 out of 6 points in those three games or this season is over for sure.

Also glad to see Ryan with the twins. It was nice to see Selanne with a PP goal as well, about damn time. If only he was on the second...... haha just kidding. No reason to go into that again.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 12:36 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Nice post Memphis... good to see posts like this every once in a while.

I was getting hammered most of the night and just came home and saw the last 15 minutes of the third, but from what I saw the Ducks were clearly the better team.

I still don't think we're making the playoffs, especially that we handed Nashville a point in this one, but it still keeps that extremely small speck of hope alive. The Ducks are in must win mode, and I don't mean just getting a point. Their next 3 games are against Nashville again, and the Yotes twice. They have to AT LEAST get 5 out of 6 points in those three games or this season is over for sure.

Also glad to see Ryan with the twins. It was nice to see Selanne with a PP goal as well, about damn time. If only he was on the second...... haha just kidding. No reason to go into that again.
Hey, anything is possible. Every game from this point on is emotional. Nothing is guaranteed and this game was scary because we realized that other teams want this just as much as us and are willing to fight just as hard, if not harder.

You guys played like you wanted it. We played like crap. Very disappointing. We are capable of doing so much better. I can share and understand the frustration.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:14 AM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoringlegend08 View Post
EC has actually played well the last couple of games, he still tries to be too fancy at least once per shift, but he's been perdy gooood.
I think he should stay fancy, It's like his best skill

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
oh lawd, we've had our share of lazy play and bad goaltending, but we have one of the better teams in the league and even when the guys play exceptional they can't really make their own luck (you can't convince me that armpit goal wasn't some cruel practical joke). they had to fight tooth and nail to just edge this one out... jeebus

still plenty happy about the win, it was awesome.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Bender66
RIP #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
That's exactly right. I remember hearing about how bad Hazie and Ahlers were before I got center ice this year. Yes they are homers, but that's common and i've watched a lot of games this year, and I've heard a lot worse then them. However, Snark is right. Frankly I think everybody involved with the Ducks is fed up with the ******** officiating this year. It has not been consistent for over a game, and it's been by far the worst officiating I've ever seen this season. So yeah maybe they are griping a little too much, but it's warranted at this point.

The worst broadcasting I've ever seen had to be yesterdays NJ vs. Chicago game. Holy **** it was pathetic... Here I will sum up what was said:

Announcer 1: Man that Brodeur... I'd suck his c o c k for sure.
Announcer 2: Yeah I'd suck it too, but i can't decide if I'd rather suck his or Roy's...
Anouncer 1: Yeah, let's just be safe and suck them both.

Catching my drift? It was really the worst commentating I've ever heard. I think what Brodeur accomplished is awesome as well, primarily because I hated everything about Roy, but christ it was ridiculous. There was not a string of more then 5 mintues where a compliment wasn't handed down to either Roy or Brodeur.
I've been saying this to anyone who will listen for the last year and a half. I end up watching a lot of streams because I'm usually still at work past 7pm and I catch a lot of east coast streams, and I find it funny how Hayward gets railed on by some. He's a gigantic homer, but no worst then half of the other guys in the NHL. At least Hazy provides decent analysis and commentary. The cringe inducing "breaking through the haze" paint shop pro graphics not withstanding, his analysis during games and between periods is light years ahead of some of the other stiffs around the league.

Bender66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Bender66
RIP #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chone View Post
oh lawd, we've had our share of lazy play and bad goaltending, but we have one of the better teams in the league and even when the guys play exceptional they can't really make their own luck (you can't convince me that armpit goal wasn't some cruel practical joke). they had to fight tooth and nail to just edge this one out... jeebus

still plenty happy about the win, it was awesome.
Happy about the win too, but I feel the same way about the whole season being a cruel joke.

I just think this team used up all its karma to win the Cup. The Ducks got all the bounces that year. I'm still a little in shock that we won that game at Joe Louis where Niedermeyer got that last second goal, which luckily deflected off Lidstrom's stick. And then Teemu with the OT winner. It's like the karma police said, "eff you guys, you got yours. Payback's a *****". I mean, the Ducks got Ottawa to score an own goal, in game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals! That **** just doesn't happen without consequences.

Bender66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 05:42 AM
Lyons71

See? They go out and win. Hell, they'll probably win tomorrow night too, that way they can come home Sunday and lose, making it as painful for us all as possible.

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 09:30 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons71 View Post
See? They go out and win. Hell, they'll probably win tomorrow night too, that way they can come home Sunday and lose, making it as painful for us all as possible.
So you're saying you don't believe they can win 3 in a row?

Something they've done like 3 times in the entire season, and that they haven't done since November?

Oh ye of little faith.

edit: some stats notes stolen from the Reg. Selanne's goal gave him 1200 points in his career, and he moves pass Bossy for sole possession of 18th in total goals with 573. Pronger's assists give him 600 points. The 3 PP goals snaps a 1 for 28 and 0 for 19 streak.

Last edited by snarktacular: 03-19-2009 at 09:42 AM.
snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 10:38 AM
arinkrat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender66 View Post
Happy about the win too, but I feel the same way about the whole season being a cruel joke.

I just think this team used up all its karma to win the Cup. The Ducks got all the bounces that year. I'm still a little in shock that we won that game at Joe Louis where Niedermeyer got that last second goal, which luckily deflected off Lidstrom's stick. And then Teemu with the OT winner. It's like the karma police said, "eff you guys, you got yours. Payback's a *****". I mean, the Ducks got Ottawa to score an own goal, in game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals! That **** just doesn't happen without consequences.
I think so too. Just when you think the weirdness is over something even stranger happens with this team. It's almost as if the last two seasons was the price they paid for winning the Cup. It makes you wondered who sold their soul to the Devil???

arinkrat* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 10:46 AM
jstreet

round 2, coming up!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Nikko*

I think if Carlyle has any brain cells left he'll stick with the PP shooting from the point. I mean it only makes sense... how many guys on our team can absolutely hammer a point shot? Not to mention the opportunity for the slap passes a la Pronger-Teemu a couple games ago. It seems like they dumbed it down to the lowest level and it goes 7 for its last 12. Hiller needs to start... he's looked great... even his bad GA in Phoenix came when we had a lead at least. I still hate Brendan Morrison. No one make a GDT today, let the ivy leaguer do it. That is all.

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Sean Garrity
MAGNUSIFENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
I think if Carlyle has any brain cells left he'll stick with the PP shooting from the point. I mean it only makes sense... how many guys on our team can absolutely hammer a point shot? Not to mention the opportunity for the slap passes a la Pronger-Teemu a couple games ago. It seems like they dumbed it down to the lowest level and it goes 7 for its last 12. Hiller needs to start... he's looked great... even his bad GA in Phoenix came when we had a lead at least. I still hate Brendan Morrison. No one make a GDT today, let the ivy leaguer do it. That is all.
Parros is gonna make the GDT?

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote